Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Default Coming Changes In 6.1

Interesting heirloom changes:

I'd like to take this opportunity to provide some information about heirlooms:

• We plan to them available again with patch 6.1. They are currently being redesigned to fit the new stat system.
    • The heirlooms will be sold for gold and base level will go up to level 60. Once you buy a heirloom, it will be available for all characters on your account, as toys and pet are now.
    • The base heirlooms can be upgraded to Tier 2 (usable up to level 90) and Tier 3 (usable up to level 100) in exchange for emblems that will be obtained as a reward for some tasks completed within the game.

It's a rough translation from the EU forum on MMO-C.
    Last edited by MiRai : 12-18-2014 at 05:18 PM
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Interesting changes:

• We plan to them available again with patch 6.1. They are currently being redesigned to fit the new stat system.
    • The heirlooms will be sold for gold and base level will go up to level 60. Once you buy a heirloom, it will be available for all characters on your account, as toys and pet are now.
    • The base heirlooms can be upgraded to Tier 2 (usable up to level 90) and Tier 3 (usable up to level 100) in exchange for emblems that will be obtained as a reward for some tasks completed within the game.

and the biggest change was the ability to purchase game time with gold.... Basically blizzard is selling gold now. I am personally all for this change as I am sitting on caps of gold. Also it basically kills off the 3rd party gold selling or at least the outside transfer of it.

New Ways to Play
    We’re exploring the possibility of giving players a way to buy tradable game-time tokens for the purpose of exchanging them in-game with other players for gold. Our current thought on this is that it would give players a way to use their surplus gold to cover some of their subscription cost, while giving players who might have less play time an option for acquiring gold from other players through a legit and secure system. A few other online games offer a similar option, and players have suggested that they’d be interested in seeing something along those lines in WoW. We agree it could be a good fit for the game, and we look forward to any feedback you have as we continue to look into this feature.

edit: no idea why I put my post here
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 12-18-2014 at 04:50 PM

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Interesting changes:

I really like the sound of this change. I just started a new 5 RAF accounts for 5-boxing using keys I bought from the Black Friday Sale and miss the heirlooms I have on my main accounts. This would let us buy at least the base heirloom items for gold which would be great for new accounts.
    Hyjal (Horde) Guild: Shock n Awe

So WoW is possibly getting PLEX?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    edit: no idea why I put my post here
    I updated the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayde View Post
    I really like the sound of this change. I just started a new 5 RAF accounts for 5-boxing using keys I bought from the Black Friday Sale and miss the heirlooms I have on my main accounts. This would let us buy at least the base heirloom items for gold which would be great for new accounts.
    I think it's great that the upgrades are going to be actually useful and affect the current (and prior) expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    So WoW is possibly getting PLEX?
    I'm kinda surprised it didn't happen sooner given how much gold players have stockpiled at this point in the game and how inflated currency has become. I like to keep my gold on me so that I can buy expensive things if/when I want, so I don't foresee me spending gold on game time, but who knows. /shrug
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

EQ2 has the gold buying exchange system as well.. when i started playing it last time i was broke in game.. so i bought some and sold it for starting plat. I like it!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

gold sellers would still be buying tokens with gold (maybe even hoarding them, manipulating the price) and then selling them in real currency transactions? Then buying gold from bot farmers and people who need more than just game time, to repeat the cycle?
    Last edited by multiboxduck : 12-18-2014 at 10:38 PM

Even more reason for goldsellers to hack accounts and use stolen credit cards to buy currency and sell it on again through different accounts - they will solve nothing.

@Andreauk
    Actually, because it'll be much easier for them to track the item than gold movement, so I think it'll be a lot easier for them to police illegal and ToS-violating activity. CCP has done a wonderful job at it with a staff orders of magnitude smaller than Blizzard's.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Even more reason for goldsellers to hack accounts and use stolen credit cards to buy currency and sell it on again through different accounts - they will solve nothing.
    Not really. Players will be less inclined to buy gold from third parties if they are provided with a legit means to do so. EVE online and PLEX are a perfect example of this. If WoW let me pay my sub with gold I would reconsider multiboxing again.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.