Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Rift

On the plus side, and probably also the minus side,

All your old macros will still work, all your rotations will still be the same, none of your addons will be broken. I think I added a single spell to my dps macro that I learned on the way to 65. There is almost nothing new on the code side, just new areas to explore.

I have read a few people were having lag issues (server side) in the new zones.. I am EU so will have to see how I get on.

Logged on to one of my lvl 60's, and wasn't impressed at not being able to equip new gear due to not being "attuned to the plane of water". So a game that's meant to be free - no tricks no traps makes you not be able to wear that kind of gear until lvl 65, when you have ground experts for the tokens? So I have to buy the expac on all of them to be able to wear the quest gear I earned!.. nah think I will leave it!
    Last edited by Andreauk : 12-06-2014 at 07:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    I have read a few people were having lag issues (server side) in the new zones.. I am EU so will have to see how I get on.

Logged on to one of my lvl 60's, and wasn't impressed at not being able to equip new gear due to not being "attuned to the plane of water". So a game that's meant to be free - no tricks no traps makes you not be able to wear that kind of gear until lvl 65, when you have ground experts for the tokens? So I have to buy the expac on all of them to be able to wear the quest gear I earned!.. nah think I will leave it!
    You can unlock it with an expensive 100k void stone purchase which opens it for every character on your account. Instead of having to buy the collectors edition.

As for the upgrade parts you need, the gear that drops in experts takes tokens you get from running experts. The world gear takes tokens you get from closing rifts and doing dailies.

But yes it does seem like going P2W and just trying for as much cash as possible while letting the game slowly die. I think this so called "major" expansion with 0 bug fixes and just added recycled content agrees.

I would have to buy it x5 so def not up for that.. not that I don't have the money it's the principle of it.

Being "attuned to the plane of water" is not necessary to play in the new zones. Two new ear slots - yes, you need Nigtmare Tide xpac purchase, and there are some quest rewards occasionally that require attunment, but if you stick to crafted/dropped gear, you are fine. It is quite cheap atm too.

I didn't buy the expac until after I had hit level 60 and didn't have any problems getting gear while levelling or even after I hit level 60 as I crafted all my gear as I have all proffesions so never noticed or needed the PW:W or earrings.

I even geared for experts before I purchased the expac so it is possible to play unhindered all the way to level 60 and into raiding. and the only reason I bought the expac was I had a mage sat at level 42 and I was too lazy to level it so used the boost to level 60.

If you have the time and willing to grind you can unlock the PW:W and earrings in game this is a guide from the forums about it.

5 Weeklies with VS rewards:

4 Events a Week
    20 NMR Bosses a week
    30 IAs a Week
    1k Ascended WF Kills a week
    Specific WF wins a week

Total 12,500k VS from weeklies

Dailies:

3x Manugo = 120 a day
    3x Close Rifts = 120 a day
    3 per zone for specific rep once storyline is finished = 360 a day
    Daily Raid Rift = 750 a day

Total 1350 a day or 9450 a week.

Repeatable quests total 21950 a week.

Guild per = 5% boost.
    Patron = 55% boost.

Patron + guild perks = 35120, or just below the VS cap per week.

Each event = 160 VS. Every event done = can skip a zone's dailies. 5 events = more stones earned than the zone dailies total.

VS cap isn't hard to hit. It's more dependent on optimizing time than anything.
    Yes it will take a little time and effort in order to unlock via grinding.

Obviously there are some pvp quests in there which you would not be ale to do while multiboxing so would have to find another way to fill the VS that they give.

The first quest reward is a pair of shoulders I cannot wear. I earned them by completing the quest, so I should not have to buy or grind anything just to wear them.

Then buy the expansion, or quit. Rift is somewhere in between f2p and b2p now, so it is really your choice in the end. I have not spent a single dime on it, and still had fun.
    Last edited by Alex66 : 12-07-2014 at 05:22 PM

Its either spend tons of time farming stuff or pay money.

You can buy Rex for about 1k plat in AH then use Rex to purchase nearly anything in the Rift store. I hear of lots of people buying the 15-day patron pass that way.

You'd need 4 or so Rex to get the expansion though I think.

I am playing three toons again on EU, they are between 50 and 54, so I didn't see the new expancion yet. (I haven't even bought WoD, since I kept having disconnects all the time, already when the prepatch started.) Actually don't regret it, it's so much fun in rift.