Close
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 70 of 150

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    Would the idiots stop being drama queens now? The sky isn't falling, isboxer isn't getting banned, and it's not hard to adapt while still following the INTENT of the rule (I agree, don't push edge cases).

This won't change anything for anyone half competent who isn't trying to run a fuckoff (>25) amount of chars (What CCP doesn't want). If you can't be bothered to spend a while getting a proper working setup to adapt to this then go cry more on the forums and unsub your chars/quit eve.

You won't be missed and I thank you for leaving more cheap plex for me.
    Attitudes like this are even worse than the rule changes. Being a douche doesn't make you cooler.

This debacle is really bringing out the worst in people. The EVE community is beginning to disgust me.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

That flow chart pretty clearly places VFX and clickbars in the STOP! category.

As an aside, Lords, you shouldn't refer to people as drama queens and idiots for expressing their opinion. CCP literally did a 180 degree stance switch on the ISBoxer/multiboxing topic, and anyone saying that this isn't a significant blow to multiboxing Eve is burying their head in the sand.

As I said earlier (pre-flowchart), CCP is clearly and concisely communicating that using ISBoxer for anything other than window management, setting up your in-game user interface, and logging in to the game is verboten. Even if you're doing everything by the book, you're still going to get aggressively reported--And the goal that they're trying to achieve is clear.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Has anyone got any response yet from CCP about the full details on this ToS change? I put in a ticket earlier today asking for more info and haven't heard anything back yet. I'm really interested to find out about One to One broadcasting. Like being able to send a keystroke to character B while being on character A's window. There may still be some tedious but bearable workarounds for the medium/large multiboxers. I'm trying as hard as I can to remain optimistic, but half of me just wants to say F it, boycott eve, and find a better game to multibox for now.

anything that can be hotkeyed is still going to be workable and not that bad, however mouseclicking on 10 accounts is going to be a major pain in the ass. Im getting closer and closer to just dropping the plans i had and going back to boxing 3-4 accounts pvp and maybe 5 for pve.

However if someone here does find a game that can be run like eve do tell, however i dont know of any where i can be subscribed for "free" like i can in eve with the plex system. Not everyone can drop money for 10 accounts every month :P

if anyone has any advice in setting up a roundrobin system let those of us new to isboxer know please

Alz, keep an eye on a game called "Albion online" may be good for multiboxing (still yet to know if multiboxing will work with it but can be hopeful)

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    if anyone has any advice in setting up a roundrobin system let those of us new to isboxer know please
    Let's say you are nor allowed to use repeater over your overview for targeting on alts any longer. You can put a menu or click-bar grid over your main's overview (1 column, x rows of buttons) such that each target will correspond to one button in the grid. Assign an identical keymap to each button which will do

Keymap Actions -
    -Sync Mouse -> to all other windows
    - Ctrl-Click -> to all windows, round robin option checked.

Eack time you click on target in your main, the menu will
    (a) sync the mouse position on all your windows (not bannable as does not result in any action as such), and
    (b) randomly choose a client window and send Ctrl-Click to it, resulting in target acquisition on that client.

Round-robin is a name given to the idea of sending an instruction (such as a Key Combination) to each of several windows, one at a time.
    http://isboxer.com/wiki/Round-robin

If you have 5 clients, you need to click 5 times for all clients to receive the instruction. You can also assign a hotkey to this keymap and make G15 do the clicking for you by adding simple virtualization technique for you keymap, but that may be bannable.

I theory, you could also make a click-bar grid of 5 colums and x rows (if we use my example of 5 clients) and assign the above keymap to each button "on mouseover". Then you would target by "swiping" your mouse horisontally across the overview, but that may not be as reliable as clicking.

Round-robin may be preferred method over just making multi-step mapped key where each step sends Ctrl-Click to a specific client, because it does not have a fixed pattern of multi-steps, thus making it more difficult for you to be "false-positived".

Similarly with activating the modules - create a mapped key that sends F1 to all windows, but with round-robin tickbox selected, and it will send F1 to one of the clients at a time whem you press a hotkey for that mapped key (which can also be set as F1).

And to lighten the mood a bit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqJN...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Alex66 : 11-26-2014 at 11:23 AM

@Alex66
    Unfortunately, everything you posted fails the flowchart test they posted.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    @Alex66
    Unfortunately, everything you posted fails the flowchart test they posted.
    how? each click is sent to a single client so....
    Under the "Are you sending data to multiple clients at the same time" the answer is no
    Each action is sent individually to each instance

I'd say that makes things pretty clear.

Would the idiots stop being drama queens now? The sky isn't falling, isboxer isn't getting banned, and it's not hard to adapt while still following the INTENT of the rule (I agree, don't push edge cases).

This won't change anything for anyone half competent who isn't trying to run a fuckoff (>25) amount of chars (What CCP doesn't want). If you can't be bothered to spend a while getting a proper working setup to adapt to this then go cry more on the forums and unsub your chars/quit eve.

You won't be missed and I thank you for leaving more cheap plex for me.
    As others have pointed out, there's no need to start calling people names and acting like a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    This debacle is really bringing out the worst in people. The EVE community is beginning to disgust me.
    You've been a gamer long enough to know that no community is exempt from toxic players.

What? >_> How do you figure that?

From the flowchart:
    Are you sending data to multiple clients at the same time?

How does a click or a key press in a VFX Viewer fall under multiple clients if you're only sending that click or key press to that one client?

As I said earlier (pre-flowchart), CCP is clearly and concisely communicating that using ISBoxer for anything other than window management, setting up your in-game user interface, and logging in to the game is verboten. Even if you're doing everything by the book, you're still going to get aggressively reported--And the goal that they're trying to achieve is clear.
    There's no doubt that people who are multiboxing are going to be reported, but CCP claims that they can tell who is repeating and who isn't. So, by that statement alone, they should be able to tell whether you're doing things in a legit manner or not. But you have to wonder if this is creating more of a headache for the people that answer in-game tickets, or less of a headache.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

You're right that they ARE pretty clear about their intent, but you're wrong about what they are saying to you.

I'll follow the flow chart... here we are... let's see where we go with this.
    ARE YOU SENDING DATA TO MULTIPLE CLIENTS AT THE SAME TIME?
    ...TO MULTIPLE CLIENTS AT THE SAME TIME?
    ... AT THE SAME TIME?
    - Operating a single game client through a video fx: NO. DATA TO ONE CLIENT AT THE SAME TIME.
    - Sending a keystroke or click from one game window (or DxNothing) to one game window, either being or excluding the current window (regardless of Click Bar, Menu, Mapped Key, etc): NO. DATA TO ONE CLIENT AT THE SAME TIME.

Soooo I guess the flow chart pretty clearly places Mosg2 in the STOP! category.

you're still going to get aggressively reported
    People are complete dickwads and will report you whether you are even remotely close to treading the line or not. See 3 pilots with similar names? hurr durr let's report because I don't like this guy. This does not mean "ISBoxer is banned" and it does not mean that "doing ANYTHING with ISBoxer -- even if CCP explicitly told us all in that it's allowed and then showed us a flowchart reiterating that it is allowed -- is banned".

With that said, I would definitely advise against things that people are suggesting involving round-robin and rapid (or auto-fired which has always been against the rules) keystrokes. The more you guys try to tinker/weasel your way around what they said in order to continue to run larger fleets, the less you're going to be left alone.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start