Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Advantages of 5-Boxing ?

So what are the advantages of 5-boxing? I'm content with playing single account but depending on how it improves, productivity, efficiency, and fun I just might hop in.

Advantages -

Running dungeons without other people
    Having all tradeskills available at all times
    Looks cool
    Fun

Disadvantages -

Requires a lot of work, practice and setup
    Other players hate you and want to get you banned
    Cost $75/mo in subs, plus initial setup costs of your boxing software, plus the initial cost of 5 accounts +expansion
    Rule changes like removal of Follow in PvP
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Not nearly as advantageous as it was in say BC or WotLK. New features like LFD/LFR, /click nerfs, /follow nerfs, etc. have greatly diminished the advantages. If anything its more of a hardcore/hobbyist thing now.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by loobusk View Post
    So what are the advantages of 5-boxing? I'm content with playing single account but depending on how it improves, productivity, efficiency, and fun I just might hop in.
    I really liked Khatovar's summary but I would like to add that you could just multi-box till level 90. I mean you can get 5 accounts of 1-90 for less than $25 with 30 days free right now, and ISBoxer 90 days is $15. Also you can invite yourself with the Recruit a Friend so that you have your accounts in a full circle:

A -> B -> C -> D -> E -> A

and if you buy another 30 days on any account another account will automatically get an extra month free from the RAF setup.

You don't really have to multi-box in WoD. You could simply just do 10 x 5 characters to 90 as it's pretty fast apparently (I'm a newbie so have yet to do it) with the RAF!
    Just another newbie trying to get a hang of 5 man PvE multi-boxing with ISBoxer.