Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: The plan

Quote Originally Posted by K'man View Post
    This is what I started with: https://forums.eveonline.com/default...68#post1808468

Than I transitioned to this after all alts could use the proper ships: https://forums.eveonline.com/default...posts&t=144954

This is what I ended with but had a carrier come in and warp out to continue the escalations also I don't need a Loki/Rapier for webs. If the sleepers get to orbit range your doing it wrong: http://youtu.be/q4zmXjrGcYI

Remember that after the first time you initiate the site it will reset after each downtime up to 3 DT on the 4th DT the site despawns. You can run the same site 4 days/nights in a row making anywhere around 2.8b per site. 2 cycles to clear a site. Remember you can have an alt hop in a new cap for each escalation. Most efficient way to do it is 3 total alts, 1 dread, 1 carrier pilot and one OGB. You can salvage if you want but blue loot is 3/4 of isk from the site and your trying to do this with the most efficient way to reduce overhead. 3 PLEX a month, pos/siege fuel, 10% to SRP, 10% to corp and the rest is yours.
    Heh, I've hit all three of those links in the past. The solo dread video was one of the few videos that got me thinking about solo dread. For initializing the sites, I'm guessing you just whittle the first wave down to the trigger and leave it like that for the 4 nights? Do you eventually clear the site on the 4th night for a little bonus ISK, or just stick it out with the escalation waves?

I tend to salvage my sites, as it is such low-risk ISK and something I can do while winding down. Run ~6-7 sites, put away the fleet, and start salvaging the wrecks right before they start to pop.

How are you handling targeting? Alt tabbing? if you're down low toon, high sp like cap escalations you won't need to alt tab too much would you?

Quote Originally Posted by gomeler View Post
    Heh, I've hit all three of those links in the past. The solo dread video was one of the few videos that got me thinking about solo dread. For initializing the sites, I'm guessing you just whittle the first wave down to the trigger and leave it like that for the 4 nights? Do you eventually clear the site on the 4th night for a little bonus ISK, or just stick it out with the escalation waves?

I tend to salvage my sites, as it is such low-risk ISK and something I can do while winding down. Run ~6-7 sites, put away the fleet, and start salvaging the wrecks right before they start to pop.
    Correct you leave the initial spawns trigger and the site will respawn. 4 nights of doing the same site and now that the sites don't change their ID after DT it is so much easier to keep track by using an excel sheet. I used to salvage but I've rotated sites to where I'd have 10 or more sites at a time. I'd rather do the 10 sites pick up the blue loot without visitors. You still have to keep your salvager alive by subjecting your carrier to getting ganked. Up to you more reward for the risk but for solo activity not worth it to me. On the 4th run of the site ill complete the entire site so it despawns and I remove it from my rotation.
    Last edited by K'man : 12-02-2014 at 10:40 AM

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    How are you handling targeting? Alt tabbing? if you're down low toon, high sp like cap escalations you won't need to alt tab too much would you?
    The only toon that needs high SP is your dread pilot. The carrier pilot doesn't need to have high sp as all your doing is warping in and then back out in order to escalate the site. Your dread does all the work. Having a OGB with T2 links and slot 10 implant does help. Targeting, well I use 2x27" monitors. I can place 4 clients on one screen without overlapping in window mode. The dread pilot gets its own screen as I need to refit for the need. Always be pre-aligned to something before going into siege saves seconds to escape.

Ah I see, I'd love to get into cap escalation WH's but i'd need to join a corp
    Still looking for advice on mass targeting after Jan 1st if anyone has any ideas

Problem is when you run out sites in your home. Then you start doing your solo escalations in potentially hostile space? Better have a small pos with you to safe up.

Quote Originally Posted by lcampbell89 View Post
    Problem is when you run out sites in your home. Then you start doing your solo escalations in potentially hostile space? Better have a small pos with you to safe up.
    I can say by experience that you will get enough c5 sites to make near 80b isk a month without having to go outside of your own home this doesn't include gas sites or random signatures that come up. This was also prior to having the new sites that come up in wh space. I did this for almost 6 months straight and the only reason I did not make 80b a month was because of lack of time to play. When logging in there would be 10 or so sites to run at anytime. That is way more than enough to PLEX and provide to your PVP alts. If you chain your anoms correctly and they respawn every DT and you don't mess it up you can make good isk with just an hour a day. The only reason to leave the wh to make isk is if you live in a wh with an alliance where everybody is making isk and the alliance takes all of the isk made in the wh. But if its just you and some other folks there is little to be concerned about.

Haha this post kind of answers one in another thread and I just got to this one.

I think the problem here is that people would be getting pissed you are taking all the escalations for yourself right?

Quote Originally Posted by lcampbell89 View Post
    Haha this post kind of answers one in another thread and I just got to this one.

I think the problem here is that people would be getting pissed you are taking all the escalations for yourself right?
    Haha stick to one post so its easier to answer questions. I answered this question in your other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    Thought I might get this ball rolling

What is your plan for your characters / accounts after Jan 1st assuming that CCP does not change their policy and input broadcasting and input multiplexing is banned.
    This is also under the assumption that CCP does not outlaw any other functions of ISBoxer

For myself am planning to run incursions (because milestone) and later move into wormholes using a menu setup for managing lock targets, (although can't get the sync cursor and lock target to work well together in the same menu setup - if anyone can help me on setting up a menu that both syncs cursor and locks target in a single click would be golden)

Activity/Setup - Go!!!!shift+1

Please note, no badmouthing CCP in this thread, as it is their discussion and their choice in the end.
    The purpose of this thread is to share ideas, see what others in the community are up to and help each other out
    I'm not trying to make any solid or firm plans right this second for post Jan 1 stuff.

I'm waiting until after I have the chance to sit down and talk this over with CCP (along with all of you guys and as many multiboxers as possible coming along).

It's pretty pointless to make any definite decisions as to how we're going to adapt to these changes until we know exactly what CCP intends.

I can definitely speculate, and say that I think we'll be ok with swapping between chars (similar to alt tab) and using videofx setups, but I can't know for certain until we speak with CCP.

I appreciate you specifically saying no badmouthing CCP - this is the kind of attitude we need right now. CCP has already agreed to talk with us, and I've assured them it will be a respectful discussion and that we'll be very happy and grateful to hear from them.

Right now, best thing is for us to keep our discussions and speculation WITHIN the multiboxer community until we speak with CCP. Everyone needs to chill out and stop raging at CCP in public. Feel free to debate people and correct misinterpretations of the uninformed on what isboxing is (hurr durr isboxing is super easy just pres butan and print isk - no it's not, it's a lot more than that) but don't discuss the changes (or specific ways to get around them) or rage at CCP.

We WILL be discussing ALL the ways we can still multibox with CCP at said meeting. Trying to hide certain parts will simply result in CCP's eventual discovery of them down the road, resulting in even more changes. We don't want this, and we don't want CCP to think we're intentionally living in a grey area or trying to circumvent the rules.

Best way to move forward is to be on even terms with CCP in regards to what we do and how we fit into the game. Multiboxing has a long history with EVE, and CCP DID explicitly state that multiboxing is still allowed in their post. We know CCP is ok with it at least on a basic level. We just need to know how far they're ok with it, or what their intentions are.

If you have a problem with the moderators on this forum then feel free to speak to them directly rather than complain about it publicly.
    -MiRai
    Last edited by MiRai : 12-04-2014 at 06:57 AM