Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Returning to WoW

Stopped 5 boxing WoW just before MOP was launched and thinking of restarting again. Spent most time in BGs, Arenas and heroic 5 man dungeons when I was boxing WoTLK. Which group is easiest to box these in Warlock? Thinking either 4 ret pally or frost DK with a priest healer. Is this team viable?

Just reactivated one account. Still considering if I should go ahead. Large payout to reactivate the remaining 4 account, purchase 5 expansions and resubscribe ISboxer..

Follow was removed from battlegrounds, keep that in mind when deciding to resub.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

HC dungeons was easy in mop. But WoD they said there going to make them a lot harder. More like the level of Cata. But they is many 100 level dungeons this time at level 100.

As for PvP like eatcrabs said follow got removed from BG's and is removed "world pvp zone" (like tol/wg zones) arena follow still work for now. but there kinda taking 5 man arena out (no titles or glad or 100 win mounts form the looks of beta.)

There is ways round follow in Bg's using pets/mounts. that work ok not seen anyone get banned for doing it, but blizzard has banned for playing bugging the bg's que to get more then +5 in bg's

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...t=follow+mkIII

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...-isboxer-setup

Yeah, had been reading the threads on /follow being removed from PvP zones and BGs, thus the choice of a melee team. I do not have the raf mount and will be starting brand new characters (with the free lvl 90 boost) on a new server. Is there anyway to start PvP right away, preferably without the need to buy something from Blizzard's store?

I roughly understands the concept of using IWT to run after the mounted lead character but does that mean the alts have to be on foot? How do we follow indoors and what will happen to the rest if one of them got close enough and successfully mounted?

Finally, is it still good to box 5 accounts? I see some have reduced to boxing 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    HC dungeons was easy in mop. But WoD they said there going to make them a lot harder. More like the level of Cata. But they is many 100 level dungeons this time at level 100.

As for PvP like eatcrabs said follow got removed from BG's and is removed "world pvp zone" (like tol/wg zones) arena follow still work for now. but there kinda taking 5 man arena out (no titles or glad or 100 win mounts form the looks of beta.)

There is ways round follow in Bg's using pets/mounts. that work ok not seen anyone get banned for doing it, but blizzard has banned for playing bugging the bg's que to get more then +5 in bg's

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGrizzly View Post
    Yeah, had been reading the threads on /follow being removed from PvP zones and BGs, thus the choice of a melee team. I do not have the raf mount and will be starting brand new characters (with the free lvl 90 boost) on a new server. Is there anyway to start PvP right away, preferably without the need to buy something from Blizzard's store?
    your welcome to find any pet in game you can interact with. am sure there is more then what i find so far, the soultrader works in ashran but not bg's. just i find brew-pup super easy u can use the druid mount as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGrizzly View Post
    I roughly understands the concept of using IWT to run after the mounted lead character but does that mean the alts have to be on foot? How do we follow indoors and what will happen to the rest if one of them got close enough and successfully mounted?
    They don't need to be on foot they can be on there "own" mount. If one char does successfully mount then its not a big deal the others will still interact with the mount even though they can not "use" it.

Finally, is it still good to box 5 accounts? I see some have reduced to boxing 3.

i done 5 in bg's find. some do 3 and use the 3 player mount

here a video of it working with only the mount.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-buwRFfPUA
    Last edited by ebony : 10-27-2014 at 02:42 AM

Nice video, Ebony. Would not have thought follow was not working if you did not say so.

I guess 3 man would be a better choice especially for the smaller BGs with 15 or lesser combatants each side. The main point of boxing 5 would then be mostly doing 5 man dungeons with the need to LFG for 2 more. Will it still be a good idea to do this in Warlocks or they would be too difficult for a novice boxer?

I would recommend a class that has a melee spec for a beginning pvp boxer. Just because pure caster/ranged classes don't turn to face targets that are behind them when you IWT. It gets kind of frustrating to get feared and have 3/4 of your team facing away from the target - you have to turn them manually. Or with focusing crystal shenanagins.

I think ink there is some leeway with channeled spells, so maybe drain life/soul might spin you towards your target - but I've not played lock in years.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post

could you(or someone) please elaborate on this or like what does this mean plz

Quote Originally Posted by isboxerscrub View Post
    1) Dungeons in MoP were easy.
    a) WoD is proving to be quite a challenge

2) Follow in BG's, PVP zones does not work, (You get an error saying something like, "You can't follow that target."
    b) Arena changes.

3) You can use the Alterac Brew Pups and multiperson mounts as proxy follows in BG's.
    c) You can get banned for bugging the bg queues to get more than 5 characters in at once.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by isboxerscrub View Post
    An addon like AV Pre-enabler, would have multiple queue at as close to simultaneously as possible.
    I believe OQueue might be similar, in that it attempts to get more than five people into the same battleground.

There is a distinct advantage, when you have 80% of the players from the same group and communicating over ventrilo/teamspeak/skype/whatever to coordinate whatever they're doing.

Blizzard doesn't mind when a group of five queue together, since they allow you to queue as a group.
    Utilizing mechanics of the game, or whatever, to get more than five in at once... or at least to attempt to, which will sometimes work and sometimes not... I guess that is now considered exploitive behavior.

It wasn't cause for a suspension or banning when I was playing, but Ebony's information is more recent than mine.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa