Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Noob multiboxer

Default Noob multiboxer

Hello,

firstly I just wanted to say a big thank you for providing us with this great website. In my earlier WoW days I used to play a few accounts but without the awesome software like ISBoxer.

Ok, I have purchased the 12 month bundle from Lavish and have gone with ISBoxer. I have gone through the setup Wizard which was great and found all my accounts for me and that part was pretty straight forward, I also have down loaded Jamba.I also went through the key wizard as well.

I have launched my 4 accounts fine and all that part worked fine, I went into Jamba and setup my team and have invites and all that. I got a little excited when I saw my toons and I hit the space bar and saw they would all jump at once and my eye brows were raised and a stupid grin came across my face, I hit alt F and began to run...it was at this point I notices that all accounts were running independently in often different directions and then of course when u go to turn one toon they all turn 0_o lol

I am not that tech savvy (as you can tell) but really want to learn of how to set up the mapping (is there key mapping for dummies? lol) please let me know as I am so excited about running my team up the scar and having a go. I appreciate any advice you may have for a noob multiboxer like myself.

Thanks

The way I handle that issue is to have the main account move with wasd and tilde for auto run, and on the slaves no auto run and movement with the
    arrow keys. That way you aren't moving them all at once.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Quote Originally Posted by Xixillia View Post
    The way I handle that issue is to have the main account move with wasd and tilde for auto run, and on the slaves no auto run and movement with the
    arrow keys. That way you aren't moving them all at once.
    Hello Xixillia,

thank you for taking the time to respond. I thought I should rehash my original message as it was lacking some basic details.

I am running 4 accounts on the one computer at this stage, also I have purchased the 12 month bundle from Lavish and have gone with ISBoxer.

I have gone through the setup Wizard which was great and found all my accounts and created my team set and all games launch fine with no dramas.

I also went through the key wizard and set that up also following Basic wow game play video.

As recommended, I have also down loaded Jamba. I have created my team set in there also, saved settings and updated as suggested in other videos recommended.

I have to say I did get a little excited when I saw all my toons (a team of 4 monks) together and I hit the space bar and saw they would all jump at once and my eye brows were raised and a stupid grin came across my face thinking I was ready to rip it up and it gave me a bit of a buzz, so I hit alt F and began to run...

it was at this point I notices that all accounts were running independently and in often different directions and then of course when u go to turn one toon they all turn 0_o lol

I have always used the "wasd" to navigate my toons in the world

I am not that tech savvy (as you can tell) but really want to learn of how to set up the mapping (is there key mapping for dummies?) Watching some of these videos can be quite daunting, this was also one of the reason I moved to ISBoxer because I was really keen on the fact that it maps a lot of keys for you for a novice like myself.

This is my own tech limitation that is stopping me from moving forward, I know I require hand holding for my first initial and no doubt for many after this team set up and that was also another bigger seller for my choice of software. I appreciate any advice you may have for me.

The best way for advice is to assume I know nothing as its hitting the nail on the head and yes I am very green so please start at the very beginning and let me know where and how I make/ action these changes...I do know very little about this software and my previous game experience with in game macros is very basic as well and have only ever set up basic cast sequence previously. Please feel free to inbox me and I do appreciate your response.

With all that said, how do I go about setting up my key broadcasting/mappings so that my slaves will just follow when the master moves?

Thanks

Perhaps a better option than separate movement keys for alts (which I used for quite some time before ISBoxer) is to have your main movement keys all the same but with ISBoxer doing the smart stuff for you.

For example, in my Non-combat key map, I have my move-forward key (actually I used the Follow Me mapped key as the base) set up like so:
    Code:
    Follow Me (Hotkey: E) -- "E" is my move-forward key on all toons
         Option: Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is Held = ON
         Step 1:
            Action 1: Do Named WoW Macro -> '/follow {FTL}' in 'Quick Setup 41' -> all other
            Action 2: Do Named WoW Macro -> 'Set Camera' in 'Quick Setup 41' -> all other
            Action 3: E -> Self
    What this does is tells everyone else to /follow your active guy and set their camera view to my preferred default angle (see below). Then once it does that, it holds down E so my main toon runs forward until I let go. This has a slight caveat in that if you move forward with it but you want your slaves to not move, you'd have to use another key to move your main forward (I use both mouse buttons for that case).

My strafe-left, strafe-right, move-backward, turn-left, turn-right keys are not mapped in ISBoxer so I can use them individually as desired. I have strafeleft/straferight/moveforward/movebackward alternate bindings in-game set to the arrow keys on all 5, so if I really DO want to move all 5 around at once, I can press the arrow keys to do that. I did not bind the turn keys because they will almost never stay in sync using the turn keys, making them rather useless.

Just FYI, my camera macro is:
    Code:
    /script SetView(1);SetView(1);
    This immediately pops the camera to my view 1, which is set in my character's c:\games\wow\WTF\Account\<accountname>\config-cache.wtf with the following lines (I just text-edited all of them into each account's file:
    Code:
    SET cameraDistanceA "15" 
    SET cameraPitchA "30" 
    SET cameraYawA "0" 
    SET cameraDistanceB "30" 
    SET cameraPitchB "30" 
    SET cameraYawB "0" 
    SET cameraDistanceC "50" 
    SET cameraPitchC "45"
    SET cameraYawC "0" 
    SET cameraDistanceD "50" 
    SET cameraPitchD "65" 
    SET cameraYawD "0"
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 12-08-2014 at 02:54 AM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology