Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Recommendations for video compression/streaming GFX card

I have a third PCIE slot and I'd like to get a video card that'll let me stream without affecting system performance. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Which motherboard do you have? If you populate that PCIe slot are you going to be stealing lanes from the others?

The only thing that comes to mind is one of the BlackMagic capture devices:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink
    https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity

But I'm pretty sure those solutions are going to require you output from your main machine into a secondary machine which is dedicated to streaming.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Asus P9X79 with two GTX 970s.

I thought that most video capture cards would do the trick--Is that not the case? I guess I was thinking (hoping) that it'd be as simple as getting a recommendation for brand/model.

I think video capture cards require an input from somewhere else (e.g. another computer). If you're looking to offload the stream's encoding process you'll probably have to look at using CUDA cores or something like that (e.g. nVidia Shadowplay), but I'm not super familiar with any of this.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Hmmmmm. Ok, thanks for the info--I'll do some more research.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    I think video capture cards require an input from somewhere else (e.g. another computer). If you're looking to offload the stream's encoding process you'll probably have to look at using CUDA cores or something like that (e.g. nVidia Shadowplay), but I'm not super familiar with any of this.
    Yep, all of the video capture cards I know of capture from an external source and optionally save that to file or display on the local machine.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

There is always this. I have the portable version and will be getting the MSI X99 board with it built in as my next upgrade

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...526&cPath=1141

That is exactly the type of thing I was looking for!

Now to find some user reviews. Thanks man!

If you don't want to go for full upgrade there is

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...526&cPath=1141

which is just the pci-e card version of the mobo chipset. You run hdmi from your video card in to the avermedia and then out to your monitor, just a simple passthrough and no impact. I think Towellie used one until he switched to the portable version...plenty of reviews for it up on YT