Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Targeting Hunter for Heals

Hello,

In my setup, I have an ISBoxer menu that is on top of my party frame in order to heal. It is working great for everything except my hunter (slot 3). When I click on the menu button over slot 3, it sometimes targets the hunter and sometimes targets the hunters pet. There doesn't seem to be a pattern, and my hunter has died on occasion because he wasn't getting healed.

The menu button has three actions:
    1. Variable Keystroke for "Target Slot 3" -> Group (all of): Heal
    2. Conditionally[Shift]: Do Heal: Normal in Virtual Key Map -> Group (all of): Heal
    3. Conditionally[nomodifiers]: Do Heal: Heavy in Virtual Key Map -> Group (all of): Heal

The heal key map for the only member of the "Heal" group has two actions:
    1. Riptide ISBoxer macro
    2. Healing Surge ISBoxer macro

The macros are just "/cast Riptide" and "/cast Healing Surge", no targetting information is in there.

This issue happens when I'm in and out of combat, and I'm hoping I'm just missing something. I unbound the target pet keys from my Resto Shaman, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
    Tattanka

Wasn't there a change a while back where if you targeted a pet class twice, it would target the pet on the second click? Something to do with switching between player and pet on each select, I thought.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Thanks for the reply. I verified you are correct by manually hitting "F4" from my healer and saw the behavior you described.

I guess I will need to create some /target {SLOT#} macros to handle this instead. Thanks!