Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 20 of 20

It would be incredibly small minded and naive for Blizzard to think nobody playing WoW uses the synapse or logitech software that way.

IsBoxer has delays, by the way. Just put a timer in before each step disallowing it access to the next step for an arbitrary amount of time ( whatever suits you ).

This crusade they are on to disallow people with handicaps more accessibility through macros is crazy but they'd have to be insane to go after the people who leverage the manufacturer software that came with their device. To them I say good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMilitia View Post
    It would be incredibly small minded and naive for Blizzard to think nobody playing WoW uses the synapse or logitech software that way.
    Absolutely. About as small-minded as thinking that people don't get banned for abusing those features.
    IsBoxer has delays, by the way. Just put a timer in before each step disallowing it access to the next step for an arbitrary amount of time ( whatever suits you ).
    1. Put in a "Do not progress to the next step for 5 seconds" option
    2. Press button once
    3. Observe current step's button is pressed
    4. Wait 5 seconds
    5. Observe absolutely nothing happens. At all. Like, period. Complete lack of activity. Dead on arrival. Ebola victim.
    6. Swith over to your programmable device.
    7. Program key with an initial action (action "A"), a 5 second delay and then a follow-up action (action "B").
    8. Press key
    9. Observe action "A" happens
    10. Wait 5 seconds
    11. Observe action "B" happens automagically!

See what I did, there?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

No, honestly not sure what you are trying to say.

When you check 'Do not progress to the next step for' and give it a value, it means you can spam click that button that entire length of time and it won't go to the next step. If you take it one further and check the box that says 'And only trigger once' it will only send the actions once, regardless of how fast or how often you repeat the step.

If you exceed the time listed in step one it then goes to step two.

FYI, the day they ban people for using LCore or Synapse, which comes with gaming hardware is the day they are publicly ridiculed and deserted.

Blog Entries

With IS Boxer, every event (output) is a direct result of an trigger (input) on the users end.
    The output occurs at the same time as the input.

You can force a key to not advance, for a duration.
    But you still have push the key manually once the duration has passed.

If you're not at the keyboard manually pushing the buttons, nothing happens.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    With IS Boxer, every event (output) is a direct result of an trigger (input) on the users end.
    The output occurs at the same time as the input.

You can force a key to not advance, for a duration.
    But you still have push the key manually once the duration has passed.

If you're not at the keyboard manually pushing the buttons, nothing happens.
    Right. I'm referring to the delay that occurs in the event someone is spam clicking the button.

As far as I'm concerned whether you use a keydown ala synapse or spam clicking your finger joints into oblivion makes no difference at all in how you play. One is certainly less stupid and less painful though.

Bottom line is this is just a matter of accessibility. Unlike the bot routines that handle all your interrupts, procs and rotations for you, this is simply handling a predictable rotation without visiting the doctor every month for a knuckle injection. You still have to tend to that rotation frequently to play optimally. It just allows you to do it with fewer keybinds.

As far as I'm concerned whether you use a keydown ala synapse or spam clicking your finger joints into oblivion makes no difference at all in how you play. One is certainly less stupid and less painful though.
    Your opinion and judgement of the stupidity of an action has zero bearing on how game companies treat people employing those actions. As someone that suffers moderate carpal tunnel issues, I completely understand the point about accessibility. Unfortunately, there is no "accessibility" exception for botting mechanics, the definition of which has been exhaustively clarified.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Default Thanks Lunae

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    Sounds like that's a mistake at this point!

Anyone who would like help converting a O,O,O system to like a pro in isboxer should hit up the chatroom and i'll try to help.
    I have about 4 maybe 5 total that I truly care about. If i log into chat I will look for you. If you could help me convert one that would be a great working example for me to do the rest.

Will be looking for you later Lun!

Blog Entries

Cris:

Mostly converting from lazymacros to pro is breaking it up into separate named wow macros (with different keybinds)that fire at almost once in the same step:

/cast A

/cast B

/castsequence C, null

The place where that gets trickier is dots, and someone recently did a really clever post on how he handles dots using isboxer plus the ingame reset feature,you might want to take a look at this:

http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.p...p=28750#p28749

It just depends on what you are trying to accomplish

When you check 'Do not progress to the next step for' and give it a value, it means you can spam click that button that entire length of time and it won't go to the next step.
    While I don't personally agree with the nature of timing, I can't find much issue in an action NOT being sent to the game. Really, you're blocking an action to ISBoxer and it's kind of hard to see much difference between blocking a step from progressing and blocking which client receives a keypress like in round robin broadcasting at that point.

If you take it one further and check the box that says 'And only trigger once' it will only send the actions once, regardless of how fast or how often you repeat the step.
    So will the ingame macro of /castsequence reset=* spell, nil

If you exceed the time listed in step one it then goes to step two.
    Ok? This still doesn't resemble automation as found in the macro software in gaming mice/keyboards that I warned against. You are just trying to use a similar-sounding function to build a pro-automation argument. There's a difference between a response to "Do this" that comes back "I can't" {ISBoxer} and the response that comes back "I'll do it later," {true delays aka wait commands/automation}. ISBoxer has "repeating" too, that doesn't mean because it's ok to duplicate a keystroke to 5/10/40/800 windows once per press, then it should be ok to send a series of 5/10/40/800 keystrokes to one window per keypress.

FYI, the day they ban people for using LCore or Synapse, which comes with gaming hardware is the day they are publicly ridiculed and deserted.
    They don't ban simply for using the software, they ban for violating the game's rules. Pretty much any answer ever given by blues {and many other game companies} on stuff like this all include the words "As long as it stays within the ToS."

You, as a multiboxer, should know the difference between good touch and bad touch seeing as we argue day in and day out how multiboxing isn't botting and we don't use automation. If you don't, here's The Rules Thread and here's the Blue Posts Thread.

You are trying to create a grey area where automation is ok, using multiboxing as precedent and disability as moral justification. There is a No Tolerance Policy here on discussion that advocates for violating the rules of the games we play. We've got enough drama around us as it is.

So let me spell it out since people are going to come to this thread in droves looking for answers on how to do macros for WoD -

Automation is not the proper response to creating macros, dealing with game changes or any other multiboxing problems.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I am with you, but this forum has to be pc and tow the tos line. Play how you want, just cant always post about it.