Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 48

if only wow would go freetoplay like pretty much every other mmo out there! bam! 10chars, done. In fact, id probably invest in some new hardware and go to 25.. may as well

Quote Originally Posted by fightcow View Post
    if only wow would go freetoplay like pretty much every other mmo out there! bam! 10chars, done. In fact, id probably invest in some new hardware and go to 25.. may as well
    Careful what you wish for. If they go F2P, they may just ban multiboxing more than two characters for non-subbed accounts.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fightcow View Post
    Careful what you wish for. If they go F2P, they may just ban multiboxing more than two characters for non-subbed accounts.
    Not to derail the thread too much, this is really my biggest concern if/when the game offers an actual F2P model that can "impact" others. My suggestion to Blizzard would be to disable the /follow command on all accounts which do not have an active subscription, or they can easily expect people to abuse the shit out of multiboxing. I'm sure we're still okay for now since I'm sure they do like the millions of people paying X amount of dollars each month instead of a F2P model.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

hadnt thought of it like that.
    I officially retract my wish.

ok 5 x feral druids L100 and almost rdy to go.. as with my paladins, i somehow i managed to get to 100 without getting them all above i595 - i think its cos i use xp pots.

Cant wait to get started with the cats!
    Balance was best for levelling but by god its dull.

Will be interested to see your thoughts on which class is easiest to go through dungeons with (assuming equalish gear scores).

BTW, do you have active garrisons and followers running on all these toons? That's a stupid simple way to gear them up once they are rolling, but I am thinking I'd shoot myself before I got all of those garrisons set up.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    Will be interested to see your thoughts on which class is easiest to go through dungeons with (assuming equalish gear scores).

BTW, do you have active garrisons and followers running on all these toons? That's a stupid simple way to gear them up once they are rolling, but I am thinking I'd shoot myself before I got all of those garrisons set up.
    Easiest... hmm.. i dunno really, i suppose it used to be any 'healer-tank-3dps' but i havent run a team like that for years and nowadays with all the movement and also the healing nerf id imagine even that is a bit trickier.
    I only run 5x samechar thesedays: paladins were easier than warlocks. I think 5cats is going to be tricky (no tank).
    edit: 4dks+priest was my most successful wotlk team. Plus 5 hunters was good even then, should be better now by all accounts.

As for garrisons - i cant stand them. i dont do anything with them other than make dps pots. And im saddened by the way you can get good gear from them just from a boring grind. i avoid the apex crystals gear too.
    Im not interested in gearing up tbh, i would be if it were possible to get really good gear from dungeons, but seeing as even quest drops (i got an ilvl632 chest yesterday) can be better than heroic dungeon drops i have lost all interest.
    Last edited by fightcow : 01-29-2015 at 05:25 PM

Garrisons are, IMO, hugely worthwhile. My caster group and hunter group are almost all at 625+ average gear levels with several 650+ pieces and they haven't set foot in anything but Slag Mines and Skyreach normals (I'm working on achievements on the 5x Prot Paladin group at the moment). The paladins are also 615+ now and I've yet to set foot in a single WoD dungeon with them.

It gets to 615+ pretty quick, and yes it's a lot of work up front. Once your followers are up to epic level mostly and you have several of them at 645+, good gear starts dropping frequently.

And the flood of greens from large crates is nifty, too.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Telane/simple
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 01-29-2015 at 06:38 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Garrisons are, IMO, hugely worthwhile. My caster group and hunter group are almost all at 625+ average gear levels with several 650+ pieces and they haven't set foot in anything but Slag Mines and Skyreach normals (I'm working on achievements on the 5x Prot Paladin group at the moment). The paladins are also 615+ now and I've yet to set foot in a single WoD dungeon with them.

It gets to 615+ pretty quick, and yes it's a lot of work up front. Once your followers are up to epic level mostly and you have several of them at 645+, good gear starts dropping frequently.

And the flood of greens from large crates is nifty, too.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Telane/simple
    Thats fair enough, it depends what your multiboxing goals are?
    If you want to gear up as fast as possible so you can raid then i totally agree that garrisons and apex crystals are the path of least resistance by far.

But for me i box for the fun of doing instances with my team, my spec, my tactics and as low ilvl as possible, so obviously getting a 5 man team at 630+ without having set foot in the instances is the antithesis of my goals.

The cats are great... for trash.
    as expected i suppose.
    But the lack of a tank is a problem when facing bosses.
    as expected i suppose
    Get caught by a boss crit and some splash damage and its one dead kitty.

The healing is great:
    rejuv x 5,
    insta heals after finishers - plus the finisher itself heals for 7.5% hp
    also duplicate self heal when healing another

and so long as they are alive i can top them all off pretty quick and while moving (this was the reason behind this team)

but there's no healing a dead cat :/

so i may have to have a bear in the mix for those harder hitting bosses.. which makes me feel all dirty, and it wasnt the plan so it feels like failure.
    However, I will see how much content i can manage with 5 cats.