Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Default Multi-Boxing on a Mac in 2014

I've been triple boxing on my iMac (with 2 Thunderbolt displays) for about 2 years.
    I was using CloneKey, but that stopped working so I changed over to MultiLaunchBox.
    That's been working great for Cataclysm and MoP.
    The WoW software recently required me to update the OS from 10.8.x to 10.9.x and that was no big deal,
    but now with patch 6.0.2, MultiLaunchBox is no longer working.
    All posts I have seen are dated 2012 or older, and it looks like nothing is supported any longer.

My main question is: are there any replacements out for CloneKey/MultiLaunchBox functionality on a Mac?
    I'd like to keep multi-boxing, but not being able to broadcast keys to all three windows makes multi-boxing impossible.

Honestly, very few tools are supported any longer. Norrin, the author of MultiLaunchBox, comes through every so often still, but he no longer maintains MLB. I think most people suggest either Synergy or using ISBoxer through Bootcamp for Mac users.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Yeah I still come by here every so often. At least every few hours.
    I replaced my mac several years with a pc. As a software developer I was doing very little IOS work and didn't have the need for the Mac Pro any longer.
    With no Mac it makes it very hard to support MLB.

I have not boxed on a Mac in a good many years now. So not sure how Synergy is working these days. I have issues with it when I did use it.
    Bootcamp and ISBoxer would be my first suggestion for anyone boxing on a Mac.

I do still have the source code for MLB if anyone wants it.

Been retired for awhile and not sure about the current state of things among my former cubicle dwellers. But are there still those super hard core Mac groups out there that wont touch anything else?

Had a graphic artist on our team that would go into a rant if we even tried to show her something on our PC, we had to send it to her to view on her Mac.

I don't rant about it, I just have a lot invested already. It seems to me that the PC techs and fanboys, are the ones that don't touch Macs.
    I've been working on both for work and fun for more years than alot of them, and chose the Mac hardware because it has the capabilities to run both.
    I found that WoW had Mac clients, and found that they were easier to setup the multiple instances to run at the same time. I went that route.
    My maxed out system was actually because I wanted to MultiBox and now been doing that for 2 years. I've been hooked.
    There were tools that worked and allowed it, I was just hoping it didn't have to come to a stop just to setup something completely different and at more cost.

Should have replied sooner, but the advanced loot options works perfectly! Thanks :-)

Quote Originally Posted by geespot View Post
    Should have replied sooner, but the advanced loot options works perfectly! Thanks :-)
    That's TOTALLY off topic. Thanks for sharing,...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Been retired for awhile and not sure about the current state of things among my former cubicle dwellers. But are there still those super hard core Mac groups out there that wont touch anything else?
    Had a graphic artist on our team that would go into a rant if we even tried to show her something on our PC, we had to send it to her to view on her Mac.
    Thanks for the Bashing.
    How about something HELPFUL?

I had a valid question, did not need to see your reply. Thanks.

Not sure where that animosity comes from, but it is not tolerated in this community. JohnGabriel wasn't bashing you, certainly not enough for you to respond to the post twice, a week apart. Geespot is a fellow new user who simply replied to the wrong thread. If you have an issue with a post, either ignore it or report it for us moderators to deal with if appropriate. Flamewars are not allowed here.

That said, ISBoxer is the most highly {if not the only} supported program left. Almost nothing listed in the multiboxing programs on this site - PC OR Mac- is still actively developed or supported in any way outside of assistance from other users. In many cases, these programs haven't been touched by their developers in several years.

We have nothing at all to do with that. We {for the most part} are gamers, not developers. Pretty much nothing has really gotten very far off the ground for Mac boxing in all the years I've been here. Ditto for Linux users. We can't make people want to create and maintain programs for those platforms, nor can we blame them. Multiboxing is a niche practice and people who use something other than PCs are even fewer. Developers with the time, skill and patience to not only learn how to multibox, but to create and maintain a new program for it as a labor of love {'cuz gods know they aren't going to get a payday for it,} are rarer than unicorns.

We can't recommend something that doesn't exist. That doesn't make us fanboys/fangirls or "PC gamers {that} just refuse to let up."
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

3 things I have learned to avoid the hard way in life:

- trying to reason with religious persons about religion
    - trying to reason with the average American about guns and abortion
    - trying to reason with Mac users about technology
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!