Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: The plan

Default The plan

Thought I might get this ball rolling

What is your plan for your characters / accounts after Jan 1st assuming that CCP does not change their policy and input broadcasting and input multiplexing is banned.
    This is also under the assumption that CCP does not outlaw any other functions of ISBoxer

For myself am planning to run incursions (because milestone) and later move into wormholes using a menu setup for managing lock targets, (although can't get the sync cursor and lock target to work well together in the same menu setup - if anyone can help me on setting up a menu that both syncs cursor and locks target in a single click would be golden)

Activity/Setup - Go!!!!shift+1

Please note, no badmouthing CCP in this thread, as it is their discussion and their choice in the end.
    The purpose of this thread is to share ideas, see what others in the community are up to and help each other out

Tinkering with an idea on using a non-triage Archon and 5 gilas to continue to faceroll C5 sites. Losing a bit of applied and paper DPS(~5000 vs ~4000 DPS) vs my old setup, but I do not want to deal with locking up targets with 5 pilots. So long as drone assist remains a feature of the game, I think this'll be my ISK grinding setup to feed PvP. Going to miss flying the rattlers =(

Don't know if I'll be doing any PvP boxing outside of 1-2 pilots. I never liked using a drone trigger for PvP, always liked locking up everything individually to reduce the impact of jams or an issue with a central linchpin.

In the end, I am getting rid of three logi accounts. I might still dump the 5 DPS accounts if I decide to just solo escalate in a dread or thanny.

Quote Originally Posted by gomeler View Post
    Tinkering with an idea on using a non-triage Archon and 5 gilas to continue to faceroll C5 sites. Losing a bit of applied and paper DPS(~5000 vs ~4000 DPS) vs my old setup, but I do not want to deal with locking up targets with 5 pilots. So long as drone assist remains a feature of the game, I think this'll be my ISK grinding setup to feed PvP. Going to miss flying the rattlers =(

Don't know if I'll be doing any PvP boxing outside of 1-2 pilots. I never liked using a drone trigger for PvP, always liked locking up everything individually to reduce the impact of jams or an issue with a central linchpin.

In the end, I am getting rid of three logi accounts. I might still dump the 5 DPS accounts if I decide to just solo escalate in a dread or thanny.
    How are you keeping your Gilas alive?

My accounts will go into January just before they expire. I may see how tedious mining is without broadcast or downsize to about 5 toons and carrier rat manually assisting my fighters to my main. If I don't like the extra clicking or get bored I will let the accounts expire and find another game.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

No longer multiboxing EVE online, unless I get a crazy urge to mine in high sec. I haven't really been boxing much outside of pvp engagements lately anyway. This change just made sure I didn't resub my alts.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Will most likely be using click bars and lots of drone boats with drone assist to lower the amounts of clicks myself. Round robin key broadcast may be an option, but I'm not sure how CCP will react to this option now that a certain someone plastered it all over the net.

Click bars and excessive usage of VFX may be in order. I am still tinkering with ideas and templates. I think Mosg's setup may be interesting minus the broadcasted parts.

Quote Originally Posted by K'man View Post
    How are you keeping your Gilas alive?
    Carrier armor reps for ~2700 dps, I figure it'll be okay bleeding some armor during the escalation wave. With a decent warp-in, I should be able to very quickly wreck enough escalation DPS to keep the carrier alive.

Three capital reps + shield harmonizing I link. Provides ~4800 DPS of reps on a mostly passive(1 adaptive) Gila. This all assumes skills @ 5 and things go as planned =)

Anywho, we'll see if this works out. Want to run it on Sisi before I go lose a ~3b set of ships. If it does work out, I'll definitely post about it.

Carrier armor reps for ~2700 dps, I figure it'll be okay bleeding some armor during the escalation wave. With a decent warp-in, I should be able to very quickly wreck enough escalation DPS to keep the carrier alive.

Three capital reps + shield harmonizing I link. Provides ~4800 DPS of reps on a mostly passive(1 adaptive) Gila. This all assumes skills @ 5 and things go as planned =)

Anywho, we'll see if this works out. Want to run it on Sisi before I go lose a ~3b set of ships. If it does work out, I'll definitely post about it.
    I have tried this before with BS size ships and It seemed that the BS held up long enough till the Archon locked it up. You would never have to go into triage unless the site was fully escalated. I was planning on having a full capital fleet running escalations. Just have one Moros or Naglfar and the rest archons. I don't need to micromanage the archons as they can tank just fine. Warp in and warp out at grids edge while dread pops the sleepers within range. Little bit of pre-warp bookmarks are required at the spawn point. You should be able to pop each dread with 2 volley. Just warp to BM, once you slow down enough siege, drop mobile hangar to refit as needed for tank or capicitor, drop mobile tractor and plug away at the sleepers while warping each carrier in and out to escalate. Single dread is not as efficient as 2 but if you get visitors and your in mid siege your only gonna lose a dread not 4 capitals. Also I'm going to have 1 OGB as long as that's still available and 2 scouts watching the WH. As long as your sounds are setup right you don't need to be watching the screens of the scouts nor do you have to spam dscan unless you got more than 2 wh present. I've done this prior to even knowing what isboxer was so you can still make enough for your pvp. You could clear a full escalated site every 10-15 but it all depends on practice. 650m to 750m per site.

Quote Originally Posted by K'man View Post
    I have tried this before with BS size ships and It seemed that the BS held up long enough till the Archon locked it up. You would never have to go into triage unless the site was fully escalated. I was planning on having a full capital fleet running escalations. Just have one Moros or Naglfar and the rest archons. I don't need to micromanage the archons as they can tank just fine. Warp in and warp out at grids edge while dread pops the sleepers within range. Little bit of pre-warp bookmarks are required at the spawn point. You should be able to pop each dread with 2 volley. Just warp to BM, once you slow down enough siege, drop mobile hangar to refit as needed for tank or capicitor, drop mobile tractor and plug away at the sleepers while warping each carrier in and out to escalate. Single dread is not as efficient as 2 but if you get visitors and your in mid siege your only gonna lose a dread not 4 capitals. Also I'm going to have 1 OGB as long as that's still available and 2 scouts watching the WH. As long as your sounds are setup right you don't need to be watching the screens of the scouts nor do you have to spam dscan unless you got more than 2 wh present. I've done this prior to even knowing what isboxer was so you can still make enough for your pvp. You could clear a full escalated site every 10-15 but it all depends on practice. 650m to 750m per site.
    My concern/interest in solo carrier was over not having enough sites at home to constantly escalate and run. But.. I guess you really only need a few quad escalations/month to cover PLEX + a few bil/month in the toy fund. Right now I only have 1 dread and 1 carrier pilot, but I'm training two more dread pilots. Maybe when I have 2 dreads I'll give solo quad escalations a try. I was considering solo dread escalations but decided to do the archon/gila thing, figuring it'd be a more forgiving start.

My concern/interest in solo carrier was over not having enough sites at home to constantly escalate and run. But.. I guess you really only need a few quad escalations/month to cover PLEX + a few bil/month in the toy fund. Right now I only have 1 dread and 1 carrier pilot, but I'm training two more dread pilots. Maybe when I have 2 dreads I'll give solo quad escalations a try. I was considering solo dread escalations but decided to do the archon/gila thing, figuring it'd be a more forgiving start.
    This is what I started with: https://forums.eveonline.com/default...68#post1808468

Than I transitioned to this after all alts could use the proper ships: https://forums.eveonline.com/default...posts&t=144954

This is what I ended with but had a carrier come in and warp out to continue the escalations also I don't need a Loki/Rapier for webs. If the sleepers get to orbit range your doing it wrong: http://youtu.be/q4zmXjrGcYI

Remember that after the first time you initiate the site it will reset after each downtime up to 3 DT on the 4th DT the site despawns. You can run the same site 4 days/nights in a row making anywhere around 2.8b per site. 2 cycles to clear a site. Remember you can have an alt hop in a new cap for each escalation. Most efficient way to do it is 3 total alts, 1 dread, 1 carrier pilot and one OGB. You can salvage if you want but blue loot is 3/4 of isk from the site and your trying to do this with the most efficient way to reduce overhead. 3 PLEX a month, pos/siege fuel, 10% to SRP, 10% to corp and the rest is yours.
    Last edited by K'man : 12-02-2014 at 01:00 AM