Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 23

I have always been a WH boy! Could someone recommend a decent ratter corp I could join with like 4/5 alts which are training ishtars ?
    I am sure there are loads, I just have no idea where to start....

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    Can you link your fit please?
    Probably similar to this: http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/2014/...ek-isktar.html
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    I may have to try this out. The rats are sansha here so I will have a big resist hole to plug. This is the fit I came up with for sansha.
    Ishtar - AFK Rat.jpg
    Last edited by pinotnoir : 12-07-2014 at 06:36 PM
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

I just tested my fit on test server for the ishtar. I had no idea you could rat and watch things blow up on your screen. Being a miner I am clicking a ton of stuff. With this fit I orbit my mtu 30k, launch drones, and watch the pretty explosions and my wallet blink. Every now and then I have to press f if the drones stop attacking. Looks like this broadcasting change won't effect our isk wallets much.

Made some changes to the fit.
    Ishtar - AFK With Neuts..jpg
    Last edited by pinotnoir : 12-08-2014 at 04:59 AM
    Epicurus

overkill with the damage control and the passive hardener. I use

http://puu.sh/dlZf6/6d8a6ce97f.png

Long as you get your velocity up as soon as you land, youre golden. The only time I take damage is when I land in the site and I'm doing something else and forget to get them orbiting.

For the 10/10 I use

http://puu.sh/dlZhj/cd1430921f.png

as the damage with assigned drones and

http://puu.sh/dlZiz/15073598ad.png

as the tank. Its overtanked, but its needed as I like to get comfortable on the broadsword and setting up reps before i get smashed too hard. The passive regen on the shields alone is enough to tank the citadel torps as long as he goes in first.

Quote Originally Posted by Crayonbox View Post
    overkill with the damage control and the passive hardener. I use

http://puu.sh/dlZf6/6d8a6ce97f.png

Long as you get your velocity up as soon as you land, youre golden. The only time I take damage is when I land in the site and I'm doing something else and forget to get them orbiting.

For the 10/10 I use

http://puu.sh/dlZhj/cd1430921f.png

as the damage with assigned drones and

http://puu.sh/dlZiz/15073598ad.png

as the tank. Its overtanked, but its needed as I like to get comfortable on the broadsword and setting up reps before i get smashed too hard. The passive regen on the shields alone is enough to tank the citadel torps as long as he goes in first.
    So you can do escalations with 1 ishtar? Wow. This is going to open up a whole new realm of game play for me. I really don't need to use archons when I can just use ishtars. Much less risk on the field.
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    I just tested my fit on test server for the ishtar. I had no idea you could rat and watch things blow up on your screen. Being a miner I am clicking a ton of stuff. With this fit I orbit my mtu 30k, launch drones, and watch the pretty explosions and my wallet blink. Every now and then I have to press f if the drones stop attacking. Looks like this broadcasting change won't effect our isk wallets much.
    Yep.

If you're looking for mindless semi afk income, running nullsec sites is definitely the way to go.

Before CCP broke them, I used to run Ravens with FoFs, each in their own anom for a bit (they weren't trained for ishtar). Did roughly the same thing.

Depending on how safe you want to be, you can do the same thing in hisec with a lot of different level 4 missions.

Very easy to set this up with a ton of chars for dashboard stuff, and very low effort.

The only downside is the isk itself isn't very good, and you have to rent or w/e if you want to do it in nullsec on any scale.

Iirc CCP nerfed it, but there were cosmos areas with BS that respawned at a pretty good speed that you could literally park a permarep domi in from DT to DT and never have to touch your computer. Pretty much legal botting at that point. ><

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    Yep.

If you're looking for mindless semi afk income, running nullsec sites is definitely the way to go.

Before CCP broke them, I used to run Ravens with FoFs, each in their own anom for a bit (they weren't trained for ishtar). Did roughly the same thing.

Depending on how safe you want to be, you can do the same thing in hisec with a lot of different level 4 missions.

Very easy to set this up with a ton of chars for dashboard stuff, and very low effort.

The only downside is the isk itself isn't very good, and you have to rent or w/e if you want to do it in nullsec on any scale.

Iirc CCP nerfed it, but there were cosmos areas with BS that respawned at a pretty good speed that you could literally park a permarep domi in from DT to DT and never have to touch your computer. Pretty much legal botting at that point. ><

They removed the bounties on those to prevent people from doing that.
    I'm in NC so pretty much i just go around and set up camp in any unrented system. because lul. why not. It was easier when carriers had massive jump range and i just jump carrier, get office, suicide clone over and boom. all ready to go. but now that i cant do either, its a little rougher and involves actually jumping ishtars through gates. UGH. KILL ME. /sarcasm

and you cant do 10/10 blood raider with 1 ishtar. you need at least 2 with the 1 broadsowrd. They take very ltitle damage once the webs are down, so youre good as long as you take down the high priority stuff first. webs, frigates and point defense. then you jus sit around and pop battleships. etc

I do it with 1 broadsword 6 ishtars because fuck it why not. takes me about 20 minutes to do a 10.10 blood raider. I;ll probably switch out to 2 oneiros after jan1st though because spider tanked ships are going to be a pain in the dick with alt tab. easier to just have 2 dedicated logi on dashboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Crayonbox View Post
    They removed the bounties on those to prevent people from doing that.
    I'm in NC so pretty much i just go around and set up camp in any unrented system. because lul. why not. It was easier when carriers had massive jump range and i just jump carrier, get office, suicide clone over and boom. all ready to go. but now that i cant do either, its a little rougher and involves actually jumping ishtars through gates. UGH. KILL ME. /sarcasm

and you cant do 10/10 blood raider with 1 ishtar. you need at least 2 with the 1 broadsowrd. They take very ltitle damage once the webs are down, so youre good as long as you take down the high priority stuff first. webs, frigates and point defense. then you jus sit around and pop battleships. etc

I do it with 1 broadsword 6 ishtars because fuck it why not. takes me about 20 minutes to do a 10.10 blood raider. I;ll probably switch out to 2 oneiros after jan1st though because spider tanked ships are going to be a pain in the dick with alt tab. easier to just have 2 dedicated logi on dashboard.
    Once we lose broadcasting it will be tough to safe everyone up when neutrals enter system. Have you ever been caught with your ishtar in an anom? If yes how did you deal with it? I was thinking about putting some hornets and neuts on the ishtar/vni so they could escape if they get caught.
    Epicurus

1 set of mediums. 1 set of lights

fits too tight for a neut. I broadcast atm so i havent been caught when i was paying attention. I do get caught sometimes on occasion and its usually an interceptor that gets me. at that point i just warp all my guys in and rape the thing with curators at range, or if they have a large fleet, just take the loss and get back to it. ishtars are really cheap and they replace themselves fairly quickly.