Close
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 68

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    LOL! Hey, we all have to start from somewhere. You want a primer on multi-step? I won't post it here and derail but I'd be happy to write up something.
    Probably a good idea if you have the time. There are probably lots of readers who do not know how to set a multi-step up.

Default DPS Mapped Key

5-Monks ISBoxer multi-step

..snip..

DPS Rotation mapped key:
    Code:
    Reset to step 1 after 15 seconds
    Execute when pressed OR released
    |--> Step 1
         |--> Do WoW macro "Combat1" in "Quick Setup 41" (self)
         |--> Do mapped key "ChiWave" in keymap "MonkTank" (self)
         |--> Do mapped key "RingofPeace" in keymap "MonkTank" (self)
    |--> Step 2
         |--> Do WoW macro "Combat2" in "Quick Setup 41" (self)
    |--> Step 3
         |--> Do WoW macro "Combat3" in "Quick Setup 41" (self)
    |--> Step 4
         |--> Do WoW macro "Combat4" in "Quick Setup 41" (self)
    ..snip..
    I like the setup you have here and it largely made sense as I tried to create it in ISBoxer but I had a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. You mention you bounce specs back and forth but your macros are based on action target groups. Is there some way those change based on spec? Or do you actually push out a change and reload when you want to switch between them?

2. Most of your mapped keys/macros made sense. The only thing I was struggling with was your DPS mapped key pointing to self. Are you just adding that to some other mapped key that's broadcasting? I wasn't understanding how DPS spam would make it to the rest of the team the way that one is setup.

3. Your DPS key advanced settings say reset after 15 secs, but doesn't say after first keypress or what setting you are choosing there?

Thanks! Looking forward to trying this out on my monk team!

--gid

Quote Originally Posted by Gidaeon View Post
    I like the setup you have here and it largely made sense as I tried to create it in ISBoxer but I had a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. You mention you bounce specs back and forth but your macros are based on action target groups. Is there some way those change based on spec? Or do you actually push out a change and reload when you want to switch between them?

2. Most of your mapped keys/macros made sense. The only thing I was struggling with was your DPS mapped key pointing to self. Are you just adding that to some other mapped key that's broadcasting? I wasn't understanding how DPS spam would make it to the rest of the team the way that one is setup.

3. Your DPS key advanced settings say reset after 15 secs, but doesn't say after first keypress or what setting you are choosing there?

Thanks! Looking forward to trying this out on my monk team!

--gid
    Ok ..yeah replying to my own reply with another quick question. Just went to export and being a newbie at using ISBoxer to actually create WoW macros, I got the pop up that says I need to set key combos for the macros. Perhaps this was related to my question #2. Do I just pick some unused key combo for each of the macros?

Thanks again!

--gid

Refer to my ISBoxer profile: http://www.l00py.net/isboxer_ugh_24nov2014.txt In there, you'll find in the keymaps for each class two mapped keys: PrimaryATGs and SecondaryATGs. That moves characters in and out of ATGs as needed and remaps the virtual combat keymap references as well.

I use the ISBoxer Pro system. As an example of what it does for, say, my main DPS spam key:

1. My DPS key "v" is bound to the "DPS Rotation" mapped key in "Combat Hotkeys" keymap.
    2. That key does "Assist Me" -> self in the Non-combat keymap, and then calls "DPS Rotation" mapped key in the Virtual Combat keymap -> all.
    3. Then the Virtual Combat keymap's "DPS Rotation" key calls "DPS Rotation" in the keymap MonkTank -> self. The Virtual Combat keymap "reference" is initially defined in each character's "Virtual Mapped Keys" tab and can be switched around as needed to point to a different keymap as needed for different specs or testing. Again, see the ATG switching keys noted above for examples.

See my linked profile above. The DPS key spams 4 steps to cover all the different things without it getting hung up in a macro. It also spams my RingOfPeace and ChiWave mapped keys. RingOfPeace fires on the next character once every 8 seconds and resets after 45 seconds (the cooldown of the spell); this ensures it is up as often as possible on the target's target to keep it silenced/disarmed as much as possible. ChiWave fires on the next character every 3 seconds ensuring that it's up as often as possible and doesn't waste itself on a mob that dies immediately as it would if you just fired it on all 5 monks at once.

Ok ..yeah replying to my own reply with another quick question. Just went to export and being a newbie at using ISBoxer to actually create WoW macros, I got the pop up that says I need to set key combos for the macros. Perhaps this was related to my question #2. Do I just pick some unused key combo for each of the macros?
    Yep. I use right-control + right-alt + keypad 0-9, etc. since I don't bind those to anything, but you can use whatever you'd like.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 11-24-2014 at 02:33 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Refer to my ISBoxer profile: http://www.l00py.net/isboxer_ugh_24nov2014.txt In there, you'll find in the keymaps for each class two mapped keys: PrimaryATGs and SecondaryATGs. That moves characters in and out of ATGs as needed and remaps the virtual combat keymap references as well.

I use the ISBoxer Pro system. As an example of what it does for, say, my main DPS spam key:

1. My DPS key "v" is bound to the "DPS Rotation" mapped key in "Combat Hotkeys" keymap.
    2. That key does "Assist Me" -> self in the Non-combat keymap, and then calls "DPS Rotation" mapped key in the Virtual Combat keymap -> all.
    3. Then the Virtual Combat keymap's "DPS Rotation" key calls "DPS Rotation" in the keymap MonkTank -> self. The Virtual Combat keymap "reference" is initially defined in each character's "Virtual Mapped Keys" tab and can be switched around as needed to point to a different keymap as needed for different specs or testing. Again, see the ATG switching keys noted above for examples.

See my linked profile above. The DPS key spams 4 steps to cover all the different things without it getting hung up in a macro. It also spams my RingOfPeace and ChiWave mapped keys. RingOfPeace fires on the next character once every 8 seconds and resets after 45 seconds (the cooldown of the spell); this ensures it is up as often as possible on the target's target to keep it silenced/disarmed as much as possible. ChiWave fires on the next character every 3 seconds ensuring that it's up as often as possible and doesn't waste itself on a mob that dies immediately as it would if you just fired it on all 5 monks at once.

Yep. I use right-control + right-alt + keypad 0-9, etc. since I don't bind those to anything, but you can use whatever you'd like.
    Thanks I was just watching the pro setup video today, figured it was related and looked back and saw your response. Sweet, thanks!!!

Anyone have current step or priority based setup for Prot Warriors and Ret Pallys? I'm playing around with a few nuggets I found in the old MoP Library thread but if someone has something current I could look at that would be great.

Thanks!
    --gid

Blog Entries

Just decided to get back into the game here. Been a long time though, can we still use calls to other action buttons in a macro, rather than a step macro if I don't have ISboxer currently?

I know I did that a lot with MOP, but haven't followed anything about wow for a while.

Thanks all.

And yeah, STO is horrible right now, which is why I'm back again.
    "You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the
    point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth
    - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin
    Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Quote Originally Posted by F9thRet View Post
    Just decided to get back into the game here. Been a long time though, can we still use calls to other action buttons in a macro, rather than a step macro if I don't have ISboxer currently?

I know I did that a lot with MOP, but haven't followed anything about wow for a while.

Thanks all.

And yeah, STO is horrible right now, which is why I'm back again.
    Yep, that still works, and typing /framestack will allow you to hover over a button to see its name so you get the macro right.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Blog Entries

Awesome Ugh! thanks again.
    "You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the
    point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth
    - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin
    Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Any Gnomesequencer lua version of these macros?