Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Cool <The Duck Pond> Cross Realm 8-Box Shamans Leveled to Lv 100

fifjGUN.jpg

Just finished leveling an eight-box of shamans to Level 100 in a cross-realm multibox raidgroup. Composed of four elemental shamans from each of us-quel'dorei and us-sistersofelune formed in a raid group. I took advantage of the changes in in-raid quest pickup, completion and turn-in to level eight elemental shamans while also keeping a cross-realm raid to let guildies level fast on a dead pve server (my main is on us-kil'jaeden, i raid as rsham in<Huge in Japan> US16 last tier) an active pvp and notoriously grievous server). Only a few in-raid quest related bugs but for the most part, very smooth. Took about 36 hours total all recorded and possibly going on youtube in a super-sped-up two-hour version. There were a few very bad collection quests where each character had to collect each item individually (items that are neither shared nor persistent). Got to see all the different variations of collection- and click-this type quests. And anything solo-instanced like garrisons and some instanced quests are painfully slow. Many moments when I wanted to slit my wrists. But this exercise had a dual purpose - the raid group in fact was a 40-box, with my 8 shamans plus another 16 level 90s from a dead realm to be able to carry a large group of guildies who needed to speed-level on the dead realm. Now onto the next group of alts for in-raid quest leveling.

I'll be streaming another set of eight this weekend for those interested.
    twitch.tv/alisonduck

Notes for in-raid quest completion/turn-in including special instructions for certain specific quests will be posted on my blogsite.

Edit: 17-Nov-2014 Just finished leveling my second eightbox. It took under 24 hours during this speed session. A cross-realm group across five servers, with six shamans and two disc priests.

C9sdNPB.jpg
    Last edited by multiboxduck : 11-17-2014 at 02:17 PM

nice ashran pic

Can you tell me if its just your realm or is it CRZ with others?

Very cool. The questing-while-in-raid thing on WoD is a godsend for those of us that 10+ box, but this is a nice way for others to get in on the fun. My biggest concern with doing it with others would be how to coordinate all the schedules and staying together the whole time.

Did the group of 40 stay on the same quests all the way through or were they dispersed across lots of zones and basically just provided a way for others to level on a low pop PvE server?
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

KJ queue times is stopping me from even playing. Personally have 52 toons there, 36 on zul'jin and 36 on area 52.

Raid questing is cool. I've been so sleepy though that its not even funny. Considering upping my accounts to make farming a bit easier for some things.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

These eight were all crzed to the dead realm, (four from deadrealm1, four from deadrealm 2, 16 90s dced from deadrealm1, and the rest from Kil'Jaeden. I did not level any of my KJ characters yet. (deadrealm1 = SoE, deadrealm2 = Quel'dorei)

Yeah these KJ queues are insane, almost as bad as illidan's, ill have to level these during weeknight offhours or something.

The people in the raid were all over the map. Since my eightbox is slowed down by collection quests, some shot ahead of me and finished early, others joined the raid late and were at earlier zones. For the most part, I was surprised at how there were so few bugs associated with in-raid questing.

Most of the click-this quest items were persistent so that you can use a broadcast screen-click on an item in the environment that each character is able to collect (no worrying too much about campers and collection ninjas).

The "click-this-to-destroy" type quests were even easier. Just one from each party had to click for the rest in the party to advance.

The two quests with in-raid problems were (so far, hopefully blizzard fixed them.)

Frostfire Ridge, The quest/scenario between Frostfire Ridge and Gorgrond, the queue algo was buggy when starting the event while in raid (bug report submitted)
    Spires of Arakk, The quest where you have to fly around and shoot 80 adherents. That must be completed out of raid. (bug report submitted)

For the five-man instanced quests, it is easiest when you have each party enter five at a time (when I sent eight, a random five were instanced while three were sent off to a graveyard, so they had to run back, and queue separately, often having to drop quest and re-queue because the quest guy disappears. I will try to put together a list of these quests to help save time for everyone.

I'll be streaming another set of eight this weekend for those interested.
    twitch.tv/alisonduck
    Last edited by multiboxduck : 11-15-2014 at 08:39 PM