Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Question Are zones phased in Warlords as well?

Haven’t bought WoD on any account yet. Ever since Cataclysm was released I have been more and more disappointed at the game. I used to love questing with my groups but ever since phasing more or less became standard it really annoys me to travel the world and do quests. The most annoying part which really frustrates me is if I at times want to combine higher level chars with lower or if I want to help a friend or fellow boxer. If the chars are in different stages of questing they can’t even see each other in some situations! MoP was slightly better than Cataclysm regarding this, but still had a lot of phasing.

Are there phasing in Warlords of Draenor as well? Will I risk having follow dropped and risk having chars turn invisible to each other also in the new Outland zones?

In my opinion phasing is the most irritating thing they have implemented. Blizzard used to proudly proclaim “it’s not a game, it’s a world”. This isn’t true anymore. If it really were an online world you should be able to share the same visual experience with others regardless of level or quests completed. If the world changes on your screen due to a completed quest but not on your friend’s screen because that character is in another phase, you are in fact experiencing a (“solo”) game, NOT an online world shared by everyone!
    valle2000
    multiboxing WoW using hotkeynet and jamba addon

i have only had a few instances of toons breaking follow when i cross a phase.. but its not bad at all.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Less than any previous expansion.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Lol, this is totally innacurage ... yes most all the quests are phased in the zones ... you literally change the gaming world ... yes the zones are all like wrath gate, ulduar, etc. To be clear you do the quests in that area, now the area is cleaned of that problem ... if someone who has no done those quests goes there the area will have all the baddies if you go there you wont see your friend or the baddies.

As far as follow breaking, outside the above issue ... I dont have a real problem except in garrison phasing and the other zones with phasing is much better ... the zones clearly so a lot of look ahead to make it smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by HPAVC View Post
    Lol, this is totally innacurage ... yes most all the quests are phased in the zones ... you literally change the gaming world ... yes the zones are all like wrath gate, ulduar, etc. To be clear you do the quests in that area, now the area is cleaned of that problem ... if someone who has no done those quests goes there the area will have all the baddies if you go there you wont see your friend or the baddies.
    Well, I don’t like this concept at all because it means you aren’t sharing the same world as everyone else. If there is a bad guy in a zone, he should in my opinion be there regardless of me being level 60, level 90 or level 100.

Like in real world were you regardless of age, occupation or previous life experience see the same thing as everyone else when standing at the same location. We share the same world so obviously we also experience the same things. I prefer if an online world behaves in a similar way, with the exception of respawning of course.

I liked the old concept better when almost every zone had an ongoing struggle, therefor you weren’t able to “complete a zone”. Instead it was always there and you sometimes could tag along and chat with a friend at a lower level.
    valle2000
    multiboxing WoW using hotkeynet and jamba addon

WoD is full of phases.
    More than any other expansion really though they've gotten better at integrating the phases so they're not as obvious during solo or non-boxed group play.
    Also there are enough people playing in such small areas still that all the phases are going to look populated.
    In a few months or less this will start to change I think.

I don't see how people can say they rarely have problems with follow breaking.
    For me it happens all over the place.

Apologize for bumping this old thread, but google didnt turn up much. Sometimes people in my group are in different phases and I can't figure out how to get them all together. It worked this morning, but tonight it's not. Same area, no questing done at all in the area.

make sure you select the same quests on all characters, some quests like the starting quest line on gorond if done differently will screw up your phasing until you hit lvl 100

same thing can be done on spires

just turn off Jambas quest managing while leveling to avoid any problems and bind a key to toggle broadcast till mouse click, so you can select the same quest on al chars.

levelled about 20 characters so far and the only place i had issues was gorond while setting up the outpost, just move out of the zone where the outpost will be and drop the quest on all characters, the zone will rollback.

Thanks, they are all empty on quests (just the ones you can't drop). I think it might be related to server load (time of day), but not sure.

Can many of these phasing issues be from what they are doing to reduce lag or populate areas?

I am on Bleeding Hollow but running around doing Tanaan jungle dailies and I see people from many different servers. Many times I wont even see people when I am flying until I am right on top of them and they just "appear".