Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default ISBoxer Troubleshooting

So, I figured I'd post this in the off chance others have the issue like me.

I've been plagued with innumerable issues with my isboxer setup for a while, and am just now sorting it out so I can reliably run 12+ accounts.

Gonna do this in simple format without backstory.

PROBLEM: Isboxer Video FX acting wacky and buggy, often laggy.

SOLUTION: Ensure all eve accounts are setup under graphics to FULLSCREEN instead of WINDOWED MODE. Looks the same, but changes some stuff internally (isboxer forces its own mode, but u need option set to FULLSCREEN).

PROBLEM: Shit got hella laggy, esp when trying to mouseover eve in the windows aero bar below. Noticed one of my CPU cores was bottlenecking horrifically.

SOLUTION: Use your version (CPU cores may vary) of the following option, NOT round-robin balancing:

Select all CPUs with every window (HyperThreading) (FPS 60/30) (slots per core 12/12/12/12/12/12/12/12) (cores per slot 8/8/8/8/8/8/8/8/8/8/8/8)

Proof:

Helped me a huge amount, and removed p much all the lag I had. 10/10 Would recommend.

Let's keep this as a running Q&A thread for any isboxer problems people have, or have solved.

I know for a lot of folks, sorting personal issues and figuring out how to optimize isboxer for their systems is a huge thing. I couldn't understand how some folks did certain things until I saw the performance I've been getting after that CPU fix. Almost no lag and things are much better. Same with Windowed --> Fullscreen for vid fx. I had shit performance before, vastly improved after.

Sometimes certain annoyances which you think can't be helped can be solved with the right tweaking.

for me first huge problem was complete freezing of PC after logging in 5+ clients, PC build is quite new (P4690,Radeon290x, 16gbram), at the forums ive founf that it could be the directx 11 problem, but switching to directx9 didnt fix the issue, so ive spent few days more just to find, that small program, which i have no idea how appeared at my PC was the cause, Raptr, was completely destroying everything, even keyboard was not responding, so after deleting this programm everything run smooth and pretty well (11 accounts, 8 of them at max graphics)
    Regarding CPU setup, round robin is not working well for me, i have some random spikes from time with it, swapping window, undoking or jump through gate could end up with 3-5 seconds of freezing. So i choose-no setup, game decide cores by itself and it works much perfect.
    But now i might try yours version of CPU setup.

Quote Originally Posted by spf View Post
    for me first huge problem was complete freezing of PC after logging in 5+ clients, PC build is quite new (P4690,Radeon290x, 16gbram), at the forums ive founf that it could be the directx 11 problem, but switching to directx9 didnt fix the issue, so ive spent few days more just to find, that small program, which i have no idea how appeared at my PC was the cause, Raptr, was completely destroying everything, even keyboard was not responding, so after deleting this programm everything run smooth and pretty well (11 accounts, 8 of them at max graphics)
    Regarding CPU setup, round robin is not working well for me, i have some random spikes from time with it, swapping window, undoking or jump through gate could end up with 3-5 seconds of freezing. So i choose-no setup, game decide cores by itself and it works much perfect.
    But now i might try yours version of CPU setup.
    Yeah, sounds very much like the problem I was having.

I think the freezing and issues were from one of your CPUs bottlenecking @100%.

My hardware should have absolutely zero problems running massive amounts of chars, I always figured that my GPU would be the hard limit, and I could solve that by reducing gfx.

Worst lag for me came from alt tabbing, or when I would click the stacked eve windows on my windows toolbar, and it'd open a windows aero view of them, which would lag my comp to hell and back.

Also, just sorted my eve window UI syncing, will make a post here. I read the UI thread, and some other .bat thing which was kinda strange, and those sorta helped but not really.

Much more complicated, and for what I needed (simple windows syncing up) 90% of it was completely unnecessary.

full screen doesnt work for me because i have clients that i run outside of isboxer and using full screen is going to fuck up my ability to click between those screens easily.

I have a problem and i wonder if anyone has a solution for it.

I use ctrl+alt+1 - 0 to switch between my clients in ISboxer and sometimes if ido this too quickly, my isboxer freezes up and wont me allow to switch between clients. This includes even trying to alt tab or click in the task bar or any other window for that matter that is already open.

The solution to this I have found is to bring up windows task manager and force close dxn and relaunch your ISboxer group to bring the dxn window back up.

anyone find a solution to keep this from happening in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Crayonbox View Post
    full screen doesnt work for me because i have clients that i run outside of isboxer and using full screen is going to fuck up my ability to click between those screens easily.
    You're just misunderstanding what the effect will be.

When you put the game in fullscreen mode for ISBoxer, this a) doesn't affect your clients run outside of ISBoxer, and b) doesn't actually put the game in full screen mode. ISBoxer forces windowed mode anyway -- the game is just going to behave differently because it will think it's in full screen mode. One of those effects, with EVE and ISBoxer, is typically better performance.

I use ctrl+alt+1 - 0 to switch between my clients in ISboxer and sometimes if ido this too quickly, my isboxer freezes up and wont me allow to switch between clients. This includes even trying to alt tab or click in the task bar or any other window for that matter that is already open.
    I don't think this is related to switching too quickly, and ISBoxer definitely isn't freezing up. Windows says that when you're clicking on task bar buttons and they flash instead of switching to the window, it's because some window has a context menu active or you're otherwise "working with" some window. Apparently the dxNothing window in this case, since terminating it seems to solve the problem for you. A few others have mentioned this happening to them sometimes with dxNothing but nothing conclusive as far as tracking down the actual cause of the problem.

Do you use custom keyboard/mouse software? I had a similar issue a while back relating to my Razer Naga configuraiton software.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    I don't think this is related to switching too quickly, and ISBoxer definitely isn't freezing up. Windows says that when you're clicking on task bar buttons and they flash instead of switching to the window, it's because some window has a context menu active or you're otherwise "working with" some window. Apparently the dxNothing window in this case, since terminating it seems to solve the problem for you. A few others have mentioned this happening to them sometimes with dxNothing but nothing conclusive as far as tracking down the actual cause of the problem.

Do you use custom keyboard/mouse software? I had a similar issue a while back relating to my Razer Naga configuraiton software.
    I've had this issue myself a few times, the window just gets highlighted as orange/flashing/"you should click to this window, something happened" but you can't actually click to it.

I've been able to workaround it by clicking thru all of my eve clients, and it then continues functioning as normal.

I don't remember if it's ever happened to me when using dxnothing specifically, but I know it's happened when I've tried to manually tab thru or click thru windows on a swapping setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    You're just misunderstanding what the effect will be.

When you put the game in fullscreen mode for ISBoxer, this a) doesn't affect your clients run outside of ISBoxer, and b) doesn't actually put the game in full screen mode. ISBoxer forces windowed mode anyway -- the game is just going to behave differently because it will think it's in full screen mode. One of those effects, with EVE and ISBoxer, is typically better performance.

I dont use anything custom at all. I use a das keyboard and a razor deathadder mouse.

The only program I use other than isboxer that would affect hotkeys or anything is displayfusion that allows me to manage multiple screens. dont really think that would have anything to do with it, but only thing i can think that can even possibly be related.

Blog Entries

when it happens for me there is no fix other than hard killing the dxnothing window from task manager. It happens a lot less with just one dxnothing window, rather than my more sophisticated setup where I use three.

yea, im not sure what the cause is, but i ended up with a single dxn setup for that reason.

also i try and setup my layouts to not rely so heavily on the dxn windows for that reason as well.

I've been looking for the full screen option in isboxer and im not sure where to find it. am i supposed to set it in the clients and let it the isboxer swap everything to windowed?