Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 23

Default 6.0.2 Dungeon completion bonus xp

Hello,
    I'm crazy enough to leveling a lot of chars aiming to get the "Stay Classy" achievement to my personal guild.
    I have 3 'main' accounts, and I'm using one as booster, and the other 2 with that many recruited accounts.
    I've noticed that after 6.0.2, while dungeons kills and quests seems to give less xp (but this could just be a biased perception from my side), completing them gives now a very large amount of xp. For example, pre-patch I got from lvl 10 to lvl 19 and 85% (full heirlooms, RAF group and the - now gone - Fast Track) by running Ragefire Chasm 5 times. Now, I reached lvl 22 and a half in just 3 runs.
    Likewise, on another team, I had to run 1 Hall of Stone, 1 Hall of Lightning, 1 Utgarde Pinnacle, 2 Blackrock Caverns, 1 Throne of the Tides, 1 Stonecore, 1 Vortex Pinnacle, 1 Lost City and the Crucible of Carnage (*) to get from 78 to 85 (*). Post patch, it only took 1 Hall of Stone, 2 Blackrock Cavern and 1 Stonecore.
    I couldn't find anything about that on the Release Notes, so I'm looking for any info... expecially if it's meant to stay

(*) I know my routine isn't super efficient, but I get bored really fast Also, until now XP from dungeon quests was really worth it.

the dungeon compleation bonus is great!! i find leveling from 85-90 really fast in Lost city of tolvr. it awards 57k xp each completion which takes me around 3 mins. just leave toons at door and kill the bosses on your 90 =D

Ohh finally something else than neverending turtle grinding at timeless isle..

I tried your method with one booster and 4 slaves at 85, and without looting anything you can complete the boss kills in the lost city in a tad over 2 minutes. 3 minutes in total with re-entering the dungeon with reset.

The EXP is awesome, I mean it's ~10 x 3 minutes, and your slaves have dinged to 86.. Also 10 runs rewards 10* 5* 36g at minimum, which makes 1800g / 30 minutes.

Thank god Blizzard have removed or at least eased a bit the dungeon reseting, since it seems 5 dungeon IDs per an hour -restriction is gone now..

-Beeq

The dungeons/hour restriction was raised to 10 a while ago

Quote Originally Posted by runtu View Post
    Thank god Blizzard have removed or at least eased a bit the dungeon reseting, since it seems 5 dungeon IDs per an hour -restriction is gone now..

-Beeq
    Quote Originally Posted by Qebm View Post
    The dungeons/hour restriction was raised to 10 a while ago
    Yes, we just talked about this in the Monkey Runs thread. They upped it to 10 in April.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    Yes, we just talked about this in the Monkey Runs thread. They upped it to 10 in April.
    I guess those monkey runs consume rested exp. This method however, does not ^^
    Got my 4 DKs from 85.0 to 87.1 with one hour of work

I got stuck on instance loading screen twice, but that's where you usually had "too many instances" message, now it only gets stuck loading.

If you extend these 3 minute runs to 4 minutes, the time window allows you to loot everything, especially green drops, which disenchants to.. Hypnotic Dust \o/
    Last edited by beeq : 10-19-2014 at 01:16 PM

Quote Originally Posted by runtu View Post
    I guess those monkey runs consume rested exp. This method however, does not ^^
    Got my 4 DKs from 85.0 to 87.1 with one hour of work

I got stuck on instance loading screen twice, but that's where you usually had "too many instances" message, now it only gets stuck loading.

If you extend these 3 minute runs to 4 minutes, the time window allows you to loot everything, especially green drops, which disenchants to.. Hypnotic Dust \o/
    The Brewery consumes rested exp but Tolvir does not? Or do you just mean the Brewery takes longer?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    The Brewery consumes rested exp but Tolvir does not? Or do you just mean the Brewery takes longer?
    The concept of monkey runs are still unfamiliar for me, but what I've quickly red, I guess it's just basic boosting (lvl90 + 4x lower level slaves) and the exp is earned by killing mobs inside the instance. Thus, each kill is rested, and you can keep doing this only 1,5 levels until rested exp wears out.

On these Tol'Vir you earn dungeon completing reward; 36g and 57300 exp each clear, and this reward does not consume rested exp. Of course killing mobs still consumes some rested exp, but only very very little. When you earn the reward, the rested exp pointer moves forward same amount, and you can go from 85 to 90 by clearing the instance 50ish times.

Blog Entries

This almost makes me want to boost something. Do you still get the dungeon completion rewards, though, when you aren't using LFD? I was under the impression that the big xp was from the random LFD quest.

yes you still get the completion xp without quing through dungeon finder =D