Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default 6.0.2 Balance Druid rotation

Before 6.0.2, the eclipse state is driven by casting certain spells of the lunar or solar series. But now, the eclipse thing is driven by time. And casting spells won't move the bar faster or slower, nor changing its direction. As far as I understand, Astral Communion is the only thing that can affect the eclipse bar by hastening the speed, still, not the direction.

So, fellow multiboxers, do you still use balance druid in your team? How do you tackle the eclipse bar? Ignore it completely?

Quote Originally Posted by konraddo View Post
    [..snip..]

So, fellow multiboxers, do you still use balance druid in your team? How do you tackle the eclipse bar? Ignore it completely?
    Jamba can tell you when eclipse procs. Put sunfire abilities on one action bar and moonfire on another, then just toggle action bars when Jamba tells you to.

But I haven't played druids since before the patch.

Blog Entries

Does it always start out moving in the same direction? What do you mean by time
    Last edited by MiRai : 10-21-2014 at 12:23 AM Reason: Formatting

av given up with druids, what "they should" do and what they do on beta does not does not the same on live.

but am in love with paladins right now!

I was considering a boomy team for WoD, but the new eclipse system seems a bit wonky for boxing purposes. As a single member of the group, I'd say they are still OK, but require some attention to maximize their potential.

As just a single member of a mixed team, I would probably end up ignoring the eclipse system outside of tracking whether or not I should be spamming Wrath or Starfire. With the loss of stat snapshotting, dots need only be kept up and take very little focus, where as before it was important to make sure you were getting the most out of them. Granted you might want notifications on hitting Lunar for better Starfalls, etc...

If running more than one boomkin, the only way to reliably sync would indeed be with Astral Communion, which could be Glyphed to make it castable while moving. Unless one of your toons gets a full half-cycle off sync, this should be easy enough.

Have changed my 5 boomkins into resto spec, may look at it again when everything settles down, but at the momment they are being usefull in the 5 man mixed teams i am making up.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Jamba can tell you when eclipse procs. Put sunfire abilities on one action bar and moonfire on another, then just toggle action bars when Jamba tells you to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    If running more than one boomkin, the only way to reliably sync would indeed be with Astral Communion, which could be Glyphed to make it castable while moving. Unless one of your toons gets a full half-cycle off sync, this should be easy enough.
    If there's only one balance druid in a team, then changing into another set of DPS macro won't be too much of an issue (though it's actually quite tiring to do so). But if you have more than one, I can't imagine how chaotic it would be to sync the eclipse 'peak' across all characters. I think I need to turn him into a tank, then turn my tank into healer (Paladin)...

An option I did was i had 2 x dps keys and 2 x Aoe Keys on all my toons in the group, on the boomkin key 1 was the Solar dps single macro and key 2 was the Lunar single dps macro, same macro's on keys 3 & 4, all the other toons in the group had keys 1 & 2 as single dps keys and 3 & 4 as AoE dps keys, when jamba showed me that the proced I went from mashing key 1 to mashing key 2 till it procced again.

That helped me take the boomkins through an LFD or LFR, but like I said earlier at the moment my plans are to change them to resto, well the ones that were not kitty OS.