Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 23

Default Null Ratting - Anyone Doing It?

Anyone here still do Null Ratting? If so what are you flying? Ishtars or Carriers?

Curious what the profitability is here? Imagine it has no comparison to WH isk at the moment? But honestly not too sure. What I have seen is 25-30m a tick (just forums where I got that info so may be wrong) so what... 75-90 m an hour? Seems like nothing compared to the potential 1 bil an hour or so you can do running C5 sites?

Have a friend who has offered some "safe" space to farm Angels in.
    Last edited by lcampbell89 : 12-03-2014 at 08:24 AM Reason: math sucks

im doing blood raiders right now and i much prefered angel space when I was out there.

Besides the fact that blood raiders suck dick and their 10/10 is the hardest piece of shit int he world, null ratting is probably the most mindnumbing form of isk making. However, the flip side is that I can do it with my eyes closed while doing other things.

Currently I'm doing about 400m an hour roughly. I just pop each ishtar into 1 anom each and just run them with drones out in 100mn fits. pretty much nothing can track them so theyre fairly safe. The only issue I run into is that the frigate rats cant catch up, so the ishtars sometimes just orbit retardedly because nothing is shooting me. In that situation, you just manually attack the frigates and youre off again.

c5 isk per hour is unbeatable in null, but it also comes with more risks. really up to you what you want to do.

Ya I had tried Blood Raiders a couple years back and those neuts make things way harder. Got wrecked in a 10/10 pretty bad after never trying it before.

How many ishtars do you run to do that?

And I imagine it is just the ISKtar fit from Jesters Trek essentially? Do you orbit a can/depot or the entire site?

5 ishtars in a -1.0. system cant handle mroe than that.
    i orbit the entire site.

fit for the anomalies are the isktar fit. 2 lse 100mn ab 3 purgers

10/10 i use broadsword tanked for em therm and ishtars with remote reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Crayonbox View Post
    5 ishtars in a -1.0. system cant handle mroe than that.
    i orbit the entire site.

fit for the anomalies are the isktar fit. 2 lse 100mn ab 3 purgers

10/10 i use broadsword tanked for em therm and ishtars with remote reps.
    How do you plan on ratting after Jan 1?
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

nothing changes.
    its 1 ishtar per site. i just tab through them

I run 6 Ishtars in null at the moment. 20mill ticks. warp to site. orbit. drop drones and come back later and im sweet. with the chance of getting escalations its nice ISK. even got a friend that will run the escalations for me and split 50/50 so i can keep ratting. i would love to try WH space but i cant take my super there :P

Quote Originally Posted by Althanear View Post
    I run 6 Ishtars in null at the moment. 20mill ticks. warp to site. orbit. drop drones and come back later and im sweet. with the chance of getting escalations its nice ISK. even got a friend that will run the escalations for me and split 50/50 so i can keep ratting. i would love to try WH space but i cant take my super there :P
    What drones do you drop and what is your ship fit? Are you saying you don't target anything and just let the drones attack random?
    Epicurus

I run 5 Ishtars in a guristas system 15-25M ticks depending on how active I am. They require no management other than dropping drones at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by dbh86 View Post
    I run 5 Ishtars in a guristas system 15-25M ticks depending on how active I am. They require no management other than dropping drones at the start.
    Can you link your fit please?
    Epicurus