Close
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Showing results 51 to 60 of 150

Input Broadcasting and Input Multiplexing refer to the multiplication of inputs, actions and events to multiple instances of the game.

as in 1 click resulting in more then 1 action on, so 1 click resulting in 1 action is fine no matter which client its on ( as in video feeds are fine ), 1 click resulting in 2 or more actions is not fine ( as in 1 click making 5 accounts activate a module or lock a target )

thats how i and others ive talked to read it anyway.
    Last edited by MiRai : 11-25-2014 at 09:52 PM Reason: Formatting

Really easy:

Quote Originally Posted by lordsservant
    1 click/button press = 1 action = good
    1 click/button press = n actions at the same time across many accounts = bad (this is what way it used to be/is now)
    1 click/button press = n actions over a period of time across one or many accounts = really bad (this is called botting).
    Last edited by MiRai : 11-25-2014 at 09:52 PM Reason: Formatting

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    The way I read this any function of Isboxer that sends a click to a different client will now be illegal. So multi step macros, clicking video effects all fall under that. Now if they say it's ok to send clicks to clients from another client then maybe there is a work around. That's how I understand the new ban.
    I'm sorry pinotnoir, your understanding is incorrect.

This is pasted directly from CCP Falcon's original post:
    Input Broadcasting and Input Multiplexing refer to the multiplication of inputs, actions and events to multiple instances of the game.
    This does not mean you cannot use Video FX to control individual clients one at a time, or even that you cannot send a keystroke or click from one window to one other window (given that it is not also affecting the current window). They are only banning the multiplication of inputs, actions and events to multiple instances of the game.

... to multiple instances of the game.

Last edited by Lax : 11-25-2014 at 09:35 PM
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Indeed that's how i understand it aswell

What i meant is ex: to 1 click activate all hardeners and orbit target but on a single client

Quote Originally Posted by Espanca View Post
    Indeed that's how i understand it aswell

What i meant is ex: to 1 click activate all hardeners and orbit target but on a single client
    I was always under the impression that macros in EvE were illegal, multiboxing or not

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    I'm sorry pinotnoir, your understanding is incorrect.

This is pasted directly from CCP Falcon's original post:

This does not mean you cannot use Video FX to control individual clients one at a time, or even that you cannot send a keystroke or click from one window to one other window (given that it is not also affecting the current window). They are only banning the multiplication of inputs, actions and events to multiple instances of the game.

If they allow clicks to be sent to each client there may be a work around to get some things done without considerable irritation. They need to give more information so it's clear what they will allow. With two steps to perma ban I would not risk anything unless it was approved before Jan 1.

Another thing to consider is all the haters. There are TONS of people in my coalition that hate isboxers and I can guarantee you they will be reporting anyone as broadcasters. Even if you are not broadcasting the heat will be on you. They really need to be crystal clear what is allowed and what isn't.
    Last edited by pinotnoir : 11-25-2014 at 10:24 PM
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    If they allow clicks to be sent to each client there may be a work around to get some things done without considerable irritation. They need to give more information so it's clear what they will allow. With two steps to perma ban I would not risk anything unless it was approved before Jan 1.

Another thing to consider is all the haters. There are TONS of people in my coalition that hate isboxers and I can guarantee you they will be reporting anyone as broadcasters. Even if you are not broadcasting the heat will be on you. They really need to be crystal clear what is allowed and what isn't.
    I've been following this very closely and are you saying that having 4 clients in window mode on a 27" high resolution screen where I can symmetrically place them without overlapping would not be the same as having 4 clients on a smaller screen utilizing isboxer to symmetrically place them on a 18" laptop without overlapping is now banned?

Before I even knew what isboxer was I was boxing 5 accounts manually on a 27" screen. There is no difference between swapping from window mode and utilizing isboxer for the same thing. Video FX and click bars are not what they are saying is bannable.

hey guys, im not a big user of the forums (when i do i tend to use isboxer.com) but i wrote a rather in-depth post on the eve forums, if you have time please "like" it and respond

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...95#post5242995

Also keep the work arounds coming!!! If we figure out a good work around to broadcasting that would be great. Frankly I am on the fence and might unsub my many accounts just as a protest, but if i can "easily" figure out a workable method to target, activate a module etc im game!

ATM im thinking that you hover over the area (either a target or a module), create a keymap that locks the mouse in place and youy round robin to the assigned clients in the ATG?

IDK, i havent had to go down this road so im open to ideas...

Well, as I said earlier, the issue isn't workarounds--Using VFX viewers with mapped keys on enter/exit, a good dashboard setup, and ships that are 'friendly' for multiboxing will get you somewhat near usable. The issue is that every single person that sees you is going to report you, and the intent behind these changes are pretty fucking clear. If you're violating the intent, if not the letter... I'm just saying.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

https://twitter.com/CCP_Random/statu...80608906104833

Straight from CCP:

Would the idiots stop being drama queens now? The sky isn't falling, isboxer isn't getting banned, and it's not hard to adapt while still following the INTENT of the rule (I agree, don't push edge cases).

This won't change anything for anyone half competent who isn't trying to run a fuckoff (>25) amount of chars (What CCP doesn't want). If you can't be bothered to spend a while getting a proper working setup to adapt to this then go cry more on the forums and unsub your chars/quit eve.

You won't be missed and I thank you for leaving more cheap plex for me.