Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default 6.0 Vanila dungeons

Ok who else is having a hard time with the bosses? I first of all lost all my macros.... thanks bliz... and even getting the basics setup, the bosses in vanila instances seem to be extremely difficult.

I am currently attempting to boost a team up on hyjal-US, a mix team just so I can have a variety of classes available to me at level 90. This will give me a total of each class at level 90, though soon to be 100. Anyway, in Razorfen Downs the bosses seem to have been amped up from previous strengths. I think I will have to fix my macros and figure out some strategy. Doesn't help that my main is a healer monk, and I went from sleepy healing to OMFG I GOTTA HEAL!!!!

Because of the stat squish they were aware of the possibility of this happening but added code to specifically prevent it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15682579/#stat_squish
    It's important to understand that this isn't a nerf, and we have special handling in place to preserve players’ existing ability to solo old content. Players will deal bonus damage against lower-level creatures from past expansions, and will take reduced damage from them.
    Maybe they did just the mobs, and forgot to reduce the bosses.

It seems that not everything was "squished" correctly:

We have a hotfix in testing that will adjust creature scaling to better account for the stat squish.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8137?page=5#81
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    It seems that not everything was "squished" correctly:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8137?page=5#81
    Ahh this is more likely it. Just seemed that the mobs were a bit tough but doable, and the bosses were next to impossible, I somehow made it to the last boss though. the bosses before seemed like mini raid bosses health wise lol

Quote Originally Posted by drarkan View Post
    Ahh this is more likely it. Just seemed that the mobs were a bit tough but doable, and the bosses were next to impossible, I somehow made it to the last boss though. the bosses before seemed like mini raid bosses health wise lol
    I just completed Razorfen Downs and received the same experience. The mobs were a bit tough, and the bosses very tough, I was constantly healing. While I did not wipe once I had to be at the keys as if this was an end game dungeon.

This was after the hotfix. So either they have not hotfixed that part yet, or they didn't reduce it very much.

The changes to the dungeon itself were nice, and I thought it was very fun having to actually play the dungeon. But if the goal is to level quickly it really sucks. My team was level 45 with full heirlooms, so my opinion a pug group at correct level in regular gear would not make it through the dungeon.

Yeah, it's all jacked up. Running a couple of low levels through SM with my 90 (iLevel 485); mobs in their 30s. In the entrance with all the piles of bones in the graveyard, the Scarlet guys are taking 2 boiling bloods + 1-3 hits to kill. Thalnos the Soulrender takes like 5 hits to kill.
    In the next couple of areas, including Whitemane, 1 bloodboil or DnD on placement is an instant kill on all mobs.
    Last edited by sorrowharvester : 10-16-2014 at 09:30 AM
    Whisperwind - US - Alliance
    5x Human Death Knights - all level 120
    1x Human Paladin for LFD: 120
    Bleeding Hollow - US - Horde - [On the Bench currently]

5x Orc Death Knights - 1 x 90 + 4 x 60s
    1x Blood Elf Paladin: Level 67 - Healer for 5 man LFD