Close
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Showing results 81 to 90 of 150

fair pvp^^ dude, dont wanna be offensive, but this is the last thing CCP/companies care about. This is business, its about money, not "fair pvp" lol

Quote Originally Posted by spf View Post
    This is business, its about money, not "fair pvp" lol
    CCP stands to lose money with that decision, not make it. People were complaining about bomber fleets and freighter gate camps by boxers, so they had to react.

With work related stuff cutting into my play time I think this will be it for a while for me unless they change their stance, Its not just that things would be harder in ISBOXer(Just roundrobin everything, Roundrobin mouse clicks) its that their stance is after we sink all this money into the game and they say Multiboxing is fine and even the CCP employees use it alot they then pull a 180 and cater to the forum whiners. They could have made changes to curb excessive(I mean more than More than 10-15 Clients at a time) or something but they would rather kill it right off then try to reign it in to acceptable levels.
    Currently Playing: Spreadsheets Online
    Checkout Eve Online
    Links to Eve Online Multiboxing Info Dual-Boxing.com, Isboxer, /r/Eve and /r/Evemultiboxing

turning this thread away from debating the intentions of game companies
    Just going to request again, if anyone finds information from a dev about the state of software we currently can use (Such as roundrobin and VFX) which all go to a single client at a time, basically playing without needing to alt tab which was the point of ISBoxer, please post n share

im adjusting setup. 2 moroses,2 archons, 1 loki. dont need isboxer with it. It was fun when it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowandlight View Post
    You know the more I think about the solutions or look at other peoples idea how to get around this newly imposed limitation I think the end result is your going to have a tremendously hard time differentiating between people who are using input duplication vs those people using hot keys, clickbars / menu bars or round robin.
    CCP claims they can distinguish the difference between someone using repeater and someone not using repeater, but even the person with the fastest fingers is going to show a good level of input variance when controlling any amount of clients greater than two. I guess a suggestion to those who are going to continue to multibox would be to bring your key pressing speed down from super lightning fast to just lightning fast and purposely add in some a second or two of input lag with your own fingers throughout your key presses. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by spf View Post
    in my opinion trying to tell u one thing. CCP, in general, as a company, is against multiboxing now
    What if on the flip side they don't actually care about people multiboxing a realistically manageable amount of ships, but only want to stop those who want to command mega-fleets by themselves?

Does this new policy do just that?
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

LqmtXKB.jpg

Chal posted this to our corp. It seems to make the intentions of CCP pretty clear. They have done a 180 on multiboxing and the future of multiboxing will be a difficult one. When your first infraction is a 30 day ban it's going to be tough. Plan on being reported by your own coalition then dealing with the consequences. Multiboxing went from friendly to hostile in eve overnight. I will be interested to read the stories from multiboxers after Jan 1.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post

What if on the flip side they don't actually care about people multiboxing a realistically manageable amount of ships, but only want to stop those who want to command mega-fleets by themselves?

Does this new policy do just that?
    In my opinion this is/was the one of the Biggest factors.
    Currently Playing: Spreadsheets Online
    Checkout Eve Online
    Links to Eve Online Multiboxing Info Dual-Boxing.com, Isboxer, /r/Eve and /r/Evemultiboxing

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    Attitudes like this are even worse than the rule changes. Being a douche doesn't make you cooler.

This debacle is really bringing out the worst in people. The EVE community is beginning to disgust me.
    Now that I've had some sleep.....

I wasn't being a douche, and I'm not looking to be cool. I have absolutely nothing left to prove in Eve - I have literally done it all.

That said, yes I was a little snappy. I woke up yesterday to ppl flipping a shit over a simple change. After calming down my corp and explaining things there once, I then had to wade thru piles of shit on FHC, the Eve Forums, and ofc here.

I logged into the game and was barraged with piles of convos basically all day (vacation week for me started yesterday after class, so I was on quite a bit).

After prob 8+ hours of constantly having to answer the exact same thing on voice comms, over irc, on 3 different forums, and about 20+ private chats (NOT counting the barrage of misguided smug, then confusion, then understanding in all of the public chat channels I frequent) I was a little annoyed and grumpy.

I don't mean to be an asshole, and I apologize if you took it that way. I was just very tired of dealing with the same shit on repeat all day long.

lord you should make a FAQ from the mass of questions you had to answer

Need to make some information more accessible to stop the freakouts