Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 44

Alright.. I updated the original post to put the programmable keyboard under "unclear".
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Crionic View Post
    Firstly, I'd like to say nice write-up Lax. I'm glad someone pulled all of this information together. CCP has stopped returning my phone calls on said matter.
    [/LIST]

Back when I started multiboxing on Wow, back in BC, I actually went in and posted a ticket on myself telling blizzard that I was multiboxing. That way when other players would report me for botting my account would already be flagged as a multiboxer. I know this isn't fool proof, but it may help as a proactive method to prevent issues with CCP if we adopt a similar method to label ourselves as non-botters.
    I did the same thing and advised them that I traveled internationally work.

I use my Gkeys to transmit Alt-Ctr-1 and such to open inventory windows. Technically this is a macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Seethingmadness View Post
    I use my Gkeys to transmit Alt-Ctr-1 and such to open inventory windows. Technically this is a macro?
    Technically? I suppose if there is at least 2 actions done by the keystroke then yes. However the current war with CCP is are you sending 1+ keystrokes to 2+ clients

http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29674#p29674

So it has started already, 4-man miner team banned for broadcasting, even though the new policy is officially not in effect yet. The sooner the talk takes place, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex66 View Post
    http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29674#p29674

So it has started already, 4-man miner team banned for broadcasting, even though the new policy is officially not in effect yet. The sooner the talk takes place, the better.
    Eh, that's one guy reporting that, and it is highly suspicious. CCP might be taking a hardline approach towards multiboxing but they've clearly stated a time/date. If all you are doing is broadcasting, and an ignorant GM smacks you with the hammer, it should be a trivial process to get that reversed. Come Jan 1st however, that may not be the case, if you are coordinating with ISBoxer but not broadcasting and are reported as doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by gomeler View Post
    Eh, that's one guy reporting that, and it is highly suspicious. CCP might be taking a hardline approach towards multiboxing but they've clearly stated a time/date. If all you are doing is broadcasting, and an ignorant GM smacks you with the hammer, it should be a trivial process to get that reversed. Come Jan 1st however, that may not be the case, if you are coordinating with ISBoxer but not broadcasting and are reported as doing so.
    This p. much. If he was banned for broadcasting, it should be easy to get unbanned.

If he was banned for something else (hmm, miners) and is assuming it's broadcasting, could be a bit different.

It could also be someone just trying to whip ppl up into a frenzy for whatever reason.

I wouldn't worry that much about that specific instance.

Any news from CCP? or are they still mute to any attempt at communication regarding ISBoxer and things we can do with it?

Ok, I guess my words were broken last time. I'll spell it out again -

Excessive Swearing = Forum Vacation
    Flaming other members = Forum Vacation
    Otherwise violating Wheaton's Law = Forum Vacation

This isn't the Jerry Springer Show. Attacking other members is not acceptable. If you've got a point to make, make it civilly and be done. If you have a problem with another member, Ignore them by going into their profile and clicking the "Add to Ignore List" link. If someone is violating the rules, report them and let the mods deal with it.

These threads are important to people here and you can bet your booty that people outside this community, including those you are looking to sway, are reading it. This personal squabble is not doing anyone any favors.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    Any news from CCP? or are they still mute to any attempt at communication regarding ISBoxer and things we can do with it?
    Yes, I have arranged a meeting with CCP directly.

When I have more info, you guys will have more info.

All we need to do is chill out and wait for the meeting to happen.

They've agreed to meet with us and will discuss things and answer our questions at that time.

Everyone needs to relax and not post on the forums - the relevant people are at best ignoring you and waiting for the meeting they agreed to, and at worst, getting ticked off at the people acting like spoiled 2 year olds.

Chill out, WAIT for the meeting, ATTEND THE MEETING, and then we'll have a powwow in regards to how we as a the Eve multiboxer community plan to move forward with multiboxing in eve.

I'm usually reachable ingame through the channel "Oatmeal", or through any of my characters (asking in oatmeal will usually get a response from me if I'm there, or someone can usually tell you).

I also idle relatively often in the isboxer irc chat with the username "Lords".