Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Thinking of returning to boxing - some questions for htose of you doing it

* What classes have the most synergy? This used to be Shaman's with crazy Totems, but Totems seemed changed drastically since WotLK.
    * I used to do Heroics, where I would have various spread out macros, or move my Clones with the arrow keys, while click healing and pretty much mashing one key that tanked and DPS'd. Is this still how instances are done?
    * A lot of the hybrid classes seem to have their heals taken away, ie Elemental does not have chain heals anymore from what I can see. Are there any DPS classes tha can provide some 'oh shit!' group healing/self healing as Ele used to do with 4x Chain Heal?
    * So far I've leveled a BM Hunter solo to 100 and really really enjoy it. I was wondering if there was any validity in doing something like 5x BM Hunters or 5x Demo Warlock and still doing instances?
    * Has anyone done World PVP in Ashran as a Boxer yet? I know /follow got killed inBG's which is super sad but wondering who this experience is as a Boxer?

My experience in the past was Pally and 4x Shamans, but this was back in WotLK, early Cataclysm. I don't really like the Combo Point System that Pallies have now and Shaman just seems rather lackluster and unenjoyable.
    Last edited by Slats : 11-20-2014 at 11:25 PM

All my classes have great synergy. If course, I don't play rogues, warriors or shammies.

Yes, instances are pretty much the same as always with a little more or less movement and a little more or less heals.

Hybrid heals can't just be spammed 'til the cows come home and expect to save the group from a raid boss. I miss my all-pally heal-o-matic team.

I has 5x BM hunters. I have cleared several heroics at level as long as there wasn't a ton of unavoidable damage that requires a dedicated healer. They are hella fun and completely kicked Timeless Isle's ass. I love dem. Hunter pets tank pretty darn good, and with 2-second pet rez.../faint.

See that other thread about Ashran; I ain't starting another one here.

If you like it before, you'll probably like it now. Not that much has changed, except questing got easier (a LOT for group loot), rares got more juicy and loot started falling outta the sky from time to time. I'd say it's just about more fun at the moment than at any time since WotLK. That's saying a lot, from my perspective. Whether it'll stand the test of time once my 3 main groups are 100........we'll just have to see in a few months.

Good luck!
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Personally I find my 5x Ret team offers a decent amount of healing. Selfless Healer x5 is pretty much a Lay on Hands when used on a single target, Holy Prism heals the whole group for a lot, Word of Glory is almost always ready to be used, etcetc.

I did manage to down Ranjit in the Skyreach instance (normal) having just dinged to 100, so I would imagine getting some gear and throwing one of them as Prot would allow me to clear at least some of the dungeon content. And even then I would have the choise of making one Holy if need be.

/Follow does not work in Ashran either. However, as you probably know from numerous threads on these forums, we have ways around it using companion pets. You can do BGs and Ashran just fine with a little extra effort compared to before.

I would suggest going with your gut feeling and playing a class (or classes) you enjoy.

im in a similar situation on which to run, been pondering doing a Priest + 4 Hunters or 5 Paladins, jsut cant decide and i do not know why exactly.
    Meeo/Nibilus

Current team is Prot paly, resto sham..2xele sham and arcane mage. My ele shams are sucking arse atm.. my mage is doing 3x the dps..my prot paly is doing more dps than my ele shams! So i will probable switch out two ele shams for 2 more mages soon.

I am reading/hearing that Gladiator spec warriors are doing mad dps ( best dps by a good margin and begging for a nerf )...the only class i only have one of lol.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    my prot paly is doing more dps than my ele shams!
    Either they completely broke ele shams (which should be visible as thread spam on the other forums from pissed ele shams) or your rotation is fubar? I'd certainly hope they didn't break things that badly, though we all know another round of rebalancing is coming once people have been at 100 for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Either they completely broke ele shams (which should be visible as thread spam on the other forums from pissed ele shams) or your rotation is fubar? I'd certainly hope they didn't break things that badly, though we all know another round of rebalancing is coming once people have been at 100 for a while.
    I'm sure I'm doing things less than optimal, but that goes for my whole team. i am not worried about optimization until I hit 100, BUT!...my mage and prot paly doing so much more dps even though non of my toons are optimized yet is a bad sign. Also, ele shams are near the bottom of the dps lists ( simulated anyway )

Based on recent blue posts.. any class that is under-performing or over-performing should see balance passes. So i am hoping that will be the case sooner rather than later. I mean the goal is keeping all dps as close as possible right? we'll see I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I mean the goal is keeping all dps as close as possible right? we'll see I guess
    Well, DPS is like money in that the more you have the better it usually is, but as long as I survive the experience I figure DPS really didn't matter all that much as long as it was in the ballpark. I believe I read somewhere this week that tanks are doing silly damage at the moment, though I can't tell you if that was from a subjectively-consumer or reasonable-game-balance perspective.

WW monk is by far the best DPS in the game at the moment followed closely by hunters, ferals, glad stance warriors and boomkins. Spriests are good too but they would be extremely hard to multi-box.

Monk is the only class i know of that doesn't REALLY have procs that will screw up your "rotation" for the most part. If your dudes get out of sync just pop serenity use a single jab and go to town.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    WW monk is by far the best DPS in the game at the moment followed closely by hunters, ferals, glad stance warriors and boomkins. Spriests are good too but they would be extremely hard to multi-box.

Monk is the only class i know of that doesn't REALLY have procs that will screw up your "rotation" for the most part. If your dudes get out of sync just pop serenity use a single jab and go to town.

Gladiator spec warrior is above everything by 10%..but WW is close behind