Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Help with new game - Trove

Hey guys. I'm new to multiboxing and trying a few out. I'm currently trying pwnboxer, but I'm having trouble getting it to work. It recognizes the windows and will arrange them based on the layout but it doesn't seem to pickup on my key presses and mouse. The strange thing is, it seems to ONLY pick up my scroll wheel on the mouse. I can zoom in and out, but nothing else works. I've tried changing all sorts of options, adding and excluding keys in configuration, different configuration modes... nothing seems to work.

If anyone can help me out with setting up pwnboxer for trove, I would greatly appreciate it. If that doesn't work, I'm open to trying out another multiboxing program so long as it's free or inexpensive. I'm not keen on the subscription model for isboxer due to my uncertain financial future...

Thank you!

Have you tried the pwnboxer "support" forums?

http://forums.pwnboxer.com/

Sadly, it doesn't look like the owner is maintaining it much these days based on post dates (and that the front page says it fully supports the previous WoW expansion). Good luck.

FYI, ISBoxer does have a 7-day trial. And there are other tools like HotKeyNet, etc.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 12-18-2014 at 08:52 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I'm not sure you'll find proper mouse broadcasting (required for Trove and other heavily mouse dependent games) without either multiple PCs, multiple Virtual Machines to simulate multiple PCs, or ISBoxer.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Thank you both for your responses. Ughmahedhurtz, it does seem that some games are no longer working with pwnboxer according to the forums and there haven't been updates to the program, like you mentioned.

Lax, that's an interesting idea... I could use my laptop along with my pc. I'm not sure how I would duplicate the input from my pc onto my laptop though. I was thinking synergy, but it doesn't appear to have that feature.

If only trove had a follow command... I guess I'll go back to playing around with a few different programs to see if I can get something to work, but I'm not going to drive myself crazy over this.

Thank you both!

I'm trying Input Director as we speak. It looks like it has a mirror feature. Will update if this works.

So very close... It does mirror the input, but it seems there may be some latency issues because my characters go out of sync. Back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by Deurwarder View Post
    So very close... It does mirror the input, but it seems there may be some latency issues because my characters go out of sync. Back to the drawing board.
    Regarding "out of sync," are you trying to drive with a mouse? Across both toons? There are issues with any software (with the exception of ISBoxer under certain conditions) trying to keep two clients in sync. This is largely due to the vagaries of CPU/GPU/Input time-slices, and there's not much you can do to get around it. See some of the Diablo threads for examples of how to regroup characters after out-of-sync problems. This is a common issue and the reason most people multibox with "/follow" type commands or other methods to group up characters without having to manually drive all of them at once. Even with keyboard driving (which is easier to manage than mouse driving) it isn't perfect.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)