Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 48

It's only a failure if the boss doesn't die.. even if all 5 of mine were dead I dont care so long as the boss is too Nothing wrong with a little adaptation.. it's already more difficult as a boxer.

I was thinking of x4 Boomkin with a Hunter.. I have a Boomkin druid already at 100 and I love playing her.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    It's only a failure if the boss doesn't die.. even if all 5 of mine were dead I dont care so long as the boss is too Nothing wrong with a little adaptation.. it's already more difficult as a boxer.

I was thinking of x4 Boomkin with a Hunter.. I have a Boomkin druid already at 100 and I love playing her.
    oh hell yeh nothing wrong with a few deaths, many a time ive only had one guy left when the boss finally drops. worse is when the boss has about 2k health left when your last man drops ! thats happened several times

The cats are hard. Trying to spread my hots during energy downtime, and work in other stuff to keep whoever has aggro alive.
    A taunt in cat form would be heaven: The ret paladins worked cos they had a taunt so at least i could control who was taking the majority of the damage, so thats a bummer for the cats.

ive been spoiled by the warlocks - just letting the voids handle the tanking was bliss, all i had to do was dps and move (despite blizzards best efforts to make casters less mobile!)

maybe i will go back to the locks.
    i love dots.
    The most fun i ever had in an mmo was playing a bonedancer in DAoC when they were new! dots and a personal army of healers! so OP in battlegrounds

tried a few things:

4 resto + bear, wrath spam(20% extra dps and 150% heal) = safe, but rubbish dps.
    5 resto setup hots/mushrooms/treants and then pop cat for dps phase - solid dps but no burst and too fiddly and not fun and lack of aggro control is fatal on boss.
    5 resto same as above but with a bear - tedious.

settled on 4 feral cats and 1 gaurdian bear:
    i suppose its only a slightly watered down version of 5cats regarding dps, what makes it fun is the insane burst from pot+trinket+tigers+berserk+HOW!

not sure how long i will stick at it, patience starting to wear thin.

Go 4 hunters with a healer (healing pets is easy with their dmg reduction).. so much mobility and so much fun.. plus pets cover buffs.. you know you want to

My Horde team is x3 Hunters, Ele sham and a Druid because I hate not being able to use the dungeon finder.. for my Aly I may go 2 Hunters as tanks, and x3 Boomkins.. I wonder if x3 Ysera's gift and the stacking hots would be enough though.. I dislike getting a team to max level to find I hate it.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 02-04-2015 at 08:04 AM

well ive just done 5 warlocks so i think hunters would be a bit too similar. Plus i have done 5 hunters before, albeit in wotlk.
    yseras gift is helpful but not especially useful when the real damage starts coming. I use cenarion ward.
    Im using 4 ferals; they get some good healing boosts and also get a clone heal for themselves when they heal others, so the Hots are fine for general damage but you will definately need extra mitigation for spikes - i use 5 x cenarion ward which is like a 100% heal/6s and also all 5 chars generate a free healingtouch about once in 10s.

The dungeon finder is handy for sure but tbh theres pretty good flight links to within 30sec of most instances, and i tend to work on them one at a time anyway so i really havent found it that bad. Seems a shame to let it limit the teams you create

whats interesting to me about your 2pet class + 3 druids is ive actually never tried using proper healing on pets!
    The voids have some awesome mitigation abilities and i got by on slinging them an insta 36% heal every 15s (affliction - glyphed&soulsharded heal) but chucking hots on them too would likely make for some bad-ass tanks. Id imagine its similar for the hunter pets.
    I would defo try a team with a single void tank if they had aoe aggro abilities.. why dont they ffs!?

youve got me thinking though

edit: i managed grimrail@i604 with the bear+cats yesterday. Not great, its been a steep learning curve with this team, but im getting the hang of it now so maybe theres hope after all.
    Last edited by fightcow : 02-05-2015 at 06:33 AM

Healing pets feels like super cheating.. it's soo much easier than healing a real tank the Hunters win over Locks for me because every bit of dps matters, and being able to do full dps while moving is just too good to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Healing pets feels like super cheating.. it's soo much easier than healing a real tank the Hunters win over Locks for me because every bit of dps matters, and being able to do full dps while moving is just too good to miss.
    its precisely because hunters are considered so strong right now that puts me off using them.. im weird like that

destroyed the burial grounds with me cats! (well actually i died quite a lot on nerzul but that guy is always a bugger!)
    just ubrs to go and then its herioc time.

if only gnomes could be hunters i think i would play them

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    if only gnomes could be hunters i think i would play them
    They will be able to soon
    Last edited by Andreauk : 02-05-2015 at 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by fightcow View Post
    its precisely because hunters are considered so strong right now that puts me off using them.. im weird like that

destroyed the burial grounds with me cats! (well actually i died quite a lot on nerzul but that guy is always a bugger!)
    just ubrs to go and then its herioc time.
    I like low repair bills

I just can't melee - I have tried and get so stressed when one decides to leg it off.