Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 12 of 12

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Can many of these phasing issues be from what they are doing to reduce lag or populate areas?

I am on Bleeding Hollow but running around doing Tanaan jungle dailies and I see people from many different servers. Many times I wont even see people when I am flying until I am right on top of them and they just "appear".
    Yes, there is a lot of phasing technology in place in Draenor to greatly reduce the load in some areas. This is not the same phasing technology that breaks follow when areas of a zone are different depending on zone/quest progression. I find it to be most apparent when just walking through either of the Ashran hubs (assuming they're nicely populated).
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-06-2016 at 02:21 AM Reason: Copied Post
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Yes, there is a lot of phasing technology in place in Draenor to greatly reduce the load in some areas. This is not the same phasing technology that breaks follow when areas of a zone are different depending on zone/quest progression. I find it to be most apparent when just walking through either of the Ashran hubs (assuming they're nicely populated).
    to be fair the technology in place in Draenor to greatly reduce the load in some areas is making it worse then they was hopeing the plan was to have really big man party's in ashran (that they had to cut to 40 due to players crying about lag) but when you load in 40+ players and render all there gear and spells to then walk of 3 yards and the walk back and render it back is maybe great for blizzards servers but its not for our clients. so i can see this getting axed in legion.

and even at the start of WOD there was problems seeing the mobs you just killed because the server was loading so little space around you.
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-06-2016 at 02:21 AM Reason: Copied Post