Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Easy 3x dps?

Default Easy 3x dps?

Hi all,
    Have read a lot on here, and plan to start multi boxing. I just briefly messed with it quite a while ago, but never really got going. I have some friends that plan to tank and heal, and I was thinking I would make a 3x dps team to start with. My plans would be to dungeon etc with them, and general pve stuff as well.

Is there a class or set of classes that would be easiest to start off with? It is easier or better to run 3 of the same class or have different classes? Is melee vs ranged a significant difference? I would appreciate any insight or thoughts.

IMO, Beast Mastery hunters are the most forgiving class to box in terms of mistakes and gear ilvl, especially with glyphed Misdirection and 2-second pet rez. That hasn't changed since the 6.0.2 patch, though I can only speculate about level 100 performance.

Also, ranged classes will generally be easier than melee due to movement and positioning issues, though ranged classes do tend to be notably more squishy than melee classes generally speaking.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

casters are easyer then melee. mages should not be a bad choice hunters is a good choice as well as they can fill buff gaps and can tank stuff when your friends not there.

Welcome!

I would recommend 3x hunters. :P They are, so far, my favorite class to multibox.

They aren't, however, without their issues.

If you plan on ever doing any pvp /bg's with your multibox team I would recommend a class that has a melee spec (Druid,Shammy) - IWT will help keep your team turned the correct direction. Ranged classes will only ever IWT if they are out of range, so if something sneaks behind your toons, you have to manually turn them.
    Last edited by Xixillia : 10-21-2014 at 05:11 PM
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

What are you trying to accomplish? Playing with friends?

You might want to think about classes that can have more useful off specs if you are not playing in a group with friend. PUGs with your three DPS might be a hard existence.

Leveling won't be hard of course with whatever you choose, but post leveling is more of a concern.

Can only speak from a PVE point of view, but I would say hunters or locks, mainly because of the pet tanking aspect, because as long as your friends are there its great, but when they are not online and you want to get on, I just found it easier to do those harder quests with a tanking pet. Thing is once you get bitten you will have all 11 classes, in different combo teams til you come to the one that suits you, but good luck and keep on going

just my 2 penny's worth :P

Thanks for the replies. Solo is definitely a concern as well, but my thinking is they are starting with those classes so a 3 damage team seems like a decent place to start. I know other people that are coming back to the game as well, but I can see using a team of three for old content also. Maybe I should just say the heck with it and start with 5...

Quote Originally Posted by Tergras View Post
    Maybe I should just say the heck with it and start with 5...
    Thats how it starts :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    IMO, Beast Mastery hunters are the most forgiving class to box.
    Was considering trying hunters but I wasn't able to find there a way face towards a target as effectively as IWT works for melee (and shamans/other non-ranged weapon users).

I guess you could move an alt towards the target and use /follow to reposition them but that seems very clunky. Especially if you're trying to switch targets quickly or deal with someone strafing around you.