Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Aussie Servers

Smile Aussie Servers

Woot, finally we are getting Aussie servers, Multiboxing will be so much better for us Aussies now, WOOT, WOOT.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    What was wrong with Oceanic?
    I am just looking forward to going from 180+ms to like 25 ms, the game will feel new.

Its great and all but I dont know if they are going to let us transfer all our toons over. It said it needed $25 per a toon and then will rebate us but I dont have $1250 in my bank to get rebated lol.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    What was wrong with Oceanic?

They only offer Oceanic times, but the servers were still located in the US. So, pings were quite high. 200 if you were lucky, but generally 300+. Most of my toons were floating at the 400 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Its great and all but I dont know if they are going to let us transfer all our toons over. It said it needed $25 per a toon and then will rebate us but I dont have $1250 in my bank to get rebated lol.
    I know the feeling. =/

And I just transferred 15 toons OFF of Oceanic servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    well you could always open a ticket/phone support. if not you could do X then wait for refund and then Y then wait for refund to do Z.

why they do it this way from all the problems they had when they did it to other servers everyone went nuts and moved because it was free then cried when they had high lag did not want to be there. + with now checks on a FCM you can move any level. and a few would use it to move items/gold nonstop.
    Last edited by ebony : 10-24-2014 at 07:20 AM

Update: They are going to transfer all 55 characters to one Oceanic Realm for free no charge and all in one day! They still have great support just wish they did not remove /follow in bgs and stuff Hey Ebony its me Meathead
    Last edited by Meathead : 10-24-2014 at 01:43 PM

Blog Entries

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity 400ms ping does sound unacceptable!

Yea I have mutiboxed for so long with 200 ms I camt wait for 25 - 30 my reactions are going to be great and with nbn Fibre 40meg up im even more excited.

Here is the FAQ:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14996569538

A: Once the new regional hardware comes online, players who are already on an Oceanic realm will not be required to take any action to move to an Australian server. Players who are currently on a North American realm will be offered a two-week window to transfer their characters to one of the existing Oceanic realms. While players will be required to purchase a paid Character Transfer service for each character they wish to relocate, full refunds for each toon moved will be automatically processed and returned within 72 hours. Free transfers will begin from 6:01PM AEDT Oct 29, 2014 and end at 6:59PM AEDT Nov 13, 2014. Players will still be able to transfer characters to Oceanic realms after this time, but associated server transfer costs will not be reimbursed.