Close
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 68

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    After seeing what's what {I was waiting to see if there were any really major changes}, I'd figured a simple name change on the MoP Macros thread title and reusing it for WoD with the same setup as before - People post threads about their setups and can have the macros sorted there with a link to the original thread. I haven't done it yet because the actual expansion isn't live so we don't have the new level cap or new abilities for 100.

My only concern was about archiving the old macros, but there's not exactly a whole lot of macros that were even submitted last expansion. I'll probably just shunt them off to a different thread.

So, unless there's some sort of objection, once WoD goes live and we've got all our new abilities, I'll do some major renovations in there and archive the MoP macros so we can use it for WoD.
    I think that is a good idea, somewhere central/stickied/shouty capitals. For the oblivious people, like myself.

Thanks for starting this thread, guys.

With the new patch I'm taking the time to completely revamp my setup. I've previously been using a simple 1 button setup that broadcast steps Numberpad 1-9 in sequence with spells or macros put in place on the WoW side. It worked well with some classes, not so much with others.

I'm looking at what Fishbeak and Mercurio are posting and I'm not sure if I'm understanding the use correctly. I'm going to explain this as I think I understand it in ISBoxer terms and use the first post's Elemental Shaman as an example.

Single button spamable dps keymap that has 3 steps.

Step 1: Keymap that also has 3 steps.
    Step 2: Keymap that also has 3 steps.
    Step 3: Keymap that also has 3 steps.

Is that pretty much what you've got going there?

Second, do you guys program the macros into ISBoxer (or equivalent), or are they all in WoW? If specifically one or the other, is there a reason for it that makes or breaks it?

Once I've figured out what I'm doing I'll post some of my stuff here. I do like the idea of a macro library like we had for MoP once we hit 100, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    Thanks for getting this started Mr Beak. This will be a great way for us to try out different macro sets, tweak them, and figure out what performs best. So I'll play:

Ele Shaman

Single Target

Step 1: 1, 2, 4
    Step 2: 1,2,4,3
    Step 3: 1, 2, 4

1:
    /assist focus
    /stopmacro [nocombat]
    /castsequence reset=target flame shock,null
    /cast Lava Burst
    /cast elemental mastery
    /cast ancestral guidance
    /cast ascendance
    /use 13
    /use 14

2:
    /assist focus
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /castsequence reset=5 Searing Totem, flame shock, elemental blast, elemental blast, flame shock, elemental blast, elemental blast

3:
    /assist focus
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /castsequence reset=5 lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, earth shock

4:
    /stopmacro [nocombat]
    /cast Fire Elemental Totem

Multi-target

Step 1: 5

5:
    /assist focus
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /castsequence reset=10 Searing Totem,null
    /cast Chain Lightning

I do not understand these macros and they are being added/used. Sort of looks like a swap bar, but isn't. SO unsure how/where your adding them or anything much about them at all :/

this MM Hunter one seems okay, just make sure you use the right talents, came from lazy macro, and my hunter was doing around 150k, but its 581 ilvl
    And also class balancements are still going on as well.

#showtooltip steady shot
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /petattack [@target,harm]
    /castsequence [harm]reset=5 Concussive Shot,Chimaera Shot,Glaive Toss,Steady Shot,Steady shot,Aimed Shot,steady shot,aimed shot,steady shot
    /Use rapid fire
    /cast kill shot
    talents are 1,3,3,3,2,1

combat rogue seems to be doing around 150-158k ilvl 583 tho, and using this which i have not even checked how it functions yet

/castsequence reset=target [stealth]Ambush,Garrote
    /castsequence reset=5 sinister strike,Slice and Dice,revealing strike,sinister strike,sinister strike,sinister strike, Eviscerate
    /cast [nostealth][nocombat] stealth
    /targetenemy[dead]
    yet too try assass yet
    Last edited by Shania : 10-18-2014 at 06:59 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Shania View Post
    I do not understand these macros and they are being added/used. Sort of looks like a swap bar, but isn't. SO unsure how/where your adding them or anything much about them at all :/
    They are a combination of the Step system and the Priority system. He has 4 macros built out to use the priority but rather than just sending all of the macros all the time with every keypress, he added steps so what is sent varies press by press.

So, the first time he uses the keymap, a priority of macro 1, 2 and 4 are sent. Macro 3 is not.
    Second time, it uses a new step that sends the priority of 1, 2, 4 and 3.
    Third time, sends 1, 2 and 4 again, then back to step 1.

Combining steps with priority has worked well for me in the past. At the very least, it's useful for popping procs and the like to the top of the priority every now and then or givng something a chance to cast without it constantly taking up GCDs/recasting {debuffs, short cooldowns, etc}. I've found it a great way to smooth out awkward setups and create a solid, reliable spam key.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Does anyone have some healing macros for Holy Pallies? Similar in style to what was setup in the Mosq2 manifesto. Haven't had much luck in writing my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Shania View Post

this MM Hunter one seems okay, just make sure you use the right talents, came from lazy macro, and my hunter was doing around 150k, but its 581 ilvl
    And also class balancements are still going on as well.

talents are 1,3,3,3,2,1

combat rogue seems to be doing around 150-158k ilvl 583 tho, and using this which i have not even checked how it functions yet

yet too try assass yet
    I'm not getting how this works either.
    Is it steps within steps or macros within steps?

Step 1 -
    fire off macros 1 2 3
    step 2 fire off macro 2 4 6

If so, how would the game know which macros to fire off on any given step?

Quote Originally Posted by Igg View Post
    I'm not getting how this works either.
    Is it steps within steps or macros within steps?

Step 1 -
    fire off macros 1 2 3
    step 2 fire off macro 2 4 6

If so, how would the game know which macros to fire off on any given step?
    It's Macros within Steps. Like I said upthread, the setup you're referring to is a combination of steps and priority. Each step is a short collection of macros. This doesn't change how the game processes the macros, it simply changes the macros that are sent.

Priority

Step

How does the game know...? and some more from that thread.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Yes..... Thank you for the info, greatly appreciated.
    ..... s l o w l y getting there

Default Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    After seeing what's what {I was waiting to see if there were any really major changes}, I'd figured a simple name change on the MoP Macros thread title and reusing it for WoD with the same setup as before - People post threads about their setups and can have the macros sorted there with a link to the original thread. I haven't done it yet because the actual expansion isn't live so we don't have the new level cap or new abilities for 100.

My only concern was about archiving the old macros, but there's not exactly a whole lot of macros that were even submitted last expansion. I'll probably just shunt them off to a different thread.

So, unless there's some sort of objection, once WoD goes live and we've got all our new abilities, I'll do some major renovations in there and archive the MoP macros so we can use it for WoD.

No objection from me on pruning / moving this thread. I don't pretend to be an organizer so as long as I can keep posting my ideas on rotations we have a deal.

As for questions on what my / Merc's marcos are ... as indicated by others we use a STEP based sytem with a twist. The twist being that each step is essentially a priority series. Why? It allows me to prioritize the "priorities" so to speak. If I simply had macros 1->6 in a single step and mashed them all the game only ever takes 1. I found that under this system proc type dps spells tended to "wait" to long to be cast. This approach seems to reduce the wait time for those critical spells.

I will add my other macros shortly so please feel free to review / question them.

My druids are almost 88. As soon as they hit 90, I'll update my setup in here and port over my hunters, monks and paladins as well. They aren't perfect but they're a great starting point.

[edit] Balance Druid (PVE) (ISBoxer Pro w/nested steps):

This generates about 32-38k DPS at 90 on the level 85 target dummies in Orgrimmar. They are in almost full 496ish Timeless Isle gear withOUT the weapon and not using cooldowns. This seems to do a pretty good job of hitting Starsurge just at or just prior to maxing out at each end of the cycle, and also hits moonfire/sunfire during their empowerment.

The main caveat is that if your cycle is already out of alignment, it will stay out of alignment. Use Astral Communion to get things back in sync as needed. If it isn't obvious, as long as you keep pressing buttons, it will keep rotating between lunar and solar spells every 20 seconds by the clock, not by the number of keypresses or number of spells in the rotation.

All mapped keys are trigger when pressed OR released.

"DPS Rotation" mapped key:
    Code:
    | Advanced: Reset to step 1 after 30 seconds from the last hotkey press
    |--> Step 1
    |    | Do not advance to the next step for at least 80 seconds
    |    |--> Action 1 = Do mapped key "Moonkin1" in keymap DruidCaster (self)
    |--> Step 2
    |    | Do not advance to the next step for at least 40 seconds
    |    |--> Action 1 = Do mapped key "Moonkin2" in keymap DruidCaster (self)
    "Moonkin1" mapped key:
    Code:
    | Advanced: Reset to step 1 after 40 seconds from the first hotkey press
    |--> Step 1
    |    | Do not advance to the next step for at least 20 seconds
    |    |--> Action 1 = Do WoW macro "Combat1" in wow macro set "Quick Setup 41" (self)
    |--> Step 2
    |    |--> Action 1 = Do WoW macro "Combat2" in wow macro set "Quick Setup 41" (self)
    "Moonkin2" mapped key:
    Code:
    | Advanced: Reset to step 1 after 40 seconds from the first hotkey press
    |--> Step 1
    |    |--> Action 1 = Do WoW macro "Combat3" in wow macro set "Quick Setup 41" (self)
    |--> Step 2
    |    |--> Action 1 = Do WoW macro "Combat2" in wow macro set "Quick Setup 41" (self)
    WoW Macros in "Quick Setup 41":

"Combat1"
    Code:
    /stopmacro [flying][noharm]
    !if (character in "DruidCaster") /castsequence [harm] reset=combat/20 starfire, moonfire, starfire, Force of Nature, starsurge, starfire, moonfire, starfire, starfire, starfire, starfire, starfire, starfire, starfire, starfire
    /startattack
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    "Combat2"
    Code:
    !if (character in "DruidCaster") /castsequence [harm] reset=20/target wrath, sunfire, wrath, Force of Nature, starsurge, wrath, wrath, sunfire, wrath, wrath, wrath, wrath, wrath, wrath
    /startattack
    "Combat3" (gives me one rotation without Starsurge to rebuild points; realistically, you only need this if you're doing a lot of really long boss fights)
    Code:
    !if (character in "DruidCaster") /castsequence [harm] reset=combat/20 starfire, starfire, Force of Nature, starfire, moonfire, starfire, starfire, starfire, starfire, starfire, starfire, starfire, starfire
    /startattack
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 11-01-2014 at 01:35 AM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)