Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 25

apparently theres a future expansion that super buffs mage pets. this buff was kept in.
    this is the reason for the mage pet zergs.
    Either way, I've been ignoring the progression and just playing for nostalgia sake. its been fun regardless and i continue to keep playing.

the true 1999 experience is in the p99 server, but they have a strict anti multiboxing rule and so thats whats turned me away from it. that and its low base population. due to the low populatin, its really difficult to really find gruops and thus boxing would be a great fit, but meh.

I started on Ragefire with a mixed team SK/Clr/Shm/Wiz/Mage/Brd. I shelved this group becuase it wasnt that fun, and made a Druid/Enc/4xMage team. This group reminds me of WoW Pally w/ 4xShamans, except our totems (Water Pet) actually destroys everything. Only thing i really lack is a bard, which isnt that bad, ill use my druid to pl a tank/bard/1 x other class somewhere after kunark starts.
    Meeo/Nibilus

With 21 expansions to date, I find it a little strange that they have a two month timer AFTER progression bosses are killed before a new expansion is opened. Daybreak got a tremendous reception with Ragefire, but I think it is absolutely silly to expect people to hang around or even come back when Kunark is unlocked. And eight months for Velious after that.

It should be 2 to 4 weeks tops. They are delusional if they think they can get several years out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_Jones View Post
    With 21 expansions to date, I find it a little strange that they have a two month timer AFTER progression bosses are killed before a new expansion is opened. Daybreak got a tremendous reception with Ragefire, but I think it is absolutely silly to expect people to hang around or even come back when Kunark is unlocked. And eight months for Velious after that.

It should be 2 to 4 weeks tops. They are delusional if they think they can get several years out of this.
    My guess is that its the people that would be playing EQ anyway.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

I don't know... They already have progression servers that failed. This one is premium only so you have to pay the access fee to play on it. A TON of people subbed up to play, not playing eq anyway people. These are the people that will un-sub because there isn't anything to accomplish. Fewer will resub for Kunark and none will a year later for Velious.

They fired this up for the nostalgia and nailed a home run, but no one is going to nostalgia $15 a month for two or three years to unlock that progression list. In today's gaming and entertainment environment, spending several months and years to unlock content isn't going to work. When it originally launched, people spent months exploring and consuming the content. You can't do that again. The content has already been consumed, documented and analysed. Playing through the content is nostalgic. Waiting real life months and months for an expansion, because that's how long it took in 1999 for it to come out is not.

That's like going back and watching the star wars movies. You watch them in a day, few days, once a week and are done. You don't watch the first, wait three years to watch the second and three more years for the third because that's what you did in the 70's and 80's.

They had something golden here and are turning it into lead.

Yea, i'm hoping they realize that the 6month time is way too long and they cut it down. once kunark comes out , maybe 4 months of content tops. but because people have done this already, asseen on ragefire, content gets cleared in a week.
    hopefully they realize thisand up thetime table a bit, but not too much. im enjoying the pace although its a bit faster than i remember.
    \
    either way, just going to enjoy it while it alsts

I'm fine with 6 months. As you speak about Nostalgia, understanding that this "classic" content is 15 years old, I don't have as much time as I did 15 years ago. My life's and my attention span has changed a lot in 15 years and the current progression seems fine to me. I actually enjoyed the leveling experience more than the endgame, due to having to meet raid times and the politics. Just like every decision ever made, it suits some and not others. Also, I resubbed to play (a few accounts) and its the first Sony sub I've had in years.
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

Quote Originally Posted by Lokked View Post
    I'm fine with 6 months. As you speak about Nostalgia, understanding that this "classic" content is 15 years old, I don't have as much time as I did 15 years ago. My life's and my attention span has changed a lot in 15 years and the current progression seems fine to me. I actually enjoyed the leveling experience more than the endgame, due to having to meet raid times and the politics. Just like every decision ever made, it suits some and not others. Also, I resubbed to play (a few accounts) and its the first Sony sub I've had in years.

Totally agree withy ou on the time required, but they did make quality of life much easier for the players because a lot of the hanges they made on the live servers carry over to these "progression" servers. i was surprised by how easily i leveled. when i first went in, i expected to take even longer than my original time to get to level cap. isntead i blazed through it over a weekend.
    still 6 months does seem like a long time, but we'll see.

Hey Crayonbox, I missed the replies to this thread a month ago >< I stopped EQ shortly before having my latest kiddo. In the past month or so slowly getting back into gaming as night time is now actual relaxation time.

The progression server is super tempting. I've been watching some of the streams and thinking about what class combo I would make. Seeing groups in PoHate and it actually being the top end content was the ultimate experience for me. With limited time though, 6x subs not sure if I'd be reaping the total value out of it.

Oh do I miss the days of no responsibility and gaming 14 hours... it sounds terrible but it was enjoyable
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

As a follow up, I ended up making the plunge and doing the progression server and it is amazing.
    Currently lvl 24, and many multiboxers are capped at 50, it's great seeing dungeons busy, trade going crazy, drama on contested spawns. It's as close to the original as you can get.
    I wish I had more playing time, as I know this moment is fleeting - but appreciate it.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz