Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Level 1-15 in 45 minutes with RAF

Hey All! Its been about 2 years since I posted, took a break from WoW but I'm back for WoD!
    I decided to re-roll with a fresh set of 5 accounts and level up a bunch of toons. Just wanted to share my experiences

RAF Setup

We are all familiar with the typical 5 Account RAF cascade

A--> B --> C --> D --> E

What I did not realize, is that with 5 fresh accounts you can form a RAF circle!

A--> B --> C --> D --> E --> A

This means all 5 accounts get the rewards, level grants, and free game time!

Leveling 1-15 the slow boring way

For me, the most boring part is leveling Level 15. At Level 15, you can start queuing for dungeons, so getting there faster became a priority for me.

I tried all the races and it took me about 3-4 hours to reach Level 15 on a new team. Not great. I really wanted a bunch of teams maxed out to take advantage of RAF, so I wanted a quick method.

Leveling 1-15 the quick way

For this method, I recommend having a Warlock that can summon and a Mage that can port to Dalaran.
    You'll also need at least one Level 90+ toon that you'll use for the boost

1. Create 4 fresh toons,
    2. Relog onto Warlock, Mage, and another toon that can fly in Northrend
    3. Fly to Wrymrest Temple in Dragonblight outside of the Ruby Sanctum and use Lock, Mage, and other toon to summon the Level 1s
    4. Once all 4 Level 1s are summoned form a party of 5 and set the mode to 25-man
      1. You do not need to convert to a raid

5. Enter Ruby Sanctum with the Level 90+ first , then enter with the Level 1s. Park them at the front of the portal inside.
    6. Clear all trash with the booster. Exist and reset instance and do it again and again

Using this method, I can boost 1-15 in about 45 minutes or less. You get about 2.5k XP per clear. About 5 clears gets you to 15.

Anyone have a faster method?

Leveling 15-90

Once my new team is at 15, I spam random dungeons. With heirlooms, RAF, and Battle standards the first dungeon dings me from 15 - 21.
    The next 21 ~28. I hit 60 in about an 2 hours

In total, it takes a brand new team about 20 hours to hit Level 90 and start farming MoP heroics. I haven't tried 90-100 yet since I have yet to buy WoD on these new accounts.

That is good to know. It appears the 1-90 time today is about the same as 1-85 was last time.

I was boosting through dungeons with an average of 22 hours or so to hit 85 (cant remember exact number but its about that).

So i have 2 accounts linked to my main account and 2 accounts linked to those 2 accounts. Now if i happen to get a subscription on the accounts that are not linked to my main would i get 2 month of sub on my main or no? sorry if its worded a little weird i tried to make it fit right.

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    What I did not realize, is that with 5 fresh accounts you can form a RAF circle!

A--> B --> C --> D --> E --> A

This means all 5 accounts get the rewards, level grants, and free game time!

Leveling 1-15 the slow boring way
    Hi,
    How to you do that RAF circle, linking the latest account back to the 1st ?

Thanks !
    6 Boxing Everquest 1 - War/Cleric/Bard/Mage/Wizard/Echanter (or Shaman)
    5 Boxing WoW - Pal/Priest/Mage/Lock/Shaman

I tried your 1-15 method today but I couldn't get it to work. Now only having 5 accounts I had to use them for my boosters as well, so I got my level 1s all ported out to the temple. Then I booted one and pulled in my very well geared solo DK into the group and went in first with him. They lvl 1s tried to zone in soon after but they won't pass through the raid portal. I tried breaking and reforming the group using the DK as the person who created the group. I tried creating the group after the DK zoned in (and before he did). Nothing seems to let those lvl 1's get into the Ruby Sanctum. Is this something that maybe got hotfixed?

I was pretty sure you can't actually zone into any instance prior to level 10, raid or not.

The only thing I can think of is the team is one one side of a connected server (Skywall) and my main, the solo-DK is on the other side (Drak'Thul). Don't see why that should matter though, as it's a connected server not CRZ or something.

Only thing I didn't try was direct summoning them into the raid zone. I guess I'll try that next. Just wondering when the last time you tested this method?

--gid

I did this just a week ago, but perhaps they hot fixed it since then. My toons were all on the same server and entered in as a party with the booster being the first one in.

I'll give it another test to see if it still works and report back.

I did this just a week ago, but perhaps they hot fixed it since then. My toons were all on the same server and entered in as a party with the booster being the first one in.

I'll give it another test to see if it still works and report back.
    I would like to see what happens. I've tried this before on older content and it always kicks me out and says you aren't the correct level.
    Honestly, if I want to drag my level 1s into ICC, I don't know why they care.
    Whisperwind - US - Alliance
    5x Human Death Knights - all level 120
    1x Human Paladin for LFD: 120
    Bleeding Hollow - US - Horde - [On the Bench currently]

5x Orc Death Knights - 1 x 90 + 4 x 60s
    1x Blood Elf Paladin: Level 67 - Healer for 5 man LFD

I tried all the races and it took me about 3-4 hours to reach Level 15 on a new team. Not great. I really wanted a bunch of teams maxed out to take advantage of RAF, so I wanted a quick method.
    I didn't think this was entirely accurate when I first read it, and I didn't want to say anything until I had some proof to back me up, but just this morning while casually questing through Elwynn and part of Westfall (including collection quests), it took me just over an hour (with no heirlooms) to hit level 15 (in-game stopwatch is in the upper left corner).

http://i5.minus.com/iu2pwVqACraVo.jpg

I'll add that I'm incredibly familiar with the quest lines and where everything is, so I'd probably add another 30 minutes on top of that time to account for map checking, heading in the wrong direction, picking up the one or two "bad" multiboxing quests in either zone, or any other minor mistakes that would add to the overall time. I'm also going to try a slightly alternate route through Elwynn as well to see if I can knock a few minutes off, but any Alliance race (minus Worgen and pre-faction Pandaren) can go through Elwynn Forest just as any Human can -- The only difference is that you won't get to do the class-specific quest near the beginning which is the third quest offered (the quest giver just skips over it which I always found odd).

Also, for those of you who would have noticed... Yes, the slave stopwatch timers are ~2.5 minutes ahead of the main because I took a quick break, but forgot to stop the timers on the other screens.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

How do you manage to close the loop and do that last E->A connection?

Mirai,

That is a really good time. I recently multi-boxed 5x undead priests and it took me 4 hours to do. Maybe I'm slow, but it was painful.

Maybe the human /alliance side has a better starter zone? Haven't done Alliance side in years

Kafa-crna,

They have to be 5 brand new accounts. If the account is still new within 30 days it can still be recruited. So you can form a RAF circle.