Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default Since 6.0 Bad FPS

Since the update of 6.0 in WoW I have been getting some really bad fps with isboxer. I have everything on low and still get bad frames. anyone else getting this?

My FPS actually improved considerably sinc 6.0

Have you tried deleting your cache? Or removing all non-essential files?

hmmm, I have not deleted my cache in wow itself will try that.

Try turning off the new character models. That seems to help mine a good bit. My FPS is pretty much unchanged, except that it now takes a LOT longer to zone/port into a busy city (like Shrine of the Two Moons).
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

same here, my fps dropped dramatically to around 3-4fps on all 5 windows.
    Only way to play with 5 toons
    - reduce resolution to 1680x1050
    - settings low
    - disable new models

My specs:
    16bg ram,i7 2600k,gtx470

I fired up 6.0 for the first time yesterday and ran through all the 6.0 Blasted Lands quests, and was running between 150 and 170 fps. This was on a single instance. I have a 4930 and a GTX 780 ti. After playing WildStar at 20 - 40 fps for a few months, 150 fps was a rush.

Blizzard has changed the rendering engine of their game and it's now much less CPU-bound, and much more GPU-bound. So, even if it costs 5-10% more to run each character, that's 25-50% more GPU load required to run a 5-man team (just throwing out some arbitrary numbers for the sake of discussion).
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Blizzard has changed the rendering engine of their game and it's now much less CPU-bound, and much more GPU-bound. So, even if it costs 5-10% more to run each character, that's 25-50% more GPU load required to run a 5-man team (just throwing out some arbitrary numbers for the sake of discussion).
    oh ok ... time for an upgrade

Yeah, I can confirm the GPU-bound nature of things now. Where before I was having no issues at ~60% CPU in Org/Dalaran/Two Moons, I'm now seeing ~38% CPU and awful stuttering in these towns. I'm running it in DX11 mode because I have rendering issues in DX9 mode (smoke/etc.).
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Same here here, my HD5870 can't handle 5-box team properly, particularly in Vale Shrines, and my 8-box teams are unplayable atmo. Everything on Lowest settings ofc. ... time to spend some money, got 2 Asus Strixes 980 inc in few days with an i7 5960X, can't wait