Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Doesn't work?

Default Not installing?

I just downloaded Keyclone from http://www.solidice.com/downloads/windows/keyclone and tried to unzip/install it to the default directory, but I got an error message saying it couldn't create that location. So I tried manually setting it and same thing. Help?

Run as administrator?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Default Doesn't work?

I finally got keyclone to "install", threw $20 at it and it doesn't even work. The "official" website doesn't seem to even support it anymore, there's no tutorials or any kind of support. I watched a video on youtube, tried to follow it but my interface is different from the one in the video, I click "connect" it opens two WoW windows, I type in the emails, passwords, select characters, put my two in a party, set the slave to follow, find something to kill and NOTHING. Absolutely nothing is happening on the slave's end. Just standing there like a retard while the main is fighting stuff. I even tried spamming the space bar to see if the slave can even jump, nope.

If it helps, my main is a mage and the slave is a hunter. I really need to figure this out, considering I've already wasted money on it.

I figured it out, I had to right click, extract files.

I haven't used Keyclone in a long time, so I'm not familiar with the setup any longer, but either way, you will need to have assist and follow macros created and bound to keys on your slave character, as well as have Keyclone set to pass those keys.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I pressed rr above connect and it's finally working. I have no idea what "rr" even stands for, but it's finally working. I'm going to go look at macros now, thank you.

I would have gone the extra mile and got Isboxer a lot more bang for your buck.

Quote Originally Posted by NBalchemist View Post
    I pressed rr above connect and it's finally working. I have no idea what "rr" even stands for, but it's finally working. I'm going to go look at macros now, thank you.
    It probably stands for "round-robin" which means each game client gets the key press one at a time.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Blog Entries

With Keyclone, every key you press is broadcast to every window.
    That's the default behavior.

You can blacklist certain keys to never broadcast, meaning they only affect the active window.

The easiest follow/assist is going to be focus based.

Every character on the team is going to need one focus macro, per character on the team.
    If you have two toons, they both have two focus macros.
    If you have five toons, they each have five focus macros.

The macro for Toon A, is on the same keybind for every window.
    /focus [target=ToonA]

The macro for Toon B, is the same keybind for every window.
    They all have the same macro: /focus [target=ToonB]

Keyclone has a 'Maximizer' which is your window layout.
    It helps to set the active region keybind (in Keyclone) to the same keybind as Warcraft sets the focus for the team.
    So when you push the key combination to bring Region A to the front/active position, every character sets Toon A as their focus.

Follow is the same on every character.
    /follow [target=focus]

Assist is good for classes with auto shoot or auto attacks.
    Straight casters can cast at the focus target.

/assist [target=focus]
    /cast [target=focustarget] SomeSpellHere

They are effectively the same.
    Except that target changes with assist, while it doesn't change while casting at the focus's target.

Keyclone can Round-Robin, where it sends the same input successively to one window after the other.

It also has a mouse broadcast option, which wasn't all that impressive.
    If you need to broadcast the mouse, you're better off manually switching to that Maximizer Region, and manually using the ability there.

I ended up switching to IS Boxer, mainly for the improved mouse broadcasting.
    But there was a lot more features that blew me away.

Still, you've already paid the $20 for KC.
    $20 once, for a lifetime and transferable license isn't that prohibitive.

Basically match abilities with similar cast or re-use times, or put macro castsequences on similar keys.
    If both classes have a longer refresh, but instant use ability, you could put them on the same keybind; this is of course easier with classes that are the same, so have the same abilities.
    You could go with a Burst Macro, a Standard DPS Macro, an AoE Macro, and a Panic Macro.
    Have each on the same keybind, so they both receive the normal DPS Macro, and because the inactive/slave window is macro'd to attack the focus target, and the active window is everyone's focus, they're attacking the same thing.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa