Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Assist in my macros behaving weirdly (PRO)

So, I run a very basic PRO setup for 2 boxing a Ret Pal+BM Hunter - Most of the time it works ok, but sometimes the assists take a lot of time.

This is how both DPS keybinds look like:

Ie I do the standard assist, followed by a keybind wow helper macro that does a castsequence.

But with this I do quite often get blinky targeting on the main (jumping between last target - corpse - and the one I had targeted).

How do you sort assits?

Keep it on a separate key, or keep it as part of the dps macro? If the later, what approach?
    5 boxing on Chamber of Aspects, EU (Horde) and Soon on Classic.

Retired blog:
    http://thegrins.blogspot.com/

I don't use ISBoxer, but all my macros use -

Code:
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /assist party1
    /castsequence whatever
    That should prevent any corpse targeting. It's also useful to allow the slaves to pick their own target when they are in their own phases and can't assist the main.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

You're actually putting the assist in the wrong place. It goes on the Combat Hotkeys, not in the class-specific Key Map.

When you put it where you have it in a class-specific DPS Rotation, you're asking each guy to tell the others to assist him, even if you're not in that window. So the one you're playing is going to get told to assist all of your other guys.

Instead, put it right in Combat Hotkeys' DPS Rotation, above Do DPS Rotation in Virtual Combat -> all. Then the window you're playing tells everyone to assist, right before telling them to do their DPS rotations.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

thanks Lax, I got another workaround that basically removes the "auto assist" by using a modifier on the main dps macro for assist - But think your way is a bit cleaner.

Retired blog:

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    You're actually putting the assist in the wrong place. It goes on the Combat Hotkeys, not in the class-specific Key Map.

When you put it where you have it in a class-specific DPS Rotation, you're asking each guy to tell the others to assist him, even if you're not in that window. So the one you're playing is going to get told to assist all of your other guys.

Instead, put it right in Combat Hotkeys' DPS Rotation, above Do DPS Rotation in Virtual Combat -> all. Then the window you're playing tells everyone to assist, right before telling them to do their DPS rotations.
    Lax, I finally got around to try it - And I still don't get the assists to happen - This is what I did based on what you wrote:

Retired blog: