Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default burial grounds - ner'zhul.

I have now died 10 times on him.
    costs about 1000g in repairs lol.

with my 5 paladin team I cannot beat him. i get him to about 1200hp everytime and then another 'undead horde' wave comes and ive got nothing left to survive it, or if i do im so low on hp that i cant recover and the constant barrage of incoming damage starts killing my team and once someone drops its game over really.

I know the fight and its mechanics and i feel with a perfect run i could beat him but theres so much movement that as soon as i make a mistake im in trouble and i just cant keep it up for the whole fight.

These dungeons are hard, for me anyway
    Im not complaining, its perfect, and i really hope they dont dumb them down and make them easier later on.

So, make me jealous.. who has beaten nerzhul? and what was your team?

I'm impressed you got that far. I've only tried a few normal modes with my team, and with most of them I can't get past the second boss. It seems most second bosses in this xpac are very multiboxing-unfriendly, with mechanics you have to manage on top of very high constant tank AND aoe damage. I'm still hoping this is just a gearing issue - the fact that I'm able to beat a few bosses even though I can't complete the instances is encouraging.

I've been doing some solo queueing on tank and healer to improve gear to try and give me an edge. I also assume I need to do some work on tradeskills to get my gear properly set up. The almost complete removal of gems in WoD is surprising - I'm not sure what my jewelcrafter is supposed to be for at this point. Also, there seems to be a lot less enchants available, I'm wondering at this point if MOP item enhancements are still what we should be using...

Quote Originally Posted by Tehtsuo View Post
    I'm impressed you got that far. I've only tried a few normal modes with my team, and with most of them I can't get past the second boss. It seems most second bosses in this xpac are very multiboxing-unfriendly, with mechanics you have to manage on top of very high constant tank AND aoe damage. I'm still hoping this is just a gearing issue - the fact that I'm able to beat a few bosses even though I can't complete the instances is encouraging.

I've been doing some solo queueing on tank and healer to improve gear to try and give me an edge. I also assume I need to do some work on tradeskills to get my gear properly set up. The almost complete removal of gems in WoD is surprising - I'm not sure what my jewelcrafter is supposed to be for at this point. Also, there seems to be a lot less enchants available, I'm wondering at this point if MOP item enhancements are still what we should be using...
    i find a lot of the stuff hard even at the start of MOP till the 2nd patch 5.1 came out. But even in Wotlk i could only do a few bosses a place even back there there was some places a pain a real pain!

Quote Originally Posted by Tehtsuo View Post
    ..with mechanics you have to manage on top of very high constant tank AND aoe damage...
    This sums up many of the wod dungeons ive tried

Quote Originally Posted by fightcow View Post
    with my 5 paladin team I cannot beat him. i get him to about 1200hp everytime and then another 'undead horde' wave comes and ive got nothing left to survive it, or if i do im so low on hp that i cant recover and the constant barrage of incoming damage starts killing my team and once someone drops its game over really.
    Not to insult your intelligence, but, are you eating the wall or are you killing a skeleton and running everyone to the hole?

Edit: it IS a very hectic fight though!
    Whisperwind - US - Alliance
    5x Human Death Knights - all level 120
    1x Human Paladin for LFD: 120
    Bleeding Hollow - US - Horde - [On the Bench currently]

5x Orc Death Knights - 1 x 90 + 4 x 60s
    1x Blood Elf Paladin: Level 67 - Healer for 5 man LFD

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowharvester View Post
    Not to insult your intelligence, but, are you eating the wall or are you killing a skeleton and running everyone to the hole?

Edit: it IS a very hectic fight though!
    I didnt know a hole could be made at first until someone told me.
    I must admit when i found out it was a 'doh' moment...but the hole closes after each wave! (another doh)
    So ive decided its just not worth it as by the time ive killed a skele ive probably taken more damage from nezgul than the wall does me. so im back to popping a shield and running through which isnt too bad on its own but coupled with nezguls constant aoe it really taxes my healing as i only have holy prism(20s cd) for ae heals.
    i just cant kill him and i swear his health stops going down at 1mil lol.

Im not sure what else i can do now. I can get through the rest of the dungeon in 35mins and then nezgul hands me my ass. 15 wipes to him now
    Maybe leave it until i have better gear.
    How did you manage it? and with what team?

Quote Originally Posted by fightcow View Post
    I didnt know a hole could be made at first until someone told me.
    I must admit when i found out it was a 'doh' moment...but the hole closes after each wave! (another doh)
    So ive decided its just not worth it as by the time ive killed a skele ive probably taken more damage from nezgul than the wall does me. so im back to popping a shield and running through which isnt too bad on its own but coupled with nezguls constant aoe it really taxes my healing as i only have holy prism(20s cd) for ae heals.
    i just cant kill him and i swear his health stops going down at 1mil lol.

Im not sure what else i can do now. I can get through the rest of the dungeon in 35mins and then nezgul hands me my ass. 15 wipes to him now
    Maybe leave it until i have better gear.
    How did you manage it? and with what team?
    Ah gotcha, that makes sense.

I have not managed it yet. I'm scared. That fight is a royal pain in the ass even just tanking with 1 character!
    I'll let you know if I find something though.
    Whisperwind - US - Alliance
    5x Human Death Knights - all level 120
    1x Human Paladin for LFD: 120
    Bleeding Hollow - US - Horde - [On the Bench currently]

5x Orc Death Knights - 1 x 90 + 4 x 60s
    1x Blood Elf Paladin: Level 67 - Healer for 5 man LFD

my ilvl is almost 615 now on all chars so i went back to burial grounds and cleared it with no deaths.
    I didnt bother making a hole, just brute forced it and timed my cd's for max health and shielding when running through the wall. the extra dps from those 10 ilvls makes a big difference and i was able to down the boss after 2 walls.

I think these instances are very challenging at minimum ilvl, going in at i595 was a shock to the system after the levelling dungeons!
    But now at 610-615 ive found them all doable, but still a lot harder than MoP.

I haven't run any in a 5 box setting, just enjoying the game solo as my paladin. The fights are way fun compared to where they were before, but they look to be a MB nightmare. Remember when we all started to do this, one of the only ways to beat dungeons was by overgearing. That final boss in Spires is a mini-lich king fight.

They are all challenging to MB. but doable. all except everbloom; which i keep forgetting about, maybe i am blocking it out like a bad dream!
    Its as if the last boss YALNU was designed to defeat boxers
    Cant do that one and i cant even begin to imagine how to do it without hugely overgearing, which is pointless really.