Close
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Showing results 71 to 80 of 150

Are you doing something other than the following?
    -login
    -windown (sic) management
    -client settings?

If Yes then STOP!

The last box there is pretty explicit, and is a catch-all. Is a VFX/clickbar any of the above three? As soon as you start using a VFX for pass-through of keyclicks or mouseclicks, go to jail.

I'm not trying to be a dick, and I don't have a vested interest in this other than as a multiboxer in general. CCP, compared to every other game developer, is being as clear as they possibly can about the status of multiboxing and even included it in their ToS. Even though I vigorously disagree with the direction they took, props for at least addressing the issue are in order.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    -login
    -client settings?

If Yes then STOP!

The last box there is pretty explicit, and is a catch-all. Is a VFX/clickbar any of the above three? As soon as you start using a VFX for pass-through of keyclicks or mouseclicks, go to jail.

I'm not trying to be a dick, and I don't have a vested interest in this other than as a multiboxer in general. CCP, compared to every other game developer, is being as clear as they possibly can about the status of multiboxing and even included it in their ToS. Even though I vigorously disagree with the direction they took, props for at least addressing the issue are in order.
    Okay so the issue is you're not sure how to read a flowchart.

In order to get to "Are you doing something other than the following?", the answer to "Are you sending data to multiple clients at the same time?" must be "Yes." We've already shown you the answer was "No" so the "Are you doing something other than the following?" does not apply.

I'm sorry but you're still wrong.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

As soon as you start using a VFX for pass-through of keyclicks or mouseclicks, go to jail
    No, that is not how I read it at all.

-login
    -client settings?

If Yes then STOP!

I'm not trying to be a dick....vigorously.....
    Due to the nature of VFX and click bars, each individual movement is (as long as use of round robin, currently testing right now, seems to be working well for the moment) not violating the sending data to multiple clients

Click Bars operate off of Mapped Keys. So, if your Mapped Keys were set to All w/ Current from the beginning then you're already doing it wrong, but if your Mapped Keys are set to a single specific client, then your Click Bar is only to send the click or keystroke to that single specific client.

EDIT: Misunderstood, apologies.
    Last edited by MiRai : 11-26-2014 at 12:31 PM
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

You know the more I think about the solutions or look at other peoples idea how to get around this newly imposed limitation I think the end result is your going to have a tremendously hard time differentiating between people who are using input duplication vs those people using hot keys, clickbars / menu bars or round robin.

In fact if someone had time to make a quick video or link something already done I think we have a good chance in the next month + to get ccp to change their mind.

If I setup a round Robin keymap that on every press hits "f1" I could smash that key extremely quickly, sending the f1 command to 20 clients in no time. People with logitech or similar keyboards will probably end up setting up an auto repeat in the logitech software to save them the hassle.

Using click bars, menus or vfx could accomplish the same task, yes you have to click a button each time but that's pretty fast if you line all the buttons up close together.

Now all that aside, I have a hard time believing that in every single case people are going to stop using broadcasting all together. The honest ones will do their best to create workarounds and in most cases it will be very easy to do, the only time it will be tougher is targeting or jumping through gates and I'm pretty sure that using round Robin key maps we can do that in a second flat for dozens of clients.

All you've accomplished is less then an hour of setup to get around this really ignorant rule.
    I'm hitting the media circuit pretty heavy these few weeks to discuss how incredibly short sighted ccp is being with all this.

You got me, I wasn't reading closely enough.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

no matter how u read it. Mosg2, in my opinion trying to tell u one thing. CCP, in general, as a company, is against multiboxing now, so u can adopt/change VFXes, add some buttons, avoid any kind of broadcasting, be really careful with the ways and purposes u multibox, but as long as u gonna be more efficient than average F1 monkey u gonna be reported and then punished for multiboxing.
    Read flowchart as u want, its your accounts afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowandlight View Post
    You know the more I think about the solutions or look at other peoples idea how to get around this newly imposed limitation I think the end result is your going to have a tremendously hard time differentiating between people who are using input duplication vs those people using hot keys, clickbars / menu bars or round robin.

In fact if someone had time to make a quick video or link something already done I think we have a good chance in the next month + to get ccp to change their mind.

If I setup a round Robin keymap that on every press hits "f1" I could smash that key extremely quickly, sending the f1 command to 20 clients in no time. People with logitech or similar keyboards will probably end up setting up an auto repeat in the logitech software to save them the hassle.

Using click bars, menus or vfx could accomplish the same task, yes you have to click a button each time but that's pretty fast if you line all the buttons up close together.

Now all that aside, I have a hard time believing that in every single case people are going to stop using broadcasting all together. The honest ones will do their best to create workarounds and in most cases it will be very easy to do, the only time it will be tougher is targeting or jumping through gates and I'm pretty sure that using round Robin key maps we can do that in a second flat for dozens of clients.

All you've accomplished is less then an hour of setup to get around this really ignorant rule.
    I'm hitting the media circuit pretty heavy these few weeks to discuss how incredibly short sighted ccp is being with all this.
    With the state of how things are right now, i would highly recommend going through the hassle and not using keyboard / mouse helpers (logitech, g15 etc)
    Mate if you could get CCP to change their minds it would be amazing
    That being said, if they come down on using menu's and round robin, i personally do not see any way to continue doing any previous activity we have done in the manner we wish. So lots of us will unsub most of our accounts if we cannot adapt to the changes (or future changes, round robin is my last bet)

Quote Originally Posted by spf View Post
    nCCP, in general, as a company, is against multiboxing now
    I disagree. CCP is against multiboxers that are abusing the game or break fair PvP. All companies do. Problem is that unlike WoW or Rift where the devs just disabled /follow in most PvP areas to ward off boxers, EVE is one big PvP arena, so they could think of nothing but banning key/mouse repeater sofware.