Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 44

All I want to ask is why was this podcast/write up necessary?
    Last edited by K'man : 12-04-2014 at 03:51 PM

My list of questions for CCP:

Has anyone in CCP used ISBoxer before? If so, what kind of fleet/setup? How complicated was it? How long did it take you to create it?
    Has anyone in CCP ever sat down with Lax or MiRai before and asked questions regarding the limitations of ISBoxer?
    Are the rumors true of multiboxers being banned preemptively? How can we be sure that we won't be banned if we follow your new guidelines?
    Has CCP made any effort to consider solutions to the more "in-the-spotlight" multiboxing, namely, 4-digit arming code for bombs, active minigame for miners, and reducing ISK reward while increasing LP reward for incursions?
    Has CCP considered that ISBoxers are at a disadvantage when it comes to adjusting to new conditions on the battlefield, including EWAR, and are slower to adapt or respond to the new conditions than non-boxers?
    What is the official comment on CCP Seagull going around at Fanfest telling people "multiboxers have nothing to worry about" and other notable CCP Devs doing the same at EVE Vegas?

And finally, what is CCP's comment on the notion that CODE leads to more players quitting than an ISBoxer?
    e:
    Is CCP willing to make a distinction between "interaction in the community" and "useful interaction in the community"? CODE "interacts" with the EVE playerbase quite a bit, however that interaction, while noble in it's anti-bot origins, has degraded to "shoot any miner in any belt" and cannot in any way be constituted as "useful interaction".
    Last edited by bugme143 : 12-04-2014 at 04:04 PM
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Has anyone in CCP used ISBoxer before?
    There is at least one CCP employee with an active personal ISBoxer account. The same can be said about most MMORPG publishers.

Has anyone in CCP ever sat down with Lax or MiRai before and asked questions regarding the limitations of ISBoxer?
    A CCP employee has figuratively "sat down and asked questions" but nothing related to input or broadcasting.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by K'man View Post
    All I want to ask is why was this podcast/write up necessary?
    Saw this on reddit and ignored it. I'll listen to it i guess -_-;; I'm sure this is going to be a whole lot of whining.

edit: 10 minutes in and whatever this guy has to say afterwards is completely negative and ignored due to the one fact that he admitted to botting in other games.

Good job. Learn to rhetoric.
    Last edited by Crayonbox : 12-04-2014 at 05:52 PM

Hello,

I am writing to you because I can't register on dual-boxing for some reason. This should be a contribution to the Questions to CCP thread.
    I am multiboxing nullsec ratting and followed the discussion from the beginning. Things that came to my mind that are not entirely clear:

1. (only applies if round robin is okay) What would happen if I configure ISBoxer to send F1 to a character whenever I press F1 OR F2 (you can extend this to any number of buttons), for example by a multistep action with multiple hotkeys? So I could spam F1+F2 at the same time and 2 characters would activate their weapons/tank modules/whatever at the same time, but I also pressed two buttons for it (2 Buttons -> 2 actions). This can be extended to lots of buttons of course, so it would be theoretically possible to make 10 characters fire at the same time by pressing 10 different buttons, but each of these buttons sends the same command (for example F1) to one character at a time.
    What also comes up here is false positives of course. If I smash 10 Buttons all at the same time then for the server it looks like I just sent 10x F1 to different chars, just like when I am broadcasting, will CCP be able to detect this?

2. This one came up for me when I thought about how to handle targeting, but might be useful for other stuff, too. The idea is basically the same as the one described in the first post on dual-boxing in the category "Here's examples of things that are not clear:" in the third point.
    When I click the left mouse key, then it will click ingame and then switches to the next character (hold down STRG while you do it and you are targeting). If this is okay, then what would happen if I assign the action "Click left mouse button" to the scroll wheel of a programmable mouse? I could scroll non stop, hold STRG and move the mouse along the overview to target all the things on different characters within seconds (or do something else).
    So in short: Is it okay to assign actions to your scroll wheel (because you can click extremely fast with it)? Taking this one step further: If you had a free mouse wheel (frictionless) then you could start it once and it would keep scrolling automatically for a few seconds (=> automated gameplay?)

Both of these seem small, but it could result in perfect anomaly ratting (which might also be what CCP does not want with 10+ accounts) by:
    1. Spam F1 + F2 + F3 + F4 with your left hand => 4 characters fire at a time (false positives!)
    2. Hold STRG (or an assigned button on your mouse), scroll with your mouse wheel non stop and move your mouse over your overview

I would have posted this on dual-boxing if I could, you may quote parts or all of this anywhere you want. Maybe you can get this to somewhere where it matters, if you think it's shit just leave it here.

Best regards,
    Elmira
    Post edited -- Feel free to refrain from posting if you have no valid input on the matter.
    -MiRai
    Last edited by MiRai : 12-05-2014 at 02:57 AM

Everyone said it for me so I don't have to about that podcast but at least it does bring up other perspectives from others not on this site.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments...rs_on_podcast/

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    There is at least one CCP employee with an active personal ISBoxer account. The same can be said about most MMORPG publishers.
    A CCP employee has figuratively "sat down and asked questions" but nothing related to input or broadcasting.
    Please do not misconstrue my questions as anger or hatred against you or Mirai or anyone else involved in the development of ISBoxer. I have the utmost respect for you in the creation of ISBoxer and your wondrous videos. I'm simply tired of getting hit over the head with a rubber dildo whenever I try to have fun or challenge myself in EVE.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by K'man View Post
    Everyone said it for me so I don't have to about that podcast but at least it does bring up other perspectives from others not on this site.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments...rs_on_podcast/
    WOW you guys are dicks to people trying to help the community out. Just saying, instead of bitching and bitching do something constructive like help us represent ourselves better. I agree I probably should have not mentioned my activities in other games but its just that, other games. Either way, start helping...or quite whining pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by IronSatan View Post
    WOW you guys are dicks to people trying to help the community out. Just saying, instead of bitching and bitching do something constructive like help us represent ourselves better. I agree I probably should have not mentioned my activities in other games but its just that, other games. Either way, start helping...or quite whining pick one.
    Meh, it's the same thing that's starting to happen with GamerGate. There, people are starting to get pissed off that the companies that they purchased from and is the target audience not step forward and defend themselves or their userbase. People are not happy.