Close
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 150

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    And your negativity is depressing.

You say you're going to quit EVE because CCP banned broadcasting to multiple clients, but people have been multiboxing without ISBoxer's broadcasting for a long time (and will continue to do so).

It's unfortunate that people can't run their mega-fleets of 20, 30, 40, 50, or more accounts with the same efficiency as before, but does anyone really think that that was CCP's intention when they designed the game and allowed for multiboxing in the first place? Smaller fleets will likely go unaffected by this change if you're willing to put in a bit more effort when playing.

1. So, you put 10 dps overview windows next to each other and click each one in order. - Targeting fixed
    2. You put two watchlists next to eachother and click each one in order.- Logi fixed
    3. You put targeting windows next to eachother and click each one in order. - Additional Target managment issues fixed.
    4. Or you use drones, which now only requires drone assist to be manual. - Mutiboxing Fixed.

You say you quit WoW because Blizzard removed follow from instanced battlegrounds, yet people found a way to continue multiboxing them without breaking any rules.
    You say you're going to quit EVE because CCP banned broadcasting to multiple clients, but people have been multiboxing without ISBoxer's broadcasting for a long time (and will continue to do so).

It's unfortunate that people can't run their mega-fleets of 20, 30, 40, 50, or more accounts with the same efficiency as before, but does anyone really think that that was CCP's intention when they designed the game and allowed for multiboxing in the first place? Smaller fleets will likely go unaffected by this change if you're willing to put in a bit more effort when playing.
    This. CCP doesn't want to remove all multiboxing/isboxer people from eve. Let me explain this very simply.

1 click/button press = 1 action = GOOD
    1 click/button press = n actions at the same time across many accounts = BAD (this is what way it used to be/is now)
    1 click/button press = n actions over a period of time across one OR many accounts = REALLY BAD (this is called botting).

Do you see the difference? CCP has no problem with us multiboxing, they're just tightening up the 1 click = 1 action. This just means that running absurd amounts of characters gets increasingly annoying, and that you actually have to put some thought into a good dashboard/videofx setup and not just blindly rely on broadcasting and perfectly copied eve account settings.

Very minor change, with not much effect on most of us. If you're running 40 chars, well fuck, you'd better take some speed, or you can just drop down to 20 accounts.

You say you quit WoW because Blizzard removed follow from instanced battlegrounds, yet people found a way to continue multiboxing them without breaking any rules.

The /follow change in Wow is nothing even close to how massive this change is to eve. I quit wow over /follow because pvp was half of the reason I liked the game. Also, I didn't want to use some half measure to follow a mount around so my characters could follow me. This change in eve is much more massive than removing /follow. My negativity is not depressing the reality of this change is what's depressing.

You could make keymaps that broadcast the key press to each client but from what they said all broadcasting will be illegal so I assume any mechanism that isboxer use to send key presses to clients falls under that. I guess we will see if they get more specific or people who try it start getting banned.
    Last edited by pinotnoir : 11-25-2014 at 04:02 PM
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

at this point im guessing for what Lord Servant use his ISboxer...

If you looked at the sleepover thread you would know what we fly and what we use Isboxer for :P.

As Lords said we are actually looking forward to the change, more people might actually fight us .
    EVE IG : vampire Huunuras

I think Pinot makes good points all around. This isn't just an inconvenience--You need to be realistic. You can fleet warp all your guys to the same grid, and you can have all of your alts orbit your wing commander no problem. And yeah, you can still assist your drones to your bunny and lock/blap from him. No problem.

You can't, however, all jump through a gate/wormhole at the same time; deploy drones; assist drones; activate any module. That's pretty backbreaking, but it's not the big issue.

The big issue is that CCP's stance is now "You may run multiple characters at the same time, but you may not do so effectively." This means that even if you are effective (I'm skeptical, and I'm a wizard at ISBoxer profiles) in any area of the game, you will be aggressively reported and investigated while doing so. Their stance may be to ban your account until they finish their investigation.

This change signals a change in policy: They don't want you to be effective while multiboxing. If you find a workaround, they're likely, in my opinion, to fix it.

In any case, Warlords of Draenor is the best World of Warcraft expansion I've ever played.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

for setups that rely on drone assist all this does is add some tedium, not that big of a deal apart from the death of your joints :P for running c5 anoms in gilas its nbd which is what we do in venio ( Lords servants corp ). And capital escalations are completely unaffected.

to mosg: its true that you cant do those things perfectly synched, but you can do it fast enough that it shouldnt matter in most situations, however for nightmare vg setups this is likely a mortal blow due to the high amount targets needed to be locked fast.

I do see it making alot of pvp setups less viable, especially if you are in situations where you cant take the time to launch and assist drones on 8+ characters but certain things will still be doable. but then again, you could just not assist drones and use them like guns ( bind to hotkey ) and still be able to make alot of characters shoot/send drones in a very small timeframe.
    Last edited by Alzuule : 11-25-2014 at 07:24 PM

I don't see isboxed drone assist fleets being effective anywhere outside gatecamps and tidi. have fun with that.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

@Alzuule
    You sure can bind stuff to a hotkey, but you can't broadcast to lock at the same time or to assist your drones. So, the fastest setup I can imagine (Shooting from the hip):

You have a button that on downpress launches drones from current window, and on release brings your next drone bunny to the foreground. So you can 'tab' through to launch drones. Then you have a dashboard setup with all 8/10/67 drone boats' drone window so you can 'tab' through them and assist to your bunny.

I imagine that you could get setup with <10 characters in 15-20 seconds.

This doesn't, however, allot for time to turn on afterburners or any other active modules.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Mosg2 you think multiboxing pve 5 toons in that new expansion is worth it?
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus