Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 49

Updated my comments about the versions of the MasterPlan mod, noting that the old version wouldn't even load properly on my unit. Used the latest build some tonight and it seriously speeds up the turn-in process. Now if we could just get a mod that auto-assigned followers with the appropriate abilities to quests (even if I had to keep clicking to do it).
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Updated my comments about the versions of the MasterPlan mod, noting that the old version wouldn't even load properly on my unit. Used the latest build some tonight and it seriously speeds up the turn-in process. Now if we could just get a mod that auto-assigned followers with the appropriate abilities to quests (even if I had to keep clicking to do it).

Yea, this stupid mod made doing them so much easier it upped the lvl of addiction for me. I get all excited watching to see if i get little green check marks or ugly red failed messages lol. Great addon for sure!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Word of advice... salvage yards can produce unavailable items from previous expansions (such as the scarlet set). So its necessary to have for the best gold making.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Ok.. so the lvl3 salvage yard is a lot of fun.. its like Christmas everyday! so many presents to open everyday! BUT OMG! its a lot of damn work sorting through all the low lvl items you get to find out whats valuable or not. I spend an hour a day just sorting the junk from the usefull or transmog stuff. Any tips on how to speed this up? i mean im tempted just to DE it all lol.

Hey Merc,
    Thanks for posting the guide, it's been really helpful. I was going to totally ignore garrisons at first until I read this thread. It's been a nice distraction. Now I have 100 followers, although none are level 100!

-Kicksome
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Ok.. so the lvl3 salvage yard is a lot of fun.. its like Christmas everyday! so many presents to open everyday! BUT OMG! its a lot of damn work sorting through all the low lvl items you get to find out whats valuable or not. I spend an hour a day just sorting the junk from the usefull or transmog stuff. Any tips on how to speed this up? i mean im tempted just to DE it all lol.
    Totally agree. Here's another strategy I'm using: since you get FAR more missions for low level followers (missions seem to be generated for level 90-99 followers based on knowing they need new missions every 30-90 minutes vs every 4-8 hours for level 100 followers), I am keeping five active followers at level 91, 93, 95, 97, and 99 and NEVER sending them on missions. This generates tons of low level missions that I send my level 100 followers on. Of course, this does almost nothing for those level 100 followers, but it does crate a ton more Big Boxes of Salvage. And the contents of these boxes don't seem to be modified by what level of mission they were generated on.

At at any rate, the 665 BoEs are starting to appear for me and they sell for Incredibly high prices. [Kick, it reminds me of farming BoT for epics and selling them on the AH that we did so much of at the start of Cataclysm.] Great way to build up a little cash reserve that allows you to completely ignore the optimal but time consuming ways to enchant, gem, and outfit 20-30 toons by just buying everything off the AH and not worrying about the cost.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    Totally agree. Here's another strategy I'm using: since you get FAR more missions for low level followers (missions seem to be generated for level 90-99 followers based on knowing they need new missions every 30-90 minutes vs every 4-8 hours for level 100 followers), I am keeping five active followers at level 91, 93, 95, 97, and 99 and NEVER sending them on missions. This generates tons of low level missions that I send my level 100 followers on. Of course, this does almost nothing for those level 100 followers, but it does crate a ton more Big Boxes of Salvage. And the contents of these boxes don't seem to be modified by what level of mission they were generated on.

At at any rate, the 665 BoEs are starting to appear for me and they sell for Incredibly high prices. [Kick, it reminds me of farming BoT for epics and selling them on the AH that we did so much of at the start of Cataclysm.] Great way to build up a little cash reserve that allows you to completely ignore the optimal but time consuming ways to enchant, gem, and outfit 20-30 toons by just buying everything off the AH and not worrying about the cost.
    I noticed the low lvl follower thing as well, good idea on keeping a few and not sending them, Im almost out of low level followers lol! What do you do with all the low level items... that's the issue for me.. i get hundreds of low level items and it takes time and research to figure out which ones are worth gold for transmog ( i guess thats the point of the random low lvl items ). I have just been vendoring them because it was taking way to much time to sort through them all. Be nice to have an addon that alerts you to rare transmog item when you loot them.

With so many characters with bags full of salvage, it would take WAY too long to do any research at all on the lower level transmog pieces. I glance at the weapons to see if I might use them in any of my sets, but as for the rest I vendor all of them immediately.

I am certain that I'm throwing away thousands of gold, but you've got to prioritize. I'm more than content with the gold coming in from the 665 ilvl pieces I am vendoring.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Blog Entries

Here is a list of 50 items to watch for, if anyone does want to try to do transmog.

I personally find it to be a frustrating and annoying market.

http://www.powerwordgold.net/2014/01...-items-on.html

Or to make it even simpler:

Don't vendor Lofty, Glorious, or Jade.

Remember bracers are worthless, helms are usually worthless, and shoulderpads its about 50/50 whether they match and anyone wants them. Chest/Legs are the big money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    Noticing the same thing with regards to missions now that I'm paying attention. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    Here is a list of 50 items to watch for, if anyone does want to try to do transmog.

I personally find it to be a frustrating and annoying market.

http://www.powerwordgold.net/2014/01...-items-on.html

Or to make it even simpler:

Don't vendor Lofty, Glorious, or Jade.

Remember bracers are worthless, helms are usually worthless, and shoulderpads its about 50/50 whether they match and anyone wants them. Chest/Legs are the big money.
    Thanks for that. Hardest part, IMO, is usually understanding the market. I've been pretty focused on getting my teams to 100 (have two now, woot!) and am finally getting salvage yards upgraded to level 2 and putting more effort into rolling follower missions. Still wish we had better options for starting missions en masse and selecting which characters to use, sort of the start-mission version of MasterPlan.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)