Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Cool Seriously Scumbag Multiboxing Caged Mighty Wolf Farming

Unedited video of some of the fun (and some not so fun) things you can do with your multibox in WoD.

This clip includes direfang alpha farming with ease using an eightbox (can be done easily with fewer, all these characters have ilevel around 600). Especially when you have 19 Barn3s' to feed, in order to farm those Savage Bloods. With a little bit of determination, I was able to collect a 20 day stockpile (6 per day) for each of the 19 characters before the solo players were able to get enough jobs done to upgrade from Barn2 to Barn3. This was to avoid the potential mad rush of the solo players. So far, I was able to make six each of the inferno tarot and magma tarot cards.

Doing the other elites are similar, just the clefthooves have an aoe attack that it is nice to heal through).

I will try to post new scumbag vids frequently.

http://youtu.be/BQiNRlJPHtk

Last edited by multiboxduck : 12-09-2014 at 03:26 AM

I had in my mind that this was doable, but I was thinking that the respawn wouldn't be high enough to support trapping a critter every 15 seconds.

Consider me impressed!
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Yes, the direfang alpha spawn was pretty good, just have to go back and forth. The clefthoof ones are spaced too far apart.

From what I've been told, with recent changes to trapping, it is apparently even easier to farm these with multiboxes. I've been told that trapped animals stack to 20, and that upon drop of 2 traps per toon, on a single animal, each trap (8box = 16 traps) will yield a catch if they are stacked perfectly (not a problem for a multibox). Will test these out tonight.
    Last edited by multiboxduck : 12-16-2014 at 07:01 PM

Quote Originally Posted by multiboxduck View Post
    From what I've been told, with recent changes to trapping, it is apparently even easier to farm these with multiboxes. I've been told that trapped animals stack to 20, and that upon drop of 2 traps per toon, on a single animal, each trap (8box = 16 traps) will yield a catch if they are stacked perfectly (not a problem for a multibox). Will test these out tonight.
    They must have hotfixed this last night. I was trapping Alphas and my bags filled up so I ported back to my garrisons. I opened my bags and hit the clean up bags button and almost had a heart attack.. it looked like all my cages diapered! But to my relief and delight, they had all stacked up!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I haven't been successful with multi-trapping, but the stacking of traps is a huge bonus.

It takes me about 30 minutes for a day's worth of work orders for my team of 15 toons. It's silly how good the cash/hour is if you're selling.

I'm gonna give this multi-trapping a go and see what I can swing. That'd trivialize this endeavor

It worked like a charm. Stacked up, dropped eight traps, burned the elite clefthoof down a bit, an each character got a trap.

The two-traps trick worked too though only occasionally did i get it perfect. takes some practice i guess to set up and stack perfectly.

Yeah this would be hugely lucrative and extremely time efficient. A ridiculous amounts of fur and leather is generated as well. The drop rate seems to be around 30% per Barn3 job atleast from what I've measured over the last four days on 19 characters.

it seems that even on dead servers, everyone is trapping. I think prices are going to drop very fast as supply begins to far exceeds waning demand.
    Last edited by multiboxduck : 12-16-2014 at 11:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by multiboxduck View Post
    It worked like a charm. Stacked up, dropped eight traps, burned the elite clefthoof down a bit, an each character got a trap.

The two-traps trick worked too though only occasionally did i get it perfect. takes some practice i guess to set up and stack perfectly.

Yeah this would be hugely lucrative and extremely time efficient. A ridiculous amounts of fur and leather is generated as well. The drop rate seems to be around 30% per Barn3 job atleast from what I've measured over the last four days on 19 characters.

it seems that even on dead servers, everyone is trapping. I think prices are going to drop very fast as supply begins to far exceeds waning demand.
    That reminded me of a song "Its now or Never" .. I didnt even think of this as a way to make money..i just needed TONs of savage blood.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Yeah, my hunters already have the 645 guns and I'm halfway to the 665 ones.

Prices may drop initially, but since the blood is the cheapest way to gear up a fresh alt, I think it'll stabilize and remain pretty decent.