Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Just started multiboxing

Hey.

I've just started multiboxing. Can't find a better way to say it so... So, anyway, I just started multiboxing without any earlier experience of multiboxing (except being killed by one). I remember one AV game with 10 or so balance druids, I remember seeing a few dk multiboxers too, not to mention a warlock and a shaman multiboxer. I've always wanted to try.... Although now I've been pulled to reality and I've come to notice that it's not as easy as one would think it is.

Well, anyway, I got my hotkeynet set up (finally) and I've played a little bit already. I first had 3 accounts, but raised the amount to 4 (since 3 felt like it wasn't much and 4 feels like it still isn't much but still feels a little overwhelming). The only thing to say is that it feels nice seeing mobs dying around me, seeing 4 curses on mobs, killing rares fast, etc. But how should I put this... After a hard work day it feels like I'm continuing the work. At some point I may notice that there are either quest(s) or quest item(s) missing from one character and that he's being left behind on exp. I'm trying to avoid accepting and returning the quests on each client by first doing it on my main and then on one 'slave' with mouse clicks being broadcast to all other toons. Btw, I'm using Jamba too but it won't show the quest list on any other character but on my main acc's high level char and it's really annoying. Also, the item bar won't seem to work on the slaves, tried using it to make them all wear new equipment and use hearthstone but without results.

Now, to get to the actual point. 4 characters may be a little bit too much to me. I can't even afford to buy WoDs to all of them (not to mention that there's some latency and lag issues, both internet and hardware lag) and since I want to bring some company to WoD I've been thinking of just using 2 slaves with my main. I've been trying to think whether I should do all melee or include a healer or a ranged class. I can't grasp the idea of having a healer at the same time to play with. I just don't have any idea how I should manage him while having two dps (or 1 tank 1 dps role). Having more than one role to play with seems a little abstract at the moment. I'd love to try more classes but it takes such a hell of a job to set them up. Well, I might be exaggerating a little bit but still... Also the thought about them being 'on lower rank' (I mean they don't have 10k achi points or mounts or anything else since they're brand new accounts). I take pride in having over 10k achi points on my main account, and having lots of different & cool mounts, exotic pets on hunter, etc. Knowing that these brand new accs are bland new makes me feel a little off. Not to mention, the idea of playing with same class, receiving the loot that everyone I'm playing at the same time would need doesn't feel much of joyful.

I feel like I'm in a little hurry since WoD is already on the door (it launches on next week!). I know it takes a lot longer to master this if ever, but I'd like to hear some advice regarding these matters I discussed. Please.

Yours,
    Preshn

Quote Originally Posted by preshn View Post
    After a hard work day it feels like I'm continuing the work. At some point I may notice that there are either quest(s) or quest item(s) missing from one character and that he's being left behind on exp.
    Jamba should be able to display every character's XP in the Team Display. Jamba > Team > Display: Team > Experience Bar. The Quest Watcher should display who has what quest and how far everyone has progressed. Jamba > Quest > Quest : Watcher

I'm trying to avoid accepting and returning the quests on each client by first doing it on my main and then on one 'slave' with mouse clicks being broadcast to all other toons.
    Jamba should also deal with quest accepting and turning in, including automatically "duplicating" the mouse clicks through the dialogue. JAmba > Quest > Quest and Jamba > Quest > Quest: Completion

Btw, I'm using Jamba too but it won't show the quest list on any other character but on my main acc's high level char and it's really annoying.
    The Jamba Quest Watcher might be set to only show on the master. Jamba > Quest > Quest : Watcher. If it's only showing on one toon, ever {IE only the high level} then you haven't set your teams up properly. The master is the toon you are actively controlling not just one character unless you're only ever going to lead with that single character. Every time you set up a new team, you need to pick a master and identify them in the Jamba Team setup.

Also, the item bar won't seem to work on the slaves, tried using it to make them all wear new equipment and use hearthstone but without results.
    The Jamba Item Bar is not click-to-use. You need to go into the game's keybindings on every toon and assign keybindings for each slot in the bar that you want to use and then trigger those slots with the keybinds.

All of your Jamba issues indicate that you didn't set up your teams properly or push your settings or that you do not have Jamba installed and enabled for everyone. You should probably go through the setup in the Jamba - Getting Started thread again to be sure your teams are set up and communicating properly.

Now, to get to the actual point. 4 characters may be a little bit too much to me. I can't even afford to buy WoDs to all of them (not to mention that there's some latency and lag issues, both internet and hardware lag) and since I want to bring some company to WoD I've been thinking of just using 2 slaves with my main.
    Nothing wrong with that, there's plenty of people that don't run a full group. It's easier to do PvP and raid that way because you are less obvious.

I've been trying to think whether I should do all melee or include a healer or a ranged class. I can't grasp the idea of having a healer at the same time to play with. I just don't have any idea how I should manage him while having two dps (or 1 tank 1 dps role). Having more than one role to play with seems a little abstract at the moment.
    If the concept of multiclassing is too much, then I wouldn't suggest mixing roles or getting into melee. They are only more work.

I'd love to try more classes but it takes such a hell of a job to set them up. Well, I might be exaggerating a little bit but still...
    It gets easier once you learn what you can copy from previous setups, such as copying your profiles across teams for your addons. Setup is one of the prices we pay for being effective.

Also the thought about them being 'on lower rank' (I mean they don't have 10k achi points or mounts or anything else since they're brand new accounts). I take pride in having over 10k achi points on my main account, and having lots of different & cool mounts, exotic pets on hunter, etc. Knowing that these brand new accs are bland new makes me feel a little off. Not to mention, the idea of playing with same class, receiving the loot that everyone I'm playing at the same time would need doesn't feel much of joyful.
    Achieves, mounts and pets are shared across Battlenet accounts. If you set your slaves up using RAF and put them under the same BNet, all of your toons should have access to the same things. I don't really understand what you're trying to say about loot.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    The Jamba Item Bar is not click-to-use. You need to go into the game's keybindings on every toon and assign keybindings for each slot in the bar that you want to use and then trigger those slots with the keybinds.
    Ummm... Unless I'm mixing this up with something else, I would submit that it indeed is click-to-use. I use it for Hearthstones, flasks, food, crystals of insanity, etc on all characters. Drag item to bar on focused window, it refreshes on others, right click to use.

First of all I want to thank you for taking time to answer my questions. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    Achieves, mounts and pets are shared across Battlenet accounts. If you set your slaves up using RAF and put them under the same BNet, all of your toons should have access to the same things. I don't really understand what you're trying to say about loot.
    I didn't know that by merging multiple accounts to one makes it possible to use mounts, etc. "account-bound" stuff on other account. I'll try that right away. About the loot, I mean that when running a group full of characters of same class since all of them would need the piece that drops and only one may get through the rolling. But now that I think about it, Blizzard did include a "personal loot" option under the 'loot rules'. I just don't know whether that works or not and in what situations.

Edit: Oh, I did try merging WoW accounts but it seems that it can't be done; I checked it via google and saw that I could contact the Blizz's "Billing" in order to move the accounts under one. It seems like it'd go the hard way so perhaps I'll keep them as separate accounts... I don't think they would like the reason why I'd like them all under one account: "... so that it would feel better to multibox" lol, that one made me laugh.

But regarding multiboxing, I will most probably upgrade 2 accounts to WoD and get instant 90 lvl. I'd like to ask if there was an easy class to run with my main warrior? I'd like to have a healing companion with me for the journey through the Outlands but I can't make up my mind on what class it should be. Also, could you tell give some advice regarding the set up of a healer character to play in a group that consists of damage dealers? I can't seem to grasp the concept on how I should do that. Perhaps to cast or castsequence @party1target and @party2target and party3target? But it'd still be healing all the time, running out of the mana due to the excess healing.
    Last edited by preshn : 11-04-2014 at 03:33 PM

Oh, I did try merging WoW accounts but it seems that it can't be done; I checked it via google and saw that I could contact the Blizz's "Billing" in order to move the accounts under one.
    If you used your real name on all accounts its very quick and easy. Just call them, took them all of 2 minutes to merge mine.

Edit: Oh, I did try merging WoW accounts but it seems that it can't be done; I checked it via google and saw that I could contact the Blizz's "Billing" in order to move the accounts under one. It seems like it'd go the hard way so perhaps I'll keep them as separate accounts... I don't think they would like the reason why I'd like them all under one account: "... so that it would feel better to multibox" lol, that one made me laugh.
    You don't have to give them any reason if you don't want to, but they don't care that you're multiboxing because it's allowed. I also second what JohnGabriel said with that it's incredibly easy to move WoW accounts in and out of BNet accounts, and I've done this for probably 20 accounts at this point in time because I'm a re-RaF whore. The last time (< 4 weeks ago) they wanted a picture of a government issued ID, so I took a picture of me holding it in the bathroom mirror and it was a done deal -- I even did it over the live chat feature.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Well then, I must be in touch with them. I don't think I can afford calling them (it's expensive anyway to call abroad, not to mention with my phone service provider) but if I remember correctly they had some kind of feature to live-chat via computer.

I know I must sound really really annoying and thoughtless and who-knows-what but I'd like to bring the question up regarding having the healer toon in group and setting it up since I don't have any kind of idea on how I should proceed with it. With time I'm sure I can make it more efficient but at the moment I don't have any ideas on how to set it up. The healing spells can't be on /assist unless assisting another healer. I've never been good in micromanaging or multitasking. Doing everything at the same time fast enough isn't my strongest strait.

Edit: Also, is it normal that when I'm controlling my main I see the slaves doing everything a bit later, such as jumping, etc.? Also, it seems like they are following me awfully far away. It may be due to the latency, but all the multiboxers I've seen are always running/standing inside of each other, except when cc'ing, etc.

Yours,
    Preshn
    Last edited by preshn : 11-04-2014 at 04:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    Ummm... Unless I'm mixing this up with something else, I would submit that it indeed is click-to-use. I use it for Hearthstones, flasks, food, crystals of insanity, etc on all characters. Drag item to bar on focused window, it refreshes on others, right click to use.
    Nope, if your's is doing that, you have a clickbar or something set up. Mine does, but only because I configured my HotKeyNet to have a mouseover region that sends assist + the Jamba keybind on keypress, in my case, the assist key "[" . I just double-checked and if I click an item in my Item Bar, only my master uses it. My slaves won't use said item unless I send the [ key while over the mouseover region {which sends Assist + Ctrl Numpad1} or I press Ctrl Numpad1 manually.

All the Jamba item bar does is add the item that the master puts in to the same slot on the slaves.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/27095-Jamba-Item
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3...l=1#post286602

Or you're using a macro, but that still requires keybinds to be broadcast -

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...l=1#post373755

I know I must sound really really annoying and thoughtless and who-knows-what but I'd like to bring the question up regarding having the healer toon in group and setting it up since I don't have any kind of idea on how I should proceed with it. With time I'm sure I can make it more efficient but at the moment I don't have any ideas on how to set it up. The healing spells can't be on /assist unless assisting another healer. I've never been good in micromanaging or multitasking. Doing everything at the same time fast enough isn't my strongest strait.
    I cover healing in the Second Newbie's Guide - http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...l=1#post354394

Edit: Also, is it normal that when I'm controlling my main I see the slaves doing everything a bit later, such as jumping, etc.? Also, it seems like they are following me awfully far away. It may be due to the latency, but all the multiboxers I've seen are always running/standing inside of each other, except when cc'ing, etc.
    It's latency. And while slaves are running, they are on follow, and follow has a set distance. How it appears to you, however, is going to be heavily influenced by your latency and hardware. While you're looking at a multiboxer, you're just watching - everything is coming to you at the same rate. But while you're multiboxing, your system now has to process all those other windows and all those other actions. Even watching your team from a slave window can show things differently than you see in your master's.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 11-04-2014 at 04:57 PM
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Thanks again. I did read your guides earlier but I think I somehow missed the healing part. Cheers