Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Eve Skill Planning

I thought I would ask for some advice from the Eve community:

Background:

I have been quietly working on my Eve Mining Fleet (10 Boxing) over the last 2 months getting them up and running and actually I am finding that I really, really enjoying it! While getting the fleet where it needs to go, I do see a day when I would want to start a pve / pvp fleet.

Action Plan:

(Phase 1)

I am going to be dual training these accounts to start getting the new characters going; hence I thought that while I’m not playing them directly they can be skill training. I was planning to train the CORE ship skills that pretty much every pilot would need at level 5 regardless of career choice. The ones I have identified are as follows:

Armor:
    Mechanics
    Hull Upgrades

Engineering:
    CPU Management
    Power Grid Management
    Capacitor Management
    Capacitor Systems Operations

Shields:
    Shield Management
    Shield Operation

Targeting:
    Targeting
    Long Range Targeting
    Signature Analysis

(Phase 2)

In this phase I plan on trying to “beef up” the pilots and their ships so I was planning to go for skills such as:

Armor:
    Repair Systems
    EM Armor Compensation
    Explosive Armor Compensation
    Kinetic Armor Compensation
    Thermic Armor Compensation

Shields:
    Shield Upgrades
    Shield Compensation
    EM Shield Compensation
    Explosive Shield Compensation
    Kinetic Shield Compensation
    Thermic Shield Compensation

I also understand that this plan would take a great deal of time to accomplish. But I am finding in Eve Online, if you do not have a plan you could waste a ton of skill training time and/or time in general.

The question to you: Is there any that I may be missing? Any advice from you vets would be greatly appreciated!

Tactical shield manipulation 4 is super duper important for shield tank, dont train it to 5 as that can actually make your tank worse ( in theory ) and has no benefits.

Energy grid upgrades, need this one to 5 if you want to fly heavy assault ships but if thats not something you are looking to do in the first year ( due to them being sorta underwhelming with t3 cruisers around, this goes double for multiboxers although ishtar is nice for pve ( gila better for WH ) )

Electronic upgrades, need this to atleast 4, 5 if you want to fly recons/covert ops ( which arent used for multiboxing apart from stealth bomber fleet )

Remote shield/armor transfer/repair to 4, for spider tank setups/logi pilots

Navigation skills, these use int/per remap which you shouldnt ever do, int/memory being the next best thing so train these while you are in your int/mem remap. These would be Evasive maneuvering, warp drive operation, acceleration control, afterburner and high speed maneuvering to 4 ( 5 optional, just make sure all toons have the same levels of these to make navigation easier ) and navigation to 5.

Science 5 isnt really needed since its rank 1 skill and only used for capital skills and RnD.

Target management 5, advanced target management 4.

Add that to the skill queue and you have everything you will ever need to train with a int/mem remap :-)

Thank you for the reply Alzuule.

I will definitely take what you mentioned into consideration!

For easiest thing for you with mining especially:

Battle Skiff.
    [Skiff, troll level: lordsservant]
    Damage Control II
    Drone Damage Amplifier II
    Drone Damage Amplifier II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    EM Ward Amplifier II
    Thermic Dissipation Amplifier II
    Kinetic Deflection Amplifier II

Strip Miner I

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
    Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

Gecko x1
    Gecko x1

You can only use 1 gecko at a time, but that means you can assist up to 50 skiffs to one pilot.

Toss in vulture links, your choice of triggership (I prefer vulture meself, but u can swap around), tackle, + logi and you've got yourself a slightly lowish dps pvp fleet packing almost as much EHP as most t3s.

272dps
    133k EHP before heat, with links.

You can use Heavies to up your dps to 351 dps with hammer IIs, but you run into assisting issues one you pass one squad of skiffs.

cool thing with that skiff fit is that you can swap the lows for MLUs when you want max yield, and the fit will get the same yield as a mack with much more ehp. Skiffs really are underrated, especially with how much ccp buffed them recently.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

If I didn't need more yield on my skiff I would totally run that fit. I have 9 miners and 5 use a remote sebo to my overwatch and the other 4 use drone navs to help the warriors catch ceptors. That's a good bait skiff fit.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

I never considered using a Skiff. No one ever mentions them on the forums etc. I'll look into for my mining fleet.

Thanks for the options!

Quote Originally Posted by CDNProdigy View Post
    I never considered using a Skiff. No one ever mentions them on the forums etc. I'll look into for my mining fleet.

Thanks for the options!
    Skiff is the only way to mine!
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

dont bother training armor skills besides mechanics and hull upgrades, armor compensation skills are wasted xp as you never tank a barge with armor.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.