Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 35

'twisting' has long been an rpg term used for maintaining several short duration buffs simultaneously; I first came accross it in DAoC with 'chant twisting' on my skald. I think the daoc paladin was the most well known twister funnily enough, but i stuck loyally to midgard so never tried it.
    In order to benefit simultaneously from all 3 buffs that empowered seals offers you have to swap between your seals at intervals dictated by judgements cooldown and duration of each buff. But swapping uses a gcd which eats into your dps and is another thing to think about while trying not to step in the masses of aoe that WoD seems to love throwing about
    just worked through shadowmoon burial grounds and it got too late so i didnt beat nerzul, but my god the aoe puddles are relentless
    That line of undead on nerzul is a nightmare! (i sure i saw a beta vid ages ago and there was a gap, damned if i could see one...)

(I use protection paladins so i dont use div storm.)
    Last edited by fightcow : 11-22-2014 at 08:27 PM

I'm sorry but what's "IWT"? meaning? thank you in advance.
    Last edited by MiRai : 11-23-2014 at 06:41 AM Reason: Formatting

Quote Originally Posted by RickenRocker24 View Post
    I'm sorry but what's "IWT"? meaning? thank you in advance.
    interact with target
    Last edited by MiRai : 11-23-2014 at 06:41 AM Reason: Formatting

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    interact with target
    Thanks

Last I read, seal twisting was barely worth it. It seems like one of those overly tedious things that Blizz is going to end up nerfing, unnerfing, revisiting and finally gutting because players feel it adds too much busy-work to the rotation. Reminds me a lot of shaman totems and stance-dancing back in the day. Then again, it's a talent, it's not a required mechanic of the class.

You have to assess things as a multiboxer, not as a solo player. Empowered Seals might be great if you can give it all the attention it needs, but that's not feasible when you're doing everything for a whole party. A lot of times I've skipped "required" or must-have talents because they are redundant {I didn't need 4/5 toons bringing Weakened Blows} or because I get a higher payoff on a less popular talent simply because I can't use the popular talent anywhere near its' potential. EmpSeals is not something I even considered for a second when I was looking at the talents because I need my GCDs. It's hard enough to make sure that through lag/latency, healing, moving, repositioning, spamming etc, etc, that my abilities are going to go off properly. Further complicating that with short-term buffs to micromanage is only going to end up costing me somewhere else.

Holy Shield, a passive that costs me nothing and gives me free Holy Power is my first choice for tanking. Gives me more SotR and in turn more BoG for more heals. For non-tanking Prots {??}, Seraphim because while it may take more work to set up initially, it'd be far more reliable after its set up and it shouldn't really cost me anything as it's off the GCD and requires 5 HP. For ret, hands down FV.

TL : DR - What's good for the goose isn't always required for the gander. Talents are meant to be easily swappable based on the situation - multiboxers just happen to have their situation dictated by the number of toons they are playing moreso than the mob mechanics or Min/max sims, generally.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 11-23-2014 at 10:57 AM
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I agree, not worth it for multiboxing. Though i sometimes get the HoT going on boss fights, helps a bit.

seraphim is good - 1000 bonus armor shoots my dps up hugely! If there wasnt so much movement required in WoD boss fights and i could reliably dps solidly while it was up, and reliably keep my holypower perfectly synched accross all 5 chars then yes it would be a great choice.
    But i find thats not the case and so im sticking with ES for now.

I will be experimenting more though, and of course some fights will lend themselves more toward seraphim im sure.

Quote Originally Posted by fightcow View Post

<snip>
    just worked through shadowmoon burial grounds and it got too late so i didnt beat nerzul, but my god the aoe puddles are relentless
    That line of undead on nerzul is a nightmare! (i sure i saw a beta vid ages ago and there was a gap, damned if i could see one...)
    You have to have the group focus on one of the skeletons. Once dead, it creates a safe gap.

The fight is pretty hectic, but, hope that helps!
    Whisperwind - US - Alliance
    5x Human Death Knights - all level 120
    1x Human Paladin for LFD: 120
    Bleeding Hollow - US - Horde - [On the Bench currently]

5x Orc Death Knights - 1 x 90 + 4 x 60s
    1x Blood Elf Paladin: Level 67 - Healer for 5 man LFD

THANK YOU mr sorrowharvester !

did not think of that.
    i reckon that will make the difference!

ah damn if only id figured that out, all those deaths, all those repairs!

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowharvester View Post
    You have to have the group focus on one of the skeletons. Once dead, it creates a safe gap.

The fight is pretty hectic, but, hope that helps!
    It's a rip off of the echo of sylvanas fight in Cata.

Paladins are silly sauce op right now. My 616 prot paladin does the following dps on the two garrison target dummies with a green 598 weapon.
    11.4-11.8k with all three seals active for switching. I found no DPS loss by avoiding the heal seal because you just end up refreshing the other two much earlier than they need be. With no seal twisting Insight was around 9.5k and Truth was barely breaking 9k. I also had over 1k hps on the healer target dummy. Not sure what the actual hps is with all the overhealing.

I honestly don't know in a raid tank situation if giving up the 15% block and shield thorns for empowered seals is worth it. Also while watching the rotation, it may just be lag, but I get the impression that casting a seal doesn't follow or have the same global cooldown timer as other spells. Kinda like shaman's lava burst procs. They seem to fire off much faster than the 1.5s GCD. May just be a product of having 20% or more haste all the time?

If you can handle a melee team, I don't think you can do any better than 5x paladins right now. It's like the Lich King days on crack. They are just one button killing and healing machines.

Ret spec I was at 10k dps with dual seal switching. Prot just has so many extra skills to use for fillers than ret does.