Close
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 110 of 150

I agree that CCP needs be be clear with what functions are allowed in isboxer considering the first offense being a 30 day ban leading to being permanent on a second offense. CCP is still a company. Despite this being a game and they can change policies at will, people still use real money towards a product. By changing policies which may result in a loss of product which you paid for and was previously allowed may possibly lead to legal issues. I'm positive they looked at this in a legal standpoint but this could be argued in court if someone would to take it that far. Banning say 50 boxers that had 10 accounts each means they acquired $66,000 from the intent that what people were doing were previously legal and not in violation. This is a grey point that needs to be adressed.

Questions of mine:

1. The use of hotkeys that round-robin
    2. The use of video FX and dxnothing to see all characters and modules, overview, etc. on one screen
    3. The use of click bars

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    I nominate Mosg and Lax to ask questions directly to CCP. I question any multiboxer cheerleading any decision to restrict multiboxing to a game where it was allowed for years. This is a massive change to the norm. Although it's CCP's right to change the rules, we should push back and not praise their decision to swap the rules on us after so many years. There have been many isboxer hate threads posted recently on the eve news websites. I feel this decision was made by the anti boxer lobby that recently has been very vocal on how they think multiboxing is illegal. With a 30 day ban being the first step CCP must be crystal clear on what will be allowed and what is not. A bullshit flow chart is not very clear on the many capabilities of isboxer.
    what more crystal clear you want?
    no matter how you do it, no matter what technology, you cant target same target across all accounts with just 1 click, you need an input per account, you cant duplicate it.

yes, CCP killed isboxing. lol@ videofx.

Quote Originally Posted by K'man View Post
    I agree that CCP needs be be clear with what functions are allowed in isboxer considering the first offense being a 30 day ban leading to being permanent on a second offense. CCP is still a company. Despite this being a game and they can change policies at will, people still use real money towards a product. By changing policies which may result in a loss of product which you paid for and was previously allowed may possibly lead to legal issues. I'm positive they looked at this in a legal standpoint but this could be argued in court if someone would to take it that far. Banning say 50 boxers that had 10 accounts each means they acquired $66,000 from the intent that what people were doing were previously legal and not in violation. This is a grey point that needs to be adressed.

Questions of mine:

1. The use of hotkeys that round-robin
    2. The use of video FX and dxnothing to see all characters and modules, overview, etc. on one screen
    3. The use of click bars
    1 click/action per account, so you would have to (not sure what round robin is), still click in same location 10 times if you have 10 accounts.

YOU ARE ALLOWED TO USE VIDEO FX AND DXNOTHING TO SEE ALL MODULES ETC< AND ALSO PASSTHROUGH KEYS through them! WHY do you even ask this!?!? you didnt read this thread?

Click bars are FINE.

I think that this came about from two major pushes: One, with the revamp to nulsec, player owned stations/gates etc, they're looking at mining and mineral production. This is a good way to reset and get a baseline for who produces what and in what quantities right now. Two, more than one of this season's CSM members are very vocal against multiboxers.

In any case, shrug.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by K'man View Post
    Ok i understand why players get upset i did in wow little change to boxers. But going down the Legal route is just being silly do not say it there no point ever going down this road for a god game.

Games change there rules all the time They given you more then we had in wow it was a change that happened in a Night (patch!!) They did not tell us or anything. Your getting a lot more out of the company then blizzard did or we got was ya we did it because of bots. and even to this date we don't know with work rounds is the right thing as blizzard said nothing. just we don't support boxing more then one account.

The TOS in everything in the would says they can do what they want when they want. And to be fair there not even banning you for boxing. they just changed a rule. Get round it quit. Everyone loses money all the time that is how the world goes round.
    Last edited by ebony : 11-26-2014 at 05:59 PM

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfoot View Post
    1 click/action per account, so you would have to (not sure what round robin is), still click in same location 10 times if you have 10 accounts.

YOU ARE ALLOWED TO USE VIDEO FX AND DXNOTHING TO SEE ALL MODULES ETC< AND ALSO PASSTHROUGH KEYS through them! WHY do you even ask this!?!? you didnt read this thread?

Click bars are FINE.

Not exactly the response I was looking to receive but at least it cleared up my random thought process.

< Mod-hammer >

I know people are ticked, as is the case with any change like this, but people are getting out of hand. Watch the language, watch the flaming, watch the attitude or watch this thread magically lose about 10 pages of posts.

New people may want to read the site rules if you haven't.
    < /mod-hammer >

Go eat some smashed taters or pumpkin pie. Unplug and find something to be thankful for and appreciate the people around you. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 11-27-2014 at 12:01 PM
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Update post for those that were interested in refunds.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...28#post5248928

Update post. Another interesting one.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...10#post5249510
    Last edited by K'man : 11-28-2014 at 12:21 AM

Default Err...sorry if this should not have a new thread, but WARNING

http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.p...=6360&start=60

"Was actually banned for using Isboxer with broadcast on my 4 man mining team this week, the same day as the policy change announcement. They also banned every account I ever logged into this computer with (all but 3) and I petitioned.

Finally got a petition response and they said basically that using broadcast mode to control more than one client with the same mouse and keystroke was a violation of the TOS/EULA. I repetitioned because the policy is not in effect yet and they closed the petition.

Needless to say, after 9 years in EVE I am done. The game has changed too much (for the worse) and their new blanket ban policy is pissing me off."

Pulled off ISboxer forums

Edit: In other new seems like any mention of keyboard macros or isboxer is replied by an automated response
    sent 2 support tickets, and got 2 replies very similar, nearly identical save the ISBoxer ticket, which came with an extra line saying any misuse would get banned come Jan
    Last edited by thedevilyouknow : 11-28-2014 at 06:42 AM

ISBoxer 41.10.1128.1 is now available for manual update. (changelog) Another update in the coming weeks will show an update notice when you start ISBoxer; this one you must find via Help->About ISBoxer, or any fresh download of ISBoxer.

• EVE Online: In January 2015, CCP will begin prohibiting the use of Input Broadcasting/Multiplexing. As of ISBoxer 41.10.1128.1, out of abundance of caution, Broadcasting will be locked down by default for all EVE Online profiles, new and old. Please do a fresh Export to Inner Space. To re-enable Broadcasting until January, or for use during CCP's stated-as-acceptable times (login, client settings, window positions, etc), un-check the new Character Set setting 'Disable capabilities to control multiple windows simultaneously, including Broadcasting and Action Target Groups (EVE Online)' and Export to Inner Space. Please take care not to broadcast to multiple EVE Online windows simultaneously during prohibited times beginning January 2015. (This setting should prevent it except within some advanced, custom configurations.)
    • New Character Set option 'Disable capabilities to control multiple windows simultaneously, including Broadcasting and Action Target Groups' for use in games where simultaneous multiple window control has been prohibted. This setting will automatically apply for games where this is known to be the case, including EVE Online (as of January 2015, but applying as of now), Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, and Path of Exile.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start