Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Rate My VG fittings set

I'm looking for some feedback on my 10/11 box setup for vg incursions before I start training for the more specific skills. Let me know what you think. 1x Vindi/9x Domi's/1x standard shield booster.

Vindi 2.pngDomi 1.png

The Domi's use a mix of Projected effects on the Vindi. In this snapshot I've got 1 ECCM, 4 Sensor Boosters (all with sensor str script), and 4 tracking computers (1 with tracking script, 3 with optimal range script).

DPS Stats:
    Vindi: Fed Navy Anti-matter 998 DPS 51k+58k w/.02258 tracking
    Curator II x5 466 DPS 52k+12k w/.0276 tracking
    Domi: Garde II x5 819 DPS 52k+28k w/.05445 tracking
    Total DPS: 8835

With 8 domi's repping the 9th comes out to be around 10% more reps than a pair of 4/2 guardians can push.

Pro's:
    High Combine dps for a 10/11 man group
    Great Scan Res (3.5 sec lock on frigs)
    Nice Range
    Maximized slot layouts with webs and remote boosts
    Easy use for a multiboxer

Cons:
    Expense Deadspace items and Implants
    Not crazy high tracking even after switching scripts
    Big Signature radius on Domi's
    Immobile
    Short rep range (don't get bumped)

I don't do incursions... but those fits look so wrong on so many levels...

5 drone damage amps is way too many. stacking penalties make the fourth have very little effect and fifth almost no effect. I would swap out at least 1 for a omnidirectional.

Why are you using small remote shield boosters on the domis? You're going to have issues even when running large, let alone smalls. and with a range of 5.5k, youre going to have trouble making sure youre always in range. especially at warp in when you tend to be scattered a bit.

I recommend talking to someone who actually does vanguards and double checking what youre going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Crayonbox View Post
    5 drone damage amps is way too many. stacking penalties make the fourth have very little effect and fifth almost no effect. I would swap out at least 1 for a omnidirectional.

Why are you using small remote shield boosters on the domis? You're going to have issues even when running large, let alone smalls. and with a range of 5.5k, youre going to have trouble making sure youre always in range. especially at warp in when you tend to be scattered a bit.
    I may mess with the number of damage mods, I would mind being able to run NCO's too. But right now I'm keyed in at the right range for OTA's and NMC. For both I won't need a lot of tracking to pop incoming frigs. And the webs should take care of the few that do make it in to close. Though I do understand I'm losing a lot to diminishing returns.

The warp in bubble in vg's is 5k diameter. All ships should be in range of each other.

2x small a-type reps have the same output amount as 1 large t2, but at half the cap. This fits into the build well because of the lack of cap and excess of high slots.

I've been testing some of the range, warp-ins, and repping needed on my current Napoc/guardian setup.

I highly suggest looking over the two threads I started in regards to WH setups and the other thread for incursions as they intertwine with incursion setups and know how. They should provide enough information with what your trying to achieve with tons of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Crionic View Post
    I may mess with the number of damage mods, I would mind being able to run NCO's too. But right now I'm keyed in at the right range for OTA's and NMC. For both I won't need a lot of tracking to pop incoming frigs. And the webs should take care of the few that do make it in to close. Though I do understand I'm losing a lot to diminishing returns.

The warp in bubble in vg's is 5k diameter. All ships should be in range of each other.

2x small a-type reps have the same output amount as 1 large t2, but at half the cap. This fits into the build well because of the lack of cap and excess of high slots.

I've been testing some of the range, warp-ins, and repping needed on my current Napoc/guardian setup.
    The problem with your fitting orientation is not the reps, it is the fact that that fleet will not be effective in hisec incursions due to having a low amount of instant damage/ alpha for contesting purposes, and a large amount of moving pieces in the rep chain. I multibox incursions myself and my nightmare/ vindy fleet would be able to gun everything down before you could get lock (assuming 0 influence im 2 gunning everything and the wave dies in nmcs before it gets within 50km except the last spawn). You might get me on ncos due to transversal but I dont think so with the webs from my vindies.

Your current napoc settup works because of the guns, and the isolated rep duty. Even should you be doing incursions in lowsec or null, you still run into the problem of sinking a lot of isk into a comp that isnt as good as it could be. However this fleet would be a good pvp fleet, should you get your isboxer setups sufficiently idiot proof.

sentries are bad

you problem is controlling the volleys, you will either have to manually control each set of sentries by having each client with a different attack hotkey, which sounds fine in theory, but in practice sucks. or have all sentries follow a drone bunny, which will result in an obscene alpha when 1/100th of the damage was all that was necessary, or they will miss 100% of the volley unless the target is under webs. any other battleship setup will beat you 9/10 times, simply by splitting guns. the moment you go up against a battleship setup with two sets of guns, there's zero chance you can win, they will be killing twice as much as you do.

if you don't have ANY gunnery skills, and everything on drones, then consider prophecies. way tankier than a dominix on incursions due to the low signature and stupid resists, and changing the "attack" hotkey on some of the clients will allow you to control 3 - 4 swarms of Valks. with dual nav comps + optimal olink and a single lowslot omnilink they will fly around like lights, and fire as lights. plus the drone variants are not that expensive. you will have tha same problems you have with domixes on contests, but thanks to your cheap cost, fast warp and align you will make up the difference by running more sites. and having a lower self insurance cost. also, lowsec incursions (if you can stand the rus chatter and the goons being unbearable as usual.)

another way of making that work, would be to use Ndomis with blasters... but the gameplay is REALLY busy. between controlling guns, drone swarms, and logis you will lose you mind.

i did something similar using EOS (EOSes? EOSii?) in lowsec, the completition time was crazy good and goons avoided me like the plague, but after an hour it gets nerve wrecking... and consider that i have perfect gunnery and drone skills, and IMHO that EOS comp is pretty much the best of the best you can possibly get when it comes down to drones. in the end, nothing like cycling guns on fast approaching frigates using any gunship. its monotonous, but relaxing.

i've found that the golden rule for VGs is 1.0 tracking. the closer you can get to that number, the better. because it increases your blap time before you need to rely on webs. if you are using ships with less than 1.0 tracking, they better be killing 80% of the wave before it gets under the guns. otherwise you will always lose contests.

with sentries not only you are FAR away from the 1.0 tracking, but you also have a good 15 - 30 seconds of set up time before you can even begin firing. (cap chain, sensor chain, drone agro wait, etc) to give you an idea, in 30 seconds i already cleared all the frigates and the Augas from the first wave on an OTA and im about to hit structure on the battleship, while my logis are already on the can hacking it.

things get even more complicated due to drone aggro, gunships can avoid it completely, by killing one or two ships before dropping drones. by that point the sansha fixate and they never target drones again. in your case you have to draw agro with the vindi, wait till the sansha make out their mind on a target(redbox), and only then drop drones. otherwise you will lose 4 - 5 drones per site.

That's the kind of feed back I was looking for. Here I was under the notion that drones worked the same way as guns, automatically volleying with only the appropriate number of gun groups necessary to destroy a target. That's really big wrench in my gears. And somewhat the drone agro issue.

Thankfully I'm only two weeks into training for drone boats.

While we're on the subject of drone mechanics. Does anyone know if repair drones function with assist?

Quote Originally Posted by Crionic View Post
    That's the kind of feed back I was looking for. Here I was under the notion that drones worked the same way as guns, automatically volleying with only the appropriate number of gun groups necessary to destroy a target. That's really big wrench in my gears. And somewhat the drone agro issue.

Thankfully I'm only two weeks into training for drone boats.

While we're on the subject of drone mechanics. Does anyone know if repair drones function with assist?
    They do not assist rep. Unfortunately drone control is very powerful and very broken due to relic code from 06