Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default GridCustomLayouts / Seperate Frame for your toons.

In referrence to this thread here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Oatboat View Post
    GridLayout:AddLayout(L["Custom"], {
    defaults = {
    -- nameList = "Anona,Anonb,Anonc,Anond,Handyl,Shambyl,Bramby l,Gr endyl,Berrt,Erniee,Oscaar,Elmmo,Hannsal,Gretal,Jaa ckk,Jjill",
    -- groupFilter = "",
    -- sortMethod = "NAME"
    -- sortDir = "ASC"
    -- strictFiltering = true,
    -- unitsPerColumn = 5, -- treated specifically to do the right thing when available
    -- maxColumns = 5, -- mandatory if unitsPerColumn is set, or defaults to 1
    -- isPetGroup = true, -- special case, not part of the Header API
    },
    [1] = {
    showParty = false,
    showRaid = true,
    sortMethod = "NAME",
    nameList = "Anona,Anonb,Anonc,Anond,Handyl,Shambyl,Bramby l,Gr endyl,Berrt,Erniee,Oscaar,Elmmo,Hannsal,Gretal,Jaa ckk,Jjill",
    strictFiltering = true,
    },
    })
    I used to use this back in WoTLK - and I loved having my toons seperate from the rest of the unit frames (LFR/BGs mostly).

Searching google, the forums, and everywhere else I cannot figure out how to do this with either the current Grid/Grid2, or ElvUI.
    I simply want to be able to display all of my toons seperate from the standard raid/party frames. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I don't have much to offer, but keep in mind that there's kind of a group within a group thing as of MoP. That is, you join a "party" {1} and then when you enter a dungeon etc, that "party" becomes an "instance group" {2}. You might have to look for that additional layer to get something like this to work.

Alternately, you can try using the Jamba Team Display, which always shows just your team and always in the same order. With all the display options they are pretty much basic party frames.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I didn't realize that you can use Jamba as a healing frame, when the servers come back up I guess I will have myself a little play.

I haven't tried direct-healing through the Jamba Team frame, but it should be easy enough to set up something that will do the job if you can't directly interact with it. I currently have mine set up to do a slave-follows-slave function and individual movement control based on mouse position specifically because the display never changes order or moves. You should at the very least be able to use ISBoxer to set up buttons on or near the team frame that trigger hard-coded macros {/cast [@NAME] Heal}, so while it may not work the same as healing through the unit frames, it'll act the same way.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

If you're using ISBoxer, you can do this through clickbars and VideoFX viewers.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Just throwing this out there as an option. Vuhdo does this fairly well with little effort. You can set up a separate panel for "Private Tanks" and use a simple macro to assign your toons as private tanks, making them display in that panel. Just make sure all toons have their sorting order settings the same, and so that they do not place themselves at the top of the list, and they should always be in the same order. I simply do mine based on name. I'll attach a picture of how mine looks ingame.

Name:  vuhdo1.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  643.4 KB
    Simple frame with click healing and focus setting (for focus heal macros when using a tank), repeater frame on top of it and presto! Works fairly well for both PVE and PVP purposes.

Oh, and the macro I use to set the toons as private tanks is as follows:

/vd pt Wubsie,Wubsíe,Wubsìe,Wubsié,Wubsiè ". "/vd pt clear
    Last edited by Wubsie : 10-28-2014 at 04:15 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post

As long as Vuhdo doesn't end up broken or abandoned, that's a pretty darn simple method.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

That is the risk I'm taking... Suppose the same could be said for a lot of add-ons we all run and love. I do have fall-backs set up with normal raid frames, clique and whatnot, but nothing that does the separate frame for my toons.

I might have to try this out, I've hacked up oUF_Fail to give me a dedicated set of frames for my team, but this vuhdo private tanks idea sounds more elegant...

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    If you're using ISBoxer, you can do this through clickbars and VideoFX viewers.
    I don't believe I know what this is, I believe its new since my hiatus and recent return? I'll have a look around the forums to check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    Snip snip.

Name:  vuhdo1.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  643.4 KB
    Simple frame with click healing and focus setting (for focus heal macros when using a tank), repeater frame on top of it and presto! Works fairly well for both PVE and PVP purposes.

I was trying to figure that out on Vuhdo for ages! But didn't know that I needed to use a macro to add them in to the private party via macro. Time to play with ISBoxer macros and add it to the party invite macro in the settings. Can I add all my characters and just leave it in ISBoxer? Or will it cause issues with Vuhdo?

(Can't test it at the moment due to maintenance.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    As long as Vuhdo doesn't end up broken or abandoned, that's a pretty darn simple method.
    I don't think Vuhdo/Healbot will be scrapped anytime soon. So I think we are safe.... for now...
    Last edited by Vociferate : 10-28-2014 at 06:18 PM Reason: grammar kills, yo