Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Lightbulb Free WOD 10 day trial on ALL accounts. if you are undecided and want to try, heres how.

did a search and only found talk of the 7 day trial send before WOD, so im making this thread.

ok, first things first. you have to have your main account (wow1) with no upgrade. asked another boxer who has been playing with his main account only so far, and he sees the WOD banner, but its missing the free 10 day trial button. (only paid upgrades)

second, log in the management page, go to wow1, look on the bottom right corner, you'll see a small WOD banner with 3 buttons, push only the bottom one to get the trial.

DO NOTHING ELSE ON THE PAGE, and hit back on the browser.

go to wow2, repeat.

don't log out in between upgrades, just hit back and go to next account.

i have two sets of accounts did it improperly on one set and ended up with 3 upgrades and two red screens, so the accounts are still mop. did it properly on the other set and have them all with the trial. so don't take chances. it seems if on log in, you have one acc on WOD lvl you other accs don't get the trial.

this seems to be an oversight, since the pre launch mail was specifically to activate one account. (but if you are smart you used that one account to do the prelaunch event and got the prelaunch title and pet. )

quick FAQ:

hold on wait, you mean we can level past 90 and do draenor stuff?

you can go to draenor, but you cant level past lvl 90. (you can still get to 99% exp of lvl 90.)

quests, lvling dungeons and pvp ques work fine.

you can also do garrison stuff btw.

all the pre WOD content is 100% there as expected, so you can test your teams, and see if you like the changes.

Is this for all regions?

cant confirm, im on US and it works fine. haven't checked with the EU crowd... been almost two years since my last real login so lost contact with the germanbros.

is this an exploit, will i get loved in the showers for doing it?

nah, its not an exploit just seems like an oversight. the check to see if the accounts is eligible to get the upgrade is done on log in. just be honest about it, if you like what you see, wait til Monday to see if blizz will do a deal, and pick it up. if you don't like it, don't be a dick about it ganking people and stuff.

What happens if the trial expires and im in draenor with my account still MOP lvl?

duno.... probably something horrible that you will regret.

nah, i just guess the character will get ported back to oldworld, and have the access to high lvl dungeons revoked. a similar thing happened to characters logged out on the druid quarter in SW before the Cata Patch. you get your HS set to SW. (or org if H) and you appear on the Inn.

http://i.imgur.com/dFu5k4p.png

this is after starting the trial, the red circle is where the trial button should be.

hope this helps you make up your mind, it is helping me a lot and will probably resub. after i sell my kidneys for the account upgrades... damn CCP killing eve boxing... 8 years down the drain. almost 900m sp... 10k usd... @(#@^&$#$

Thanks for the guide! I'll give this a try on a team.
    Last edited by daanji : 11-29-2014 at 05:57 PM

ok, a MUCH easier method is to simply open each WOW account in a separate tab. This eliminates hitting the back button entirely. It took me 5 seconds to get the trial on 5x accounts

Quote Originally Posted by CMKCot View Post
    Is this for all regions?

cant confirm, im on US and it works fine. haven't checked with the EU crowd... been almost two years since my last real login so lost contact with the germanbros.
    It works on EU thanks. My 5 old accounts got 10 days trials . Nice to move gold & boa stuff on a single account now in case I don't feel like boxing again.
    6 Boxing Everquest 1 - War/Cleric/Bard/Mage/Wizard/Echanter (or Shaman)
    5 Boxing WoW - Pal/Priest/Mage/Lock/Shaman